Going ALL-IN for Yoda?

I can't decide if this is a good idea or not. An all Jedi team sounds sweet, but at what cost? My arena team currently consists of 7* Sid(L), 7* Lumi, 6* Luke(44/100), 5* Poe(0/80), and 5* GS(28/80) all lvl 67 and in max gear. I consistently finish 1-4 depending on how the RNG treats me (young server I know). My current Jedi options are 7* Lumi, 4* Mace(6/65), 5* JC(15/80), 3* Eeth Koth(26/30) and 4* Qui Gon(60/65). Now I haven't crunched the numbers exactly, but I'm sure I could have a five member 7* Jedi team inside of 30 days. The trade-off would be leaving GS at 5*s(for now) and devoting all of my arena currency to Eeth Koth. I was already all-in on QJC and maxing JC would be nice for GW I guess. Any thoughts?

Replies

• I don't think Yoda will make or break anyone's team, and if you already got a solid team you might want to keep your wealth and gradually foxus on more meaningful Jedi than jkg and eeth, although eeth is useful for agi challenge.
  • Wish I was on your server if you can consistently take 1-4 with that team. Still, congratulations. :)

I'd wait until the second part of the patch today and see what's what before deciding on anything new. QGJ was bugged in yesterday's update giving him 2x the leader speed buff to +46 for Jedi, that will be fixed today supposedly.

You have the bones of a decent PvP team, just keep maxxing them and don't make any wholesale changes but small incremental ones.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • I might be all-in, gonna wait till I see his skills and stats first.

I could get to 5 6* before end of first shot and would have him at 7 by end of second if he is worth it.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Alternatively you could get Mace up to 5 stars then go back to GS. Stick with Eeth to 5 stars and then go back to whomever you were farming there, too. That way you'd get Yoda, see if you want to star him up at that time and then decide where to take your team.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I'm going to 5* him, because Yoda. Once I see him playing, I'd decide what to do. I have like 4-5 teams I want to have, I know it is going to be a slow grind. My first idea when I got the gsme was to get a clone team and a droid team. Changed it for Jedi and Droids once I lesrned that clones arent viable yet. But I want a team for pretty much every faction
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    garublador wrote: »
    Alternatively you could get Mace up to 5 stars then go back to GS. Stick with Eeth to 5 stars and then go back to whomever you were farming there, too. That way you'd get Yoda, see if you want to star him up at that time and then decide where to take your team.
    This seems like a solid idea. I could easily have 5* Mace and Koth inside the first round of the challenge also, assuming it lasts for a week.
  • I'm currently at level 61 and personally can't see myself getting five 7*'s within a month. Only 7* I have is Sid who was easy to farm with Squad arena. I'll give it a good go trying to unlock him but for the 7* yoda, nah.
  • JoshG wrote: »
    garublador wrote: »
    Alternatively you could get Mace up to 5 stars then go back to GS. Stick with Eeth to 5 stars and then go back to whomever you were farming there, too. That way you'd get Yoda, see if you want to star him up at that time and then decide where to take your team.
    This seems like a solid idea. I could easily have 5* Mace and Koth inside the first round of the challenge also, assuming it lasts for a week.
    I like having more characters to try different strategies with so that's what I'll be doing, too. My GS is also at 5 stars and I do wish I could keep farming him, but I just have to have Yoda. Once I get Yoda I'll likely go back to GS and finish him out and then star up Mace and JC.

• Bad or good I will have yoda because he's... Well he's just yoda!
  • Dario wrote: »
    Bad or good I will have yoda because he's... Well he's just yoda!

I agree
  • Dario wrote: »
    Bad or good I will have yoda because he's... Well he's just yoda!

Exactly and I will be my godson's hero as that is his favorite character
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Ive made the mental debate and I'm doing it. I've always done well in arena and if this temporarily hurts me, oh well. As long as I continue to get 800 arena shards im ok with it. This will also improve my GW roster... And we'll, YODA