Shard Drop Rates

Since the patch there has been a considerable drop in character shards across the cantina and regular squad battles. I have already seen a gigantic thread from the general section alone about it. However I have been keeping very close track to my numbers since I am using many refreshes from money I have spent trying to 7* various Jedi toons in preperation for the Yoda event. I understand RNG I have also played since the launch and I am very aware of what the odds should be like for these drops from the hundreds of dollars I have already spent. Right now the odds are mathmatically proving there is a problem. In the 14 refreshes I have done in 24 hours since I updated I average 1 shard per 9 sims. Normally its much higher than that. This has been very consistent, and it needs to be looked at. At this point I feel like I just wasted a bunch of money on something I expected to help me get a 7* Yoda early. I will keep tracking my ratio but something needs to be done and I would love to get compensated but I don't expect that it will happen.

Replies

• Same issue here, 2 bariss shards over 24 hard battles and 5 purple gear from 42 tries.

Hope it gets fixed, yeah, compensation, I wish...
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    We did not change any drop rates with the latest update. Before this update I went 0/9 on JC shards myself, 2 days in a row! Next day I went 7/9 on Hard Modes, then on Cantina Battles received 8/12 attempts.

Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    We did not change any drop rates with the latest update. Before this update I went 0/9 on JC shards myself, 2 days in a row! Next day I went 7/9 on Hard Modes, then on Cantina Battles received 8/12 attempts.

I understand that they didn't change any drop rates or would do that intentionally. That doesn't rule this out as a bug that could have been caused by something else.
  • I'm totally with you on the drop rates. I've noticed a considerable difference. I can't get the gear or shards as often as I used to. If this is going to continue I'm done playing this game because I don't have the patience to farm things needed for character growth at this rate. As an example I've been trying to farm 50 MK VI for Lumi (purple gear) and it is taking balls longer than usual. I only have 6 after many many tries. What the poop yo
  • I noticed the same thing though I only did one refresh and thought I just had bad luck, getting 2 shards. So, yeah, about 20 tries with 2 shards is similar to what you guys are saying. Normally, it's much better.
    With all of the bugs that pop up with each update it could be very possibly be a bug so it's worth reporting.
  • Robobob wrote: »
    I noticed the same thing though I only did one refresh and thought I just had bad luck, getting 2 shards. So, yeah, about 20 tries with 2 shards is similar to what you guys are saying. Normally, it's much better.
    With all of the bugs that pop up with each update it could be very possibly be a bug so it's worth reporting.

Yeah that was my thought as well. I didn't want to try it until I had enough data to look at.