Chewie vs Han

Who is the better long term tank? I don't have Han yet but I'm about half way to unlocking him. I'm at a point where I either invest in chewie or need to focus on Han. Not even sure if tanks are viable at later stages really.

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Han in Arena, Chewie for GW. Han ussually dies but win you the match. That's good in Arena only
  • Triqui wrote: »
    Han in Arena, Chewie for GW. Han ussually dies but win you the match. That's good in Arena only

Also Han is rebel and chewie scoundrel with there current holo cards, so if you want a rebel team go with Han, scoundrel go with chewie
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Things are getting all shook up right now with all of the changes, but Han seems like a much better choice than Chewie. He's faster, does more damage and has more turn meter manipulation. Chewie has more health, but that's about it. Hopefully with Han the extra turn meter will get you to a heal before he dies.
  • Han + Ackbar lead.
  • fungushnitzel
    196 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    If you suffer through the long slow road of farming chewie up beyond what most people have he becomes a very viable tank. Once his main attack is at level 5, and his rage and roar are both at level 6 he's pretty darn good. One of the best meatshields in the game.

Not long ago someone posted here and in reddit regarding a FTP squad they built composed of Chewie, Greedo, Daka, Luminara, and Sidious that they actually managed to reach the #1 rank with in their server.

Han on the other hand is quite squishy but his turn meter manipulation is off the charts. Now that speed leadership works in turn 1 in the arena, rebel teams with Ackbar at lead, Han, Leia, Biggs and another will start rising to the top of the ranks, I'm sure. If you surround him with powerful characters and perhaps a fast healer, Han will pay instant dividends in the arena. He won't be much use to you in GW, though, like Triqui said.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    If you suffer through the long slow road of farming chewie up beyond what most people have he becomes a very viable tank. Once his main attack is at level 5, and his rage and roar are both at level 6 he's pretty darn good. One of the best meatshields in the game.

Not long ago someone posted here and in reddit regarding a FTP squad they built composed of Chewie, Greedo, Daka and a couple others that they actually managed to reach the #1 rank with in their server.

Han on the other hand is quite squishy but his turn meter manipulation is off the charts. Now that speed leadership works in turn 1 in the arena, rebel teams with Ackbar at lead, Han, Leia, Biggs and another will start rising to the top of the ranks, I'm sure. If you surround him with powerful characters and perhaps a fast healer, Han will pay instant dividends in the arena. He won't be much use to you in GW, though, like Triqui said.

Hoth Rebel scout is a tick7 bazooka with Ackbar Lead.I would pick HRS over Biggs. I will add a healer for Han. Maybe Barris, as she is the best single tsrget healer.
  • Much to consider but it sounds like if done right tanks are still very viable.