Rey+ Finn Theory (Theory-Crafting)

Tman
257 posts Member
I thought of a pretty solid theory on who Rey and Finn are. There are two layers and I will start with the first.

Rey:
It seems hard to believe Beru and Owen never had a single kid. So I think they might have but he got lost somehow, hence Owen being so protective of Luke. The child survived and joined the Empire. The chiof would get married and have a daughter After ROTJ. When the Owen and Beru's child finds out that his daughter is force sensitive he takes her to Jedi academy. Luke and the parent realize they are cousins and keep in close contact. When the parent and his daughter are coming back from a vacation, the academy is attacked. Leaving the daughter on Jakku, the parent dies trying to save the academy. I think this covers all the bases with Rey being a relative of Skywalker family and being someone new.
Finn:
Finn is Luke's son who was about 3 when the academy was attacked. Kylo unable to kill his cousin takes Finn and enrolls him in the stormtrooper corp. This explains why Finn is force sensitive and also gives the Anikan Skywalker family another generation.
I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman

Replies

• USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    Uh... not really...

Rey is a Skywalker, Han & Leia's lost daughter...

Finn is Lando's son, lost him gambling...
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    Nah, Rey is a Kenobi. Think about it, she already can use Jedi mind tricks LIKE Obi-wan in the 4th movie
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Tman
    257 posts Member
    Options
    So does Luke in ROTJ (Bib Fortuna, I should know I watched 14 straight nights). And I'll shoot down the droid "fact" by saying Luke talks to R2 all the time.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    Tman wrote: »
    So does Luke in ROTJ (Bib Fortuna, I should know I watched 14 straight nights). And I'll shoot down the droid "fact" by saying Luke talks to R2 all the time.

What droid fact?
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options

Also where did he learn it from OBI-WAN KENOBI
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    How is Finn Luke's son?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    Also we don't know if finn is force sensitive because you don't need to be it to wield a lightsaber
  • Options
    USAmazing wrote: »
    Uh... not really...

I guess that was why Lando was mad at Han in EP5.
  • Tman
    257 posts Member
    Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Also we don't know if finn is force sensitive because you don't need to be it to wield a lightsaber

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rsisLD16CLk
    This just about clears that up
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options

It actually doesn't because he said, Theory, "Proof", and stated word for word that, "Although it has not been confirmed finn could totally not be force sensitive"
  • Options
    USAmazing wrote: »
    Uh... not really...

Yes, I think it is pretty obvious that Rey is the daughter of Han & Leia. The Force is strong in the Skywalker family, right? For whatever reason, Ben Solo abandoned Rey there on Jakku rather than straight murder her when he went all rogue (hey, he's not all bad). That's why he recognized her during the interrogation. But why didn't she recognize him? She was not that young when she was dumped on Jakku. Further, why did she not recognize Han Solo? Did she not know her own father? Why does Han not know who she is?

I'm afraid all of that will be explained away thusly: Han and Leia became estranged before Rey was born, so he never knew her. All Han knew is that Ben took her away, if that much. It's probable that Ben saved her from the slaughter of the rest of Luke's students, and that nobody but Ben ever knew where she went. When left in the care of Unkar Plutt, she was 3 or 4 years old and those memories fade easily in the harsh Jakku environment (how much do you remember from preschool?) Ben also changed a lot since then, so it would be difficult for Rey to know him at first sight. Plutt was undoubtedly threatened with great bodily harm should anything happen to young Rey, but after a decade of nobody coming to visit, those threats lost their power and he let her run off to take care of herself.
    latest?cb=20160416185508

If Rey is so Force-powerful, wouldn't she have recognized Kylo that way? Nah, because she did not know she was Force-sensitive until after he caught her. I mean, it took her almost 30 seconds to figure out how to do a mind probe, and a few more minutes to figure out mind tricks. If she could also immediately identify a long-lost brother simply through the Force, that would be too much. Besides, we need the big reveal in the next episode.

But wait, if she was at Luke's Jedi Academy when Kylo killed everyone, why would she think Luke was a myth? Easy. Luke was away when she arrived at the academy. Rey was probably left in the care of her big brother, who was planning to shoot up the school. Rey probably did not even understand why she was there, other than maybe it was time to start school. Unfortunately, Kylo made sure that school would not start that year.

Then there's the lightsaber. It "called" to her because her grandfather Anakin built it. That is the only explanation. I do not think it called to her in the sense that the weapon has a pseudo-conscience like a Harry Potter wand, but instead the Force had left a strong imprint on the device, having been used by both Anakin and Luke. The "call" was not so much an act of the device, but instead was Rey sensing the powerful Force imprint. We already know such imprints occur in the Star Wars universe (the cave on Dagobah).

Yep. There's no doubt, Rey is a Skywalker.
  • Tman
    257 posts Member
    Options
    That's a solid theory, and a good one. I was trying to think of a unique and new theory.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

I have seriously been considering that Fin is force sensitive - another point to make would be his ability to break free of the brain washing of the first order - while no other could.

Who is parents are is not really up for question as there are likely many force sensitives scattered throughout the galaxy that are unaware of their potential as such. Further more, Fin would, from what we've seen thus far, not be considered overly powerful, and therefore not necessary to completely explain an entire origin for Fin.

Rey on the other hand is a skywalker for sure - Luke's daughter, not Han & Leia's.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Rey must be a Skywalker - as the Skywalker bloodline was born from the force itself and is therefore the most powerful force weilders in the galaxy - how without this powerful lineage, how else was Rey able to: 1) resist Kylo's mind prob; 2) read kylo's mind in turn; grasp the force so quickly such as mind tricks; 3) hear the call of a skywalker lightsaber and experience a vision about Luke and Vader and Kylo [all skywalkers]; 4) pull the skywalker lightsaber away from kylo's grasp and into her own hand?

Clearly Snoke sees the strength in the Skywalker lineage - the bloodline of the chosen one, which is why he sought to corrupt Kylo. Snoke also saw the strength in both light and dark, which was another attraction for him to Kylo - As Kylo clearly struggles with both light and dark within, as seen in TFA.

I believe Rey to be Luke's daughter, thought killed at the Jedi purge at the hands of the Knights of Ren, but saved by her older cousin, Ben/Kylo, who struggling with his light side, saved her from extermination by leaving her on Jakkuu.

The dark within him wants to be Snoke's apprentice so he can become "more powerful than Darth Vader" but rather than killing his rival (Rey) he plunges his saber into one of the Knights of Ren (as seen in Rey's vision) saving her and then decides to take her to and leaves her on Jakkuu, believed by everyone, but Kylo, that she is dead. This is why he was angry by the news of a girl on that planet escaping with BB8 and Finn with the map to Skywalker.

Luke with despair of guilt and failure sought solace believing his daughter to be dead. This is why Luke's saber called to Rey and not another "Skywalker"...Kylo.

So, if Rey is a Skywalker and Luke trains her in the grey way, she will not be restricted by the "dogmatic narrow view of the jedi and embrace a larger view of the force" - with more power. This is what Snoke is trying to achieve with Kylo, but with a different end result in mind.

Lets remember that the story of star wars is essentially the story of the skywalker family and Rey is the next protagonist in the story.

Disney has already admitted it likes aspects of the now legendary EU and are bringing some of this into cannon - like Thrawn. The story of Jacen and Jaina solo, twin sister who must destroy her brother, now Darth Cadeous, was a cool story. But we have seen twins before and this is predictable. What we are looking at in the ST is cousins rather than siblings - but essentially the same story arch.
  • Options
    If she is Luke's daughter, wouldn't she know that? She would not think Luke to be a myth if he was daddy. I like the rest of your theory except for that.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    If she is Luke's daughter, wouldn't she know that? She would not think Luke to be a myth if he was daddy. I like the rest of your theory except for that.
    That's a fair point - maybe she was too young? People can block traumatic events and pieces of their past from their memory. I don't know.

But nothing else explains her power over the bloodline of the force itself (the chosen one), except:

1) She is Han & Leia's daughter:
    Han knows who she is when Maz asks him "Who's the girl?", but the scene cuts away. Why does he not tell her that he's her daddy?
    Leia hugs Rey - a girl she apparently has never met before, in a way that she knows her - if she is Rey's mother why does she not say?
    The only answer to this is that they know she is Luke's daughter and it is not their place to tell Rey, but help her on her path to finding Luke.

2) She is the second coming of the chosen one of the force:
    This is likely the most crazy theory out there, and I would hate for this to be the case.
    The power of the force being personified was an ancient prophecy of the chosen one, which turned out to be Anakin.
    Now for this to happen a second time within a few decades would be like Jesus **** coming down from Heaven to save the world from its sins every few decades - sorry I don't buy that at all.

3) Rey is powerful because she just is:
    As already explained, nothing in the galaxy can be more powerful than the bloodline/lineage than the force itself being Anakin's descendants or a new chosen one of the force.
    If Rey is all powerful just because - This breaks star wars lore and the entire story arch of all movies and stories - I think I would likely walk out of the theatre as this would make TLJ be the worst star wars movie in history, even worse than the dreaded TPM.

Ultimately Rey has to be one of those theories and I think the Luke daughter one is the best and most logical by far.
  • Options
    You know, I think there are already too many plot holes to fix this story. I will go see the movie, but they are on thin ice with me (not that it matters). I hope there is a good explanation.