Thrawn event squad requirements [dev response]

Prev1
WildGrunt
1230 posts Member
edited June 2017
We will be needing 5 out of the 6 Phoneix characters for Thrawn event, right?
Not all of the 6?

I know it's always 5 but rumors have gone through the roof today
Post edited by Vampire_X on

Replies

• everyone just hopes that it's only 5.. so it's a gamble!

what rumors are you talking about?
    did i miss something?
  • It's 5, where does this 6 toons idea even come from? You've had 3 Legendary events so far, which one uses more than 5 toons?
  • CapGaSP
    313 posts Member
    Just 5. It's a legendary event.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    It's 5, where does this 6 toons idea even come from? You've had 3 Legendary events so far, which one uses more than 5 toons?

It's already been noted that the bonus tier of the flash event requires Hera, Sabine, Ezra, Kanan, and Zeb. You are given an event Chopper, so if Chopper if your 5th you can't do it. This was mentioned as a bug that should be fixed this week, however it fueled the fears of some who don't have Sabine that she will be required for Thrawn.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »

Thank you.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member

The real question is whether you can beat Tier 7 without Sabine. :#
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    KyloRey wrote: »

Yes.
  • @CG_CapGaSP : Thanks for the confirmation! Any idea when the flash event bonus tier bug is going to be fixed?
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member

Doubt it.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • scuba
    14040 posts Member
    edited June 2017

But which 5 are needed? Flash only requires 5 of 6 but a specific 5
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

But which 5 are needed?

Any 5. The bug with the flash event is making people paranoid.
  • bolobaby
    275 posts Member

I would argue that she's not even the best Phoenix toon - Ezra is.
  • scuba
    14040 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »

But which 5 are needed?

Any 5. The bug with the flash event is making people paranoid.

Yet they haven't expanded on what part of it is bugged.
    Is the fix going to change the text to require all but chopper and remove him from required units.
    or
    are they going to allow you to use any 5 and give the other as event unit
    or
    are they going to allow you to enter battle with just 4 of your own characters and 1 event unit.

It is definitely bugged but how?

Look at the reponse of "DN force drain is bugged and will be fixed in a future update" many jumped on that meaning it would be changed to resistable yet the bug was the text was incorrect.

With Vague answers I assume nothing.

I always figured the event would require only 5 of the 6 however every event requiring phoenix they have pushed an event unit on you.
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    Thanks for the reply. Word is thrawn event will run for 7 days. (Presumably Thursday-Wednesday). Would it be possible to have it run through both weekends? (Thursday - Sunday night, so 10 days).

Weekend availability is really important for folks with day jobs and it would be a great nod to the balance players have to keep with real life.
  • Faroer wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Word is thrawn event will run for 7 days. (Presumably Thursday-Wednesday). Would it be possible to have it run through both weekends? (Thursday - Sunday night, so 10 days).

Weekend availability is really important for folks with day jobs and it would be a great nod to the balance players have to keep with real life.
    Good call, @Faroer, +1 :)

• Faroer
    246 posts Member
    Or even keep it shorter and delay the start by a couple days so it runs Saturday through Sunday the next week. That would work too in the case that keeping the event to fewer days is important to ea for some reason.
  • Noataq
    176 posts Member
    Hope 5* gear 7 cuts it for a 5* thrawn because I'm not looking to waste resources on the Phoenix squad.
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    Appreciated the response!
  • CapGaSP
    313 posts Member

It just requires the Phoenix "faction", so any 5 of the available 6 will suffice. I tested the event with all kinds of configurations. The only character you must have is Hera as the leader for obvious reasons.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • CG_CapGaSP wrote: »

It just requires the Phoenix "faction", so any 5 of the available 6 will suffice. I tested the event with all kinds of configurations. The only character you must have is Hera as the leader for obvious reasons.

thank you for the update. we really appreciate the info. can a 7* thrawn be acquired from G8 characters or will they need to be geared higher?

What gear lvls are we talking about?
  • scuba
    14040 posts Member

Thank you for the follow up!
  • The bug with the flash event has been fixed But it was never originally intended to allow you to use Chopper, so that hasn't changed. The bug was that it was telling you that you could do it when you couldn't.

Clear response. Thanks.
  • jsm21
    24 posts Member

I may be nitpicking but this is confusing, especially the second part. Is Hera required? I could always submit a team without a leader ability, there is nothing illegal about that.
  • jsm21 wrote: »

I may be nitpicking but this is confusing, especially the second part. Is Hera required? I could always submit a team without a leader ability, there is nothing illegal about that.
    Not illegal, but you'd be doing yourself a disservice by not using Hera as the leader. I'm assuming you know that Hera's leader ability is for Phoenix to share their uniques with each other?
  • jsm21
    24 posts Member
    jsm21 wrote: »

Not illegal, but you'd be doing yourself a disservice by not using Hera as the leader. I'm assuming you know that Hera's leader ability is for Phoenix to share their uniques with each other?

Yes I do, just poor wording with "any 5 of the available 6" but then "the only character you must have is Hera". I have 5* Hera but I am sure someone else doesn't.
  • jsm21 wrote: »
    jsm21 wrote: »

Yes I do, just poor wording with "any 5 of the available 6" but then "the only character you must have is Hera". I have 5* Hera but I am sure someone else doesn't.
    That's fair. But I think he meant it in a "tongue-in-cheek" way. He should've put the little ;) emoji.