Why is Rex even a pilot?

I never saw him pilot any ships. Makes no sense.

Replies

• Options
    Because the devs don't know who to give ships to so they select random toons who might make sense to have starfighters as opposed to the toons who really do. E.g. JKA, Nute Gunray, GG, Zam Wessel and others
  • Options
    Because of reasons :p
  • Options
    It's science. No other logical reason.
    Rex has a ship in the game, and not in any of the movies, or cartoons. It's because science.
    I 'd love to be a Jedi... But I sure as hell would use the dark side too...
  • Options
    Meanwhile JKA...one of the, if not the, the best pilot ever, is still waiting.......
  • Options
    I never saw jedi.consular fly a starship either, or clone sarge, geonosian soldier/spy. Did fun sac fly? I didnt play that game. Bistain? Wasnt he just a gunner? Nothing about the ships make sense. Just go with it, earn the rewards.
  • Matke
    56 posts Member
    Options
    The same reason chaze is ultimate end game. Don't search for logic in the constelation of things in this game.
  • Level_Padawan
    225 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Are you kidding me?

We're fighting separatists with resistance and ewoks..
    Azureboldt wrote: »
    Meanwhile JKA...one of the, if not the, the best pilot ever, is still waiting.......

And THIS is so true
  • Options
    In TCW cartoon, he and CC Cody go to the RIshi Moon in Rex's ship to introduce themselves to "Fives", "Echo", and some other clones stationed there. He actually does have a ship in the series
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    In TCW cartoon, he and CC Cody go to the RIshi Moon in Rex's ship to introduce themselves to "Fives", "Echo", and some other clones stationed there. He actually does have a ship in the series

Yeah but that was a shuttle. Meanwhile, in game, Rex pilots an ARC 170 Star fighter, which is waaaay faster and maneuverable than than a shuttle. Also the arc 170 has a crew of 3... logic.
    Another thing, if we're going by you're logic, why didn't Rex and Cody pilot their own ship? Ugh. Who am I kidding. We have a blind guy and some fatty with a machine gun beating Sith Lords in this game. What ever
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options
    I think Shoretrooper and Deathtrooper's situation is even weirder, I remember people debating about TFP getting Imperial Trooper tag, and some, rightfully so, corrected them stating that Troopers are ground soldiers, while pilots are pilots, but I don't remember anyone asking why Shoretropper and Deathtrooper were also piloting a ship.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me?

And THIS is so true

Hes doing pod racing practice
  • Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Are you kidding me?

And THIS is so true

Hes doing pod racing practice

Now this is pod racing!

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Because it's a video game that exists INSIDE the fictional Star Wars universe.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Because it's a video game that exists INSIDE the fictional Star Wars universe.

37801765.jpg
  • Options
    Georgemi6 wrote: »

Yeah but that was a shuttle. Meanwhile, in game, Rex pilots an ARC 170 Star fighter, which is waaaay faster and maneuverable than than a shuttle. Also the arc 170 has a crew of 3... logic.
    Another thing, if we're going by you're logic, why didn't Rex and Cody pilot their own ship? Ugh. Who am I kidding. We have a blind guy and some fatty with a machine gun beating Sith Lords in this game. What ever

Oh dang, I swear I thought it was an ARC 170... I apologize, I will have to rewatch the episode now haha
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Its so funny anakin was considered one of, if not THE best pilot yet he isnt in a ship. Its also kinda sad.
  • Options
    Who cares really. If they go by what most posts here seem to reflect, then Palpatine should never loose any battle to anyone ever. That'd be fun.
  • Krovv3n
    71 posts Member
    Options

Rex stole the ship in one of those episodes.
  • Options
    Yeah, the umbaran ship was an enemy ship that Rex and another clone stole and used in a couple of episodes. They didn't exactly pilot it very gracefully if my memory serves me correctly.
  • Options
    Boreas wrote: »
    I think Shoretrooper and Deathtrooper's situation is even weirder, I remember people debating about TFP getting Imperial Trooper tag, and some, rightfully so, corrected them stating that Troopers are ground soldiers, while pilots are pilots, but I don't remember anyone asking why Shoretropper and Deathtrooper were also piloting a ship.

Good point!

Even more annoying is the fact that you can't even farm their ship that they arguably shouldn't even be pilots of.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Boreas wrote: »

Good point!

Even more annoying is the fact that you can't even farm their ship that they arguably shouldn't even be pilots of.

I mean they totally missed out on Krennic and Death Trooper in Krennic's shuttle which makes sense.
    Still wouldnt be farmable but still.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, the umbaran ship was an enemy ship that Rex and another clone stole and used in a couple of episodes. They didn't exactly pilot it very gracefully if my memory serves me correctly.

Actually that was fives, hardcase, and Jessie that stole the umbaran starfighter. Rex never flew them.
  • Options
    Far fetched reason here:
    In story mode of original battlefront 2 Rex is the narrator for the saga of the 501st, in that game he states that the 501st were drafted into ship battles bc not enough pilot clones were available.
    Far fetched but in line with Rex and sarge having an arc.
  • Options
    The Devs miss opportunities to put truly amazing characters into the game in favor of non-canon EA MMO toons. I am surprised Disney did not check them on Jedi Consular, Sith Warrior, Darth Nil and others.

Anakin should be a pilot. Gen Kenobi should be a pilot, and they should have added Oddball. Definitely need more capital ships for separatists and First order. I'd also like to see more Imperials like Piett, Ozzel, Tagge, Wolfe, and others added.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Holotables it's fake