Am unable to target certain ships sometimes.

Mojavelandbaron
977 posts Member
edited June 2017
In Ships, I often run into the problem of not being able to tap the enemy ship I want to target if it's too close to another enemy ship. And no, it's not because it's stealthed or another ship is taunting.

Just now I got done with a ship battle and the ship I wanted to finish off couldn't be "tapped on" because it was partly obscured by another. I was forced to either attack the ship in front of it or the other one that was out on the far Left away from the two. This has been an ongoing problem since Ships was introduced.

Replies

• Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    The only thing you can do is get a bigger phone or tablet. Seriously
  • Options
    I've got an iPhone 6s like quite a few other people who play here. It's not THAT small.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I have this problem sometimes, and what works for me--some of those sometimes, anyway--is to target a different ship, THEN target the one I want.

It seems to happen when the ship in the middle has too many buffs and my capital ship takes its turn, the camera shifts and makes targeting the ship just behind the center ship difficult. For some reason tapping the ship to the left (my left) of the center ship will sometimes let me then target the one behind.

It's a real big issue with Endurance, since you want to target someone without Target Lock when it's your turn.

Also--Hey, did you know there's a bug report forum? You should post this there, they're more likely to see it then.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Ya they need to make the little picture in the corner able to toggle through the pilots.
  • Mojavelandbaron
    977 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    I have this problem sometimes, and what works for me--some of those sometimes, anyway--is to target a different ship, THEN target the one I want.

It seems to happen when the ship in the middle has too many buffs and my capital ship takes its turn, the camera shifts and makes targeting the ship just behind the center ship difficult. For some reason tapping the ship to the left (my left) of the center ship will sometimes let me then target the one behind.

It's a real big issue with Endurance, since you want to target someone without Target Lock when it's your turn.

Also--Hey, did you know there's a bug report forum? You should post this there, they're more likely to see it then.

Targeting a diff ship, then going back to the one I'm after has helped sometimes. But this time, the way they had the perspective toggled, the ship was so obscured by the other one, that it just wouldn't work.

I kinda wanted to bounce this off the general population to see who else was experiencing this, but I'll probably pay a visit to the Bug section, too.
  • Options
    I have had this problem a lot. Solved it with an iPad. Not ideal for everyone but it worked. If they would just make a better way to toggle targets it would be nice. But I have a feeling there is a lot more to address at the moment than ship targeting. Unfortunately.
  • Options
    I have this problem too.

I'm on an iPhone SE so quite a small screen but I'm not going to buy a bigger phone just to get over a problem like that.
  • Options
    Tobe_Train wrote: »
    I have this problem too.

I'm on an iPhone SE so quite a small screen but I'm not going to buy a bigger phone just to get over a problem like that.

+1. I played SWGOH on a tablet when I had Android, but since I restarted with an Apple account, it's been all on this iPhone. Even though it's a smaller screen, the scale seems the same to me, and the problem has only occured in Ships with its unique perspective toggle changing every 10 seconds. This is a fixable bug, IMHO.
  • Options
    Even on a tablet I've had this problem a few times.
  • Options
    Same problem. I have the big iPhone and it is always the second ship from the left, always in the back row.
  • Moggey
    30 posts Member
    Options
    Same problem here on iPhone 7+