Lazy Man’s Guide to Soloing the Rancor Phase 1 for players who can do more, but don’t wanna.

I’ve noticed a lot of guilds require you to limit damage or rotate who gets the top spot, and let’s face it, Soloing the Rancor or multiple phases of the Rancor can be a pain. Here’s a vid using zero niche characters (all of them are useful in other modes of play) to get the biggest bang for your time. Soloing the Rancor P1 with mostly crap mods:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kSc_gvfCpj0

Replies

• crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    Is that "mostly four-star mods," or "mostly [censored] mods?"
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    I get that you're trying to do it without "special" characters (though I would argue that Jyn is very useful in other modes of play), but if someone has Zader, they likely have Sid, which I think would be a better choice than R2. The boss got very close to enraged here, and you almost lost STHan, and this was just phase one.

But Teebo is an incredibly easy farm, and only needs g8 for this raid, and 0% potency when you have tenacity down. So if you have tfp and aren't using him in p3 tank with Teebo and Jyn...I mean, that's REALLY lazy if you don't want to farm Teebo.
  • Sid is awesome in the raids, as is Jyn. I think Jyn’s relative new introduction and her farming location make her less of a toon you’d just have lying around. Also Jyn will add time to your run since she doesn’t do much damage. The goal of the vid was to come up with a team, using relatively poor mods and toons just lying around to complete P1 in the shortest time possible.

Sid doesn’t do enough TMR or control damage in anyway, so you would need to add characters like Teebo and Jyn who will slow your time reduction. He also doesn’t do enough damage to replace either Boba or Vader for the sake of only Soloing P1. The goal was to put up 2m damage and be done. zSid could replace TFP, but I think the lack of Tenacity Down would result in less overall dots. Hard to tell. Either way, more people have TFP than zSid.
  • Nirokogaseru
    27 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Mods are roughly +50 speed per character– Vader has better mods.
  • If the goal is just to solo phase 1, just put teebo and wiggs in there and the three can solo it alone. Add rex/qgj and it is cake.
  • Tfp applies tenacity down? I use teebo, jyn,rex, baze, wedge. I've had good luck with said team although I've had to get teebo potency up to 70% to get it to work with any regularly. I don't have dengar stared enough since I rairly see him. I'm working on tfp(although been on hold for Phoenix) who would I sub out for tfp? I don't have any zeta toons yet since Im only lvl 78.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    If the goal is just to solo phase 1, just put teebo and wiggs in there and the three can solo it alone. Add rex/qgj and it is cake.

yea, good ol' wiggs does the job of clearing p1 pretty fast and relatively easy.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Part 2 does feature Wiggs. I don’t use Teebo because he does slow the team down. I have exactly five minutes between Arena battles to post damage on the Rancor, so Speed is definitely the focus of these team comps. This team is faster and more reliable than Wiggs+R2, TFP, and R2. Speed is the purpose. The best ROI on your real life time.
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    Sid is awesome in the raids, as is Jyn. I think Jyn’s relative new introduction and her farming location make her less of a toon you’d just have lying around. Also Jyn will add time to your run since she doesn’t do much damage. The goal of the vid was to come up with a team, using relatively poor mods and toons just lying around to complete P1 in the shortest time possible.

Sid doesn’t do enough TMR or control damage in anyway, so you would need to add characters like Teebo and Jyn who will slow your time reduction. He also doesn’t do enough damage to replace either Boba or Vader for the sake of only Soloing P1. The goal was to put up 2m damage and be done. zSid could replace TFP, but I think the lack of Tenacity Down would result in less overall dots. Hard to tell. Either way, more people have TFP than zSid.

Do people have 7* Zader and 7* R2 laying around? I posit that Jyn will actually subtract time from the run as you are not wastibg the time fighting the guards, which were called back twice in the video. With proper tmr, they won't come back at all. Plus she does do a reasonable amount of damage.

Sid doesn't need to be Zid for rancor, especially if you have t down. He does more tmr than R2 (who does none, and I'm still unsure of his roll in this lineup) and does a lot more damage, especially under Zader. The point is to lay down more dots quickly so Vader and Boba can do more damage earlier. Sidious is one of those characters that most beginners seem to go after right away in cantina. Meanwhile, altogether too many people don't realize the utility of tfp. But again, I would keep them both anyway, and replace R2, then STHan.
  • A. I don’t have Sid, and I know many players who also don’t. R2 and Vader are easily obtained for longtime players. This isn’t a my first Heroic Rancor team. I may do a video on that in the future. Mine was Teebo Lead, Wiggs, STH, and Akbar (back before Rex was farmable). Certainly not the best, but it got the job done.

B. R2 cleanses Deathmark and can cause in character to taunt.

C. With comprable mods (+50), this team is much faster than anything Teebo Lead with Jyn can do. It’s also more fun to play. I’m not really that into hitting the wall for five minutes. I like it when the enemies attack and I have to use taunts and Cleanse.

D. If you’re looking for doing a TMR team and Soloing the Rancor, I really like Nukin’s team: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6k-sfQIcBMA

My team is for the player who never wants to spend more than five minutes on the Rancor, but would still like to post a modest amount of damage.
  • A. I don’t have Sid, and I know many players who also don’t. R2 and Vader are easily obtained for longtime players. This isn’t a my first Heroic Rancor team. I may do a video on that in the future. Mine was Teebo Lead, Wiggs, STH, and Akbar (back before Rex was farmable). Certainly not the best, but it got the job done.

C. With comprable mods (+50), this team is much faster than anything Teebo Lead with Jyn can do. It’s also more fun to play. I’m not really that into hitting the wall for five minutes. I like it when the enemies attack and I have to use taunts and Cleanse.

D. If you’re looking for doing a TMR team and Soloing the Rancor, I really like Nukin’s team: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6k-sfQIcBMA

My team is for the player who never wants to spend more than five minutes on the Rancor, but would still like to post a modest amount of damage.

Heck yea. Now that's a good video @NukinFTW.
  • Can solo phase one with teebo, qgj, and any 3 other toons.
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    A. I don’t have Sid, and I know many players who also don’t. R2 and Vader are easily obtained for longtime players. This isn’t a my first Heroic Rancor team. I may do a video on that in the future. Mine was Teebo Lead, Wiggs, STH, and Akbar (back before Rex was farmable). Certainly not the best, but it got the job done.

Yes, long time players have R2, but also Rex, Teebo, Sidious, and maybe Jyn. In terms of time, I'm not saying a straight up old school tmr team. Any team with Zader will be faster. But it will be even faster if you are actually laying down more dots, and have tmr in there so you don't have to waste time fighting the side guards. You also don't need to worry about deathmark if the boss isn't taking turns. R2 here is really just triggering the 5% tm gain on the boss.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    A. I don’t have Sid, and I know many players who also don’t. R2 and Vader are easily obtained for longtime players. This isn’t a my first Heroic Rancor team. I may do a video on that in the future. Mine was Teebo Lead, Wiggs, STH, and Akbar (back before Rex was farmable). Certainly not the best, but it got the job done.

Yes, long time players have R2, but also Rex, Teebo, Sidious, and maybe Jyn. In terms of time, I'm not saying a straight up old school tmr team. Any team with Zader will be faster. But it will be even faster if you are actually laying down more dots, and have tmr in there so you don't have to waste time fighting the side guards. You also don't need to worry about deathmark if the boss isn't taking turns. R2 here is really just triggering the 5% tm gain on the boss.

Yes, R2 (and boba gives double on his double tap) does give the captain TM, and yes, Teebo, Sid (under zVader), and Jyn are great for TMR, but they are not faster in real time. Doing enough extra extra damage to make up for the time the adds and captain take using turns is an effective way to get P1 in under five minutes.

I do it because I have exactly five minutes between Arena matches and my guild’s raid times are when I’m doing my Arena battles, but it’s so much fun and Soloing the whole thing is so boring, I’ll probably still run this team after DST. Think of all that time you’ll get back if you can’t Solo the Rancor on auto, and you choose to give the Rancor no more than five minutes of your time. Could be awesome. Just saying.
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    crzydroid wrote: »

Yes, R2 (and boba gives double on his double tap) does give the captain TM, and yes, Teebo, Sid (under zVader), and Jyn are great for TMR, but they are not faster in real time. Doing enough extra extra damage to make up for the time the adds and captain take using turns is an effective way to get P1 in under five minutes.

I do it because I have exactly five minutes between Arena matches and my guild’s raid times are when I’m doing my Arena battles, but it’s so much fun and Soloing the whole thing is so boring, I’ll probably still run this team after DST. Think of all that time you’ll get back if you can’t Solo the Rancor on auto, and you choose to give the Rancor no more than five minutes of your time. Could be awesome. Just saying.

Ok, I think we were just coming from different places on the point of this team. Many people get bored with the same old rancor time after time, so it's awesome if you found a way to have fun.

I will try to time my next p1 run. Again, I'm not saying use Jyn INSTEAD of Zader, but WITH Zader, so I don't think it adds as much time as you are suggesting.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    If the goal is just to solo phase 1, just put teebo and wiggs in there and the three can solo it alone. Add rex/qgj and it is cake.

Yep, the classic set up. I still use G8 Teebo 70% potency to solo P1. Never needed to put more gear than that on him, and never will.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »

Ok, I think we were just coming from different places on the point of this team. Many people get bored with the same old rancor time after time, so it's awesome if you found a way to have fun.

I will try to time my next p1 run. Again, I'm not saying use Jyn INSTEAD of Zader, but WITH Zader, so I don't think it adds as much time as you are suggesting.

Jyn is an incredible toon for the Rancor. You can Solo the Rancor without Vader, but you can’t do it without Jyn. I can’t wait to here back about your time in P1. If you’re curious, the rules I created for myself on this team is that it had use all F2P accessible toons,and mods had to be set to +50 speed per toon. Thank you so much for your feedback. I really had fun discussing this with you, and I hope you enjoyed the video a little. You can certainly expect more off the wall, just why?, team comps in the future.
  • Winstar wrote: »

Yep, the classic set up. I still use G8 Teebo 70% potency to solo P1. Never needed to put more gear than that on him, and never will.

That was the first P1 Solo team I used! My next vid will be a Wiggs team without Teebo or any TMR. I have solo’d P1 with the team, but unfortunately the run I recorded didn’t quite make it. I had a lot of fun coming up with multiple teams that could Solo P1 in less than 5 minutes, used +50 speed per toon, and could Solo P1.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    I get why you would want to quickly clear P1 and get a score on the board instead of grinding through a long max-score attempt. But if that's your goal, why not just use TWiggs? They can clear P1 in well under 5 minutes, and no zetas or Legendary event characters needed.
  • Nirokogaseru
    27 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I love TWiggs!!!! However, with the same mods (given they’re also not my Arena toons), they do take longer. That is my next video. P1 speed run without a Zeta. No Teebo though.