What would n Emperor Palpatine toon powers and affinities be?

I mean the black-robed emperor from Ep. IV-VI, not that jumping jack Darth Sidious we have now.

I would have it not use a lightsaber at all, like in the movies.

Affinities: Empire, Sith, Support

Force Lightning (Basic Attack): Not a clone of Dooku's lightning though, but still having a chance to stun.

Dark Side Harrowing(Special): AoE causing positive buffs to become negative, OR buff immunity if no buffs present. Leader skills have their effect reversed into a negative one.

Imperial March (Leader, Passive): small chance at removing a small amount of turn meter on a successful attack of any ally.

Bodyguards (unique, passive): A soft-stealth where it can't be directly targeted if there are other allies alive, except if it's stunned or exposed.

If you think those powers don't fit the character, please comment!

Replies

• Options
    I'm really not a fan of releasing different versions of the same character while we are still waiting for so many other iconic ones. However, for the sake of the discussion...

Force lightning, instead of stunning could drop turn meter back to 0.

Dark side Harrowing = too complicated to apply. What is the negative of taunt? Attack immunities?

Imperial March... if it is a march, let'S be literal here. Everytime an Empire ally attacks, the turn meter of another random Empire ally is raised by 30%

Bodyguards... I would go with something like, when targeted by an attack, x% chance that another random ally gets targeted instead.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    His abilities are already set.
  • Ellindar
    5 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Emperor would have a force lightning aoe special or he's junk!
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You face the emperor in some battle(s) he has singular force lightning attack (might be his basic) and then seems to have some AoE debuff powers. The empire will be a very AoE type team as him, Vader, tarkin and veers all have aoe

And he has no lightsaber
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »

Dont be so sure about that. PVE dudes change. Player's Mace Windu dont have Shatterpoint
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    You face the emperor in some battle(s) he has singular force lightning attack (might be his basic) and then seems to have some AoE debuff powers. The empire will be a very AoE type team as him, Vader, tarkin and veers all have aoe

And he has no lightsaber

You forgot Snowtrooper, who has the strongest Empire AOE
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Triqui wrote: »

Dont be so sure about that. PVE dudes change. Player's Mace Windu dont have Shatterpoint

His abilities were datamined like Yoda's were. While they obviously could change, the fact that yoda was released exactly as expected indicates that we will probably get what's in the mined data.
  • Options
    On light side 7 hard mode his auto attack can stun.
  • Options

His abilities were datamined like Yoda's were. While they obviously could change, the fact that yoda was released exactly as expected indicates that we will probably get what's in the mined data.

Yep, this man speaks the truth.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

Fine then. Could you give us a briefing :)
  • Options
    He's already in the game as a PvE boss.
    His basic is force lightning which has a chance to stun and his special is offense up buff to all allies.
    24zadxe.png

4utpww.png
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Emperor Palpatine
    • Stun-based Attacker with death-fueled Turn Meter and Health Fill
    • Dark, Sith, Empire, Support
    • Relentless Assault
      Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 30% chance to gain 40% Turn Meter.
    • Force Lightning
      Deal Special damage to target enemy with a moderate chance to Stun. There is a small chance of reducing the Health of any target stunned in this way by 50%.
    • Inspires Anger
      Increase damage by a moderate amount on all allies for 2 rounds.
    • Sith Master
      Provides a high Turn Meter bonus to Sith characters.
    • Legendary Dark Side Power
      For each character killed on either side, increase Turn Meter of all friendly characters by a small amount and heal 25% of Max HP on self.
  • Options
    He's Sith and Empire, just like Vader, not a big fan of this.

Run him with Sid, Vader and Dooku and its game over for everyone
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    I say he has health drain.. 50% health drop of enemy and 50% boost to self
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome. I hope he is not the shard shop exclusive
  • Options

This
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

I bet the shard shop exclusive is either Jedi Luke or scoundrel Han or it will be the way to fully unlock Vader

Emperor might be the next BIG reward for an event for Sith and empire heroes, but that won't be the next event.
  • LoveLoveRice
    182 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Would make sense release Palp and Yoda together. Empire characters are harder to get, Veers is by Nodes Tarkin the (speed leader) is chromium only. Storm trooper is in Cantina, Royal Guard is Nodes, and Vader is Achievements. IF any Character should be exclusive, it should be Palp, no real way for FTP to make an empire team anyway. If they made Grievs Shard shop exclusive too many people would rage.

Forgot to add SnowTrooper who has 1 node.

My guess its Rex or someone like that.
  • Options

Would make sense release Palp and Yoda together. Empire characters are harder to get, Veers is by Nodes Tarkin the (speed leader) is chromium only. Storm trooper is in Cantina, Royal Guard is Nodes, and Vader is Achievements. IF any Character should be exclusive, it should be Palp, no real way for FTP to make an empire team anyway. If they made Grievs Shard shop exclusive too many people would rage.

While the emperor is in both empire and sith, if the above is correct his skill synergies are for a sith team not an empire team, which is a shame
  • Options

While the emperor is in both empire and sith, if the above is correct his skill synergies are for a sith team not an empire team, which is a shame

What is the Empire synergy?? AOES. My long winded point is what is the FTP empire team? It doesnt exist and should add him exclusive since FTP really wont be missing out on anything.
  • Options
    He should have a turn to the dark side attack, something like the character starts attacking his own team
  • Options

What is the Empire synergy?? AOES. My long winded point is what is the FTP empire team? It doesnt exist and should add him exclusive since FTP really wont be missing out on anything.

I don't disagree with you, but his one skill if for Sith characters so I am assuming he will run with a Sith team, which needs help and does have some farmable characters
  • Options

I don't disagree with you, but his one skill if for Sith characters so I am assuming he will run with a Sith team, which needs help and does have some farmable characters

Those arent necessarily his abilities. I do see your point though.