Fleet neglect and ship cadence

Keaven
1099 posts Member
edited June 2017
I was pleasantly surprised when CG actually made a plan regarding character release pacing of shard farming locations, but ship blueprints were not mentioned, and are clearly not falling under the same cadence.

It's been so long since Cassian's U-Wing was added to the game for example, and after the withdrawn tournament, if ships are not going to be farmable for so long it would be more comforting to at least know there was a plan and what the timing will be.

It just seems like there hasn't been any thought put into ship cadence, which is even more helpful to know considering the amount of time and resources that need to go into them having to upgrade both the ship and crew members.

Options in fleet battles are so slim at the moment it makes not knowing even more annoying.

I imagine there is plans for fleet raids such as Death Star trench run ect, it would be good to have at least enough ships to finish the achievements to speed this along.
Profile: Keaven
Guild: Fear The Boot
Post edited by Keaven on

Replies

• Words heard uttered at CG Studios on a daily basis, "We have ships, oh WOW."
  • Dameron
    38 posts Member
    Even F2P I've managed to 7* and max level Jyn, Cassian, and K-2 since they became farmable. Its been a looong time. And it would be nice to be able to get the U-wing now.
  • Chewychuck
    92 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Dameron - if you have an I-phone, I'd be impressed. Alas, my k-2 is still at zero shards. No, I'm not bitter.
  • Chewychuck wrote: »
    Dameron - if you have an I-phone, I'd be impressed. Alas, my k-2 is still at zero shards. No, I'm not bitter.

He's a super easy gw farm, don't need too much to get him
  • Chewychuck wrote: »

He's been in the easiest to farm location for a long time now. 7-starring him shouldn't have been hard. I'm on iPhone by the way.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They did add a section at the bottom of the release cadence that said ships will follow the same general guide.

the main problem is that most ships were brought into the game before the cadence was a thing so they do not fall into its guided release system.

they need to do something about the state of the game. its getting stale and ships are the point of the sword on that front. they need more ships and something additional, raid or even a table
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    ++++++1
    No edge in ships anymore, all the ftp players have all caught up by now. Need a raid, new capital ship that also unlock some new areas like the first 3 did. Stuff like that would be great.
  • I completely agree with the OP.

Ships needs some love, it's a very shallow game mode.
  • +1
  • +1

The 'hardware' section has been listed as coming soon. EA really dropped the ball.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    They did add a section at the bottom of the release cadence that said ships will follow the same general guide.

the main problem is that most ships were brought into the game before the cadence was a thing so they do not fall into its guided release system.

they need to do something about the state of the game. its getting stale and ships are the point of the sword on that front. they need more ships and something additional, raid or even a table
    If ships were following the same cadence we should be able to farm the phoenix ships as they were released at the same time as the heroes. Meanwhile not only has Cassian's ship been unobtainable for too long, there's been no dev comments about it.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Arkham
    275 posts Member
    +1
    Enthusiast of undervalued toons, general dismisser of trends,
    https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/, A Team
  • 100%
    Love ships and its a shame that it doesn't get attention.
    I 'd love to be a Jedi... But I sure as hell would use the dark side too...