The way to release Revan according to me

I believe that when Revan (inevitably) drops, he should have both dark side and light side tags, along with both sith and jedi tag. This is because he is supposed to have the purest connection to the force and being both savior and conqueror. Also if anyone mentions, the "character can have tags only from a specific point in time" rule is no longer in effect (chewie has both galactic Republic and scoundrel tags)

The other, less cooler way to do it would be to have two different versions of him, dark side version being Darth Revan, light side version being Prodigal Knight Revan. But doing it this way is a serious waste of opportunity imo.

Replies

• Revi
    573 posts Member
    Interesting idea but hard to see a Jedi who would later become a dark lord of the sith having both tags at the same time.
  • +1 to the concept, but I'd take it even a step further.
    Since his actions are what really defined who he was, have his kit reflect that. Have his unique make him more powerful with either the dark or the light the more you use his either dark or light abilities. Further, give each of his abilities either a light or a dark affiliation. Each encounter, you can play him as either dark or light to have him function more as an attacker, or a support.

For example, a special ability could looks like this:
    Master Speed / Force Storm
    Target Ally and all other allies gain frenzy and speed up for 2 turns and Reven gains 1 light side point OR deal special damage to target enemy and all enemies and inflict shock with a 70% chance to inflict speed down and Reven gains 1 dark side point.

Then his unique could grant him bonus tm or buffs if he uses abilities that align with his actions. (This would roughly equate to +/- force points cost for using abilities in KOTOR)

Something like:
    Knight of the Republic
    At the end of each turn, Reven gains 10% bonus turn meter for his net total of dark or light side points. These points will add or subtract from a net total, up to +/-5.
  • You guys forget that Revan was a she! I always think she's a he though because that's how I played KOTOR. (Playing KOTOR now raiding sith base)
  • That could be a cool feature if they released Reven.. Character customization!
  • floppytechie
    125 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    janmanaura wrote: »
    You guys forget that Revan was a she! I always think she's a he though because that's how I played KOTOR. (Playing KOTOR now raiding sith base)

Nope, Revan is canonically a male. You are probably thinking of The Exile, who's a female

Edit : nice, im currently in tatooine, solving canderous's mission
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Why dont anakin, vader, kylo ren, and dooku have both light and dark tags if revan gets both?
  • floppytechie
    125 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Why dont anakin, vader, kylo ren, and dooku have both light and dark tags if revan gets both?

because none of them were as attuned to both sides of the force as he was. He had the purest connection to the force and could use both in combat without significantly committing to either side. That literally was his specialty
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    janmanaura wrote: »
    You guys forget that Revan was a she! I always think she's a he though because that's how I played KOTOR. (Playing KOTOR now raiding sith base)

Nope, Revan is canonically a male. You are probably thinking of The Exile, who's a female

Edit : nice, im currently in tatooine, solving canderous's mission

Agreed. It's lore that Revan and Bastila have children. I don't believe they had artificial insemination, despite being a more advanced society back then. Revan was a man.

To OP: Revan can't have both tags since he wasn't a Jedi and a Sith at the same time. He can only be released (if staying true to the story) as two separate characters. Hopefully a Jedi with Basitla Shan synergies, and a Sith lord.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Omeah wrote: »

because none of them were as attuned to both sides of the force as he was. He had the purest connection to the force and could use both in combat without significantly committing to either side. That literally was his specialty

That was only in TOR and majority of that community agreed they ruined Revan. In KOTOR, he was either side, but not both

I agree that they didn't due his story justice, but I don't think the majority of the community shares these feelings. I would settle for a Jedi Revan with Dark Side abilities mixed in or a Sith Revan with healing abilities. He just can't retain both tags.
  • floppytechie
    125 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    to everyone saying he wasn't both sith and jedi at the same time so can't have both tags, i present to you..... R2D2!

He has a bunch of tags like galactic Republic, rebels and resistance, but he wasn't all 3 ever at the same time. This proves that the rule is no longer that important
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    to everyone saying he wasn't both sith and jedi at the same time so can't have both tags, i present to you..... R2D2!

He has a bunch of tags like galactic Republic, rebels and resistance, but he wasn't all 3 ever at the same time. This proves that the rule is no longer that important

It's been explained by the devs, that R2 doesn't age. He is a robot, who goes through no character development and doesn't change at all over the entire course of his existence.

Revan ages. Revan changes over time and goes from Jedi to Sith. R2 performs the exact same way he was originally programmed to since the day he was created.. You can't argue that R2 is in any way similar to Revan.
  • floppytechie
    125 posts Member
    edited June 2017

That was only in TOR and majority of that community agreed they ruined Revan. In KOTOR, he was either side, but not both

well, if you consider game mechanics, in Kotor you could choose a dark side power while being completely lightside. You could still use jt, it would just require more force points than normal. No other game characters in star wars does this except the exile. So you could argue he could use both sides quite well.

Also his purity was also mentioned in some books that were canon before Disney
  • ExarTheKun wrote: »

It's been explained by the devs, that R2 doesn't age. He is a robot, who goes through no character development and doesn't change at all over the entire course of his existence.

Revan ages. Revan changes over time and goes from Jedi to Sith. R2 performs the exact same way he was originally programmed to since the day he was created.. You can't argue that R2 is in any way similar to Revan.

ok, well, what about chewie then? Galactic Republic and scoundrel at the same time
  • Another way to do this is have a unique that boosts a dark team and another that boosts a light team, but are invalid or weaken each other should the team be mixed to prevent stacking the uniques?
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    ExarTheKun wrote: »

ok, well, what about chewie then? Galactic Republic and scoundrel at the same time

Chewbacca was still a smuggler during the clone wars...
  • Omeah wrote: »
    Revan never was both Jedi and Sith and the same time. They should give us 2 different characters

To quote Obi Wan "Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
    Revan had a unique view of the force, that there was not necessarily a lightside or darkside. There was just The Force, and once he got all of his memories back he was able use both light side and darkside powers of the force with tremendous force behind them. He was actually forced out of the Jedi order for wanting to teach the principal of a single force without a lightside or darkside.
  • janmanaura wrote: »

Sorry legends lore Revan is a man.

Chewbacca was still a smuggler during the clone wars...

Really please present your evidence to support your claim.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    So he does lightside and darkside stuff? The Jedi probably wouldn't accept someone that does Sith stuff and vice versa for the Sith, maybe he should get neither tag?

Actually Revan was a Jedi, then a Sith, the a Jedi again, then an exiled Jedi. Now to say that artoo preforms the same way he did the day he was created is a load of bull if you now go off of the legends information. I haven't seen anything in the new cannon to dispute this information so I'm going to say that it is still accurate. It was a very common practice to have the memory wiped of droids in the star wars universe one of the many reasons for this was because after an extended period of time droids would for lack of a better term start to exhibit changes within there personalities. Which is why r2 and c3po acted they way they did in the movies was because they went for long without memory wipes.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    DarthTaral wrote: »
    Revan never was both Jedi and Sith and the same time. They should give us 2 different characters

To quote Obi Wan "Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
    Revan had a unique view of the force, that there was not necessarily a lightside or darkside. There was just The Force, and once he got all of his memories back he was able use both light side and darkside powers of the force with tremendous force behind them. He was actually forced out of the Jedi order for wanting to teach the principal of a single force without a lightside or darkside.

To quote Revan confronting his attackers at the battle of the Foundry, "You've never fought anyone like me. I was Sith. I am Jedi!"

Despite being able to wield both dark and light side force powers, Revan himself was of obvious alignment even during his most difficult times of transition. If they want to create a character that is true to the stroy line, without overlapping time specific persuasion, then he can be either Jedi or Sith. But not both.

Edit: I'd like to point out that this is in reference to the time zone you are mentioning. There was no point in time where Revan was both both Jedi and Sith, despite the KOTOR games allowing you to make that determination. His true story remains the same.
  • Problem solved he should have a Exiled Force User tag, and he can have synergies with either Sith or Jedi.
    Edit: I'd like to point out that this is in reference to the time zone you are mentioning. There was no point in time where Revan was both both Jedi and Sith, despite the KOTOR games allowing you to make that determination. His true story remains the same.

Ok but here lies the problem with your argument I agree that he was never at anyone point in time a Jedi and Sith at the exact same time. However if you want to remain true to his story you would have to go with what he himself believed to be true about the force, and that is that there is no lightside or darkside just the force. Which is why I suggest a whole new tag be created, but give him synergies with both darkside force users, and lightside force users.
  • In the Eu, there were several Jedi that used both light and dark side powers at the same time. Jason solo/ Darth caedus. Jiana solo, grandmaster Luke. I believe from the trailer that Luke is heading down the same story. Kylo ren seems to be Jason solo.

As much as I love Darth revan, I would rather see Darth Caedus because of the reasons of the Op. Using both sides of the force. I hope they do one of them

• SharkMilkk
    153 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Honestly? They could just make him an attacker and give him a unique that he gains % bonuses based on his allies. Like for every dark side ally he gets +5% offence and for every light side ally he gets 5 speed or something.

Thrawn has an attack that works differently for raids so maybe they could do that for him on his attacks too? Like if he has more dark side allies than light he uses force storm but if he has more light side, then he uses an offence up or something on all allies!!
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    I really hope they never add Revan, to make him true to his power he should be able to solo Arenas and Raids. If they did him right he'd be way to OP, if they balanced him, then they'd screw up his character. Leave him out and give us Malak, Bastila, Mission, the evil wookie, the handmaiden, that blind chick, and/or Kreia (not that I like most of them, they are just better choices and the ones I can remember off the top of my head).
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    DarthTaral wrote: »

Ok but here lies the problem with your argument I agree that he was never at anyone point in time a Jedi and Sith at the exact same time. However if you want to remain true to his story you would have to go with what he himself believed to be true about the force, and that is that there is no lightside or darkside just the force. Which is why I suggest a whole new tag be created, but give him synergies with both darkside force users, and lightside force users.

I understand that this particular Revan is your favorite, however, anyone who played the games and/or read any of the books Revan is in, knows that there is limited content about his time as neither Jedi or Sith. His major battles and decisions are focused around his time spent as either Jedi or Sith. You would be bringing in a character that isn't nearly as vital to the story line, simply because you want a new tag.

If they did go this route, then Revan couldn't have any synergies with the characters from any of the video games. Which would be pretty upsetting to me and I'm sure many others. He would also not be able to recieve Jedi or Sith specific bonuses in the game. He wouldn't even recieve blanket bonuses like R2s Light Side specific cleanse. It would be rather bland not to have such synergies with popular characters and compositions.

The reason I suggest multiple versions of Revan, is because he can recieve and provide bonuses to his aligned allies. It would make him a more prevalent character in SWGOH. The Light Side vs Dark Side theme really works. I wouldn't want to blur it any more than it already has been.
    I understand that this particular Revan is your favorite, however, anyone who played the games and/or read any of the books Revan is in, knows that there is limited content about his time as neither Jedi or Sith. His major battles and decisions are focused around his time spent as either Jedi or Sith. You would be bringing in a character that isn't nearly as vital to the story line, simply because you want a new tag.

Ok I need some help cause you have confused me. 1st there is only one Revan in the whole of the starwars universe. So I'm not sure what you mean when you say "I understand that this particular Revan is your favorite," there is only one. You can not get metaphysical with a fictional character. So there is not a different Revan for when he was a sith and a different Revan for when he was a Jedi.

Also I don't want a new tag I simply suggested a new tag cause of people like you who insist that he can not have both a Jedi and Sith tag cause he wasn't both at the same time. We already have enough toons in the game with multiple interation of themselfs we don't need another. So either create a new tag that will give him the synergy that the character deserves or give him multiple tags that already exist. But for God sakes leave it as one character.