FATz: OP? No. Worth it? Yes!

SnakesOnAPlane
4363 posts Member
edited June 2017
I keep seeing various threads on if FATz is a worthy character to star and gear up. After using her for the last 2 weeks, I can say she's absolutely worth it in today's meta. I can beat the most powerful Triple Cleanse + DN teams every time with her on my squad. My comp? Wedge lead, R2 (double Zeta), Chaze (unfortunately yes), and FATz. After payout (rotation 1-3), I also hold more consistently in the top, usually never dropping out of the top 10 (unless I demod for a raid and forget or am too lazy to remod afterwards), and once in a while I'm still asked to demod for fellow shardmates (but usually when they are low on chances left). For the Zarriss squads, who can shut down near any team, I can easily swap in DN at any time to take her out. Overall, she's super fun to use and play, gives some enjoyment to a stale meta, and should have good staying power down the line. And, yes, I'd do it all over again.

How FATz will play out against Thrawn, I dunno, but time will tell. Since she cleanses herself after any turn, fractured may not work well on her (if she survives the initial onslaught). Edit: Fractured can't be dispelled.

https://swgoh.gg/u/snakesonaplane/
SnakesOnAPlane
Post edited by SnakesOnAPlane on

Replies

• Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    The issue is you have a 7* Ahsoka and most people on the forums have 3 or 4*. I got mine to 4* g11 and put a zeta on her but she's permanently relegated to GW duty for now. Fun but unreliable on offense, but abysmal on defense.
  • I don't have her geared.

But face some

And she once one shot my GK, so I believe OP when he says she is viable and worth it
  • How FATz will play out against Thrawn, I dunno, but time will tell. Since she cleanses herself after any turn, fractured may not work well on her (if she survives the initial onslaught).

But fracture cannot be cleansed and she won't get a turn for as long as she is fractured
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    elaborate post just to mention "FATz" agian ^_^
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Cloud24
    206 posts Member
    Fatz is so bad on defense AI hardly knows how to use whirwill or whatever. i love fighting her considering how bad her defence is
  • Morpheus
    279 posts Member
    I sure hope it's worth it considering how much Fulcrum costs.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    JohnTS676 wrote: »
    How FATz will play out against Thrawn, I dunno, but time will tell. Since she cleanses herself after any turn, fractured may not work well on her (if she survives the initial onslaught).

But fracture cannot be cleansed and she won't get a turn for as long as she is fractured

@JohnTS676: Good point, she "dispels" at the end of each of her turns. Edit x2: Cleansers are dispellers.

"This Fracture can't be copied or dispelled. This attack can't be Evaded or Resisted."
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    How FATz will play out against Thrawn, I dunno, but time will tell. Since she cleanses herself after any turn, fractured may not work well on her (if she survives the initial onslaught).

@JohnTS676: "This Fracture can't be copied or dispelled. This attack can't be Evaded or Resisted." Nowhere does it say it can't be cleansed.

You don't think they meant dispelled to mean cleansed? I think because boba and Vader can remove debuffs on opponent, they used the general dispel to encompass all status effect removals.

Also, and most damaging to your argument, is the lock symbol on the debuff. A dead giveaway.
  • Mastoraz
    156 posts Member
    I sure hope she can fight back Thrawns skills. I said to my friends when something comes out that destroys the meta chaze and rex format, I think ahsoka will shine with her self cleansing and no dot sticking skills. It be shame if not, cuz that be one short live ride if thrawn already destroys that. I have her 7* G11 zeta too and absolutely love her, plus only one using her on server, so that's nice.
  • marauder
    124 posts Member
    @SnakesOnAPlane you should rename this to FAT "most high maintenance chick in the game " :tongue:
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Nebulous wrote: »

@JohnTS676: "This Fracture can't be copied or dispelled. This attack can't be Evaded or Resisted." Nowhere does it say it can't be cleansed.

You don't think they meant dispelled to mean cleansed? I think because boba and Vader can remove debuffs on opponent, they used the general dispel to encompass all status effect removals.

Also, and most damaging to your argument, is the lock symbol on the debuff. A dead giveaway.

Like a fool, I realized after the fact that "cleansing" is actually a dispel. Go read Rex, Chirrut, GK, and Barriss's abilities. Sigh! This whole time the "Triple Cleanse" name should have been "Triple Dispel".

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member

Like a fool, I realized after the fact that "cleansing" is actually a dispel. Go read Rex, Chirrut, GK, and Barriss's abilities. Sigh! This whole time the "Triple Cleanse" name should have been "Triple Dispel".

Did you play WoW? I learned it as cleanse from many years of wow. I still look at dispel as removing opposing buffs.
  • NinFang
    60 posts Member
    OP is legit the worst poster on these forums, it's become a hobby of his to make posts as an attempt to stick ATF with the name FAT. So childish lol.

he should be banned from forums:)
  • NinFang wrote: »
    OP is legit the worst poster on these forums, it's become a hobby of his to make posts as an attempt to stick ATF with the name FAT. So childish lol.

he should be banned from forums:)

wj9sn.jpg
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Nebulous wrote: »

Did you play WoW? I learned it as cleanse from many years of wow. I still look at dispel as removing opposing buffs.

You got it! ;)

I'm with you on that. It's a bit counter intuitive.

SnakesOnAPlane