If the cinematic Base/Chirruit was in game

Tedbeast
218 posts Member
edited June 2017
Let's face it Chaze is way to OP, those defending him are doing so to defend their own use of them.

But the problem that bothers me the most about them in game is they don't match their cinematic counterparts at all.

If they were try to form. They wouldn't even be allowed in a party solo, you have to have both or none. I don't remember base drawing fire from Chirruit at all in the movie, if anything Base only offered cover fire while Chirruit ran around hitting things. So Chirruit should be really hard to hit, but if I'm remembering right he died on first hit, so make his HP small, also if Chirruit dies Baze should taunt AND get deathmark, get defense down and offense up or just flat out die also. Biggs' ship is designed to die cuz he gets shot down, his toon is also a glass cannon. So shouldn't this duo be the same way since they also die, not from being blown up (that'd be unavoidable) but for being gunned down. Or am I totally wrong and need to quit watching Rogue One while drinking?
I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Post edited by Mageduckey on

Replies

• Corrog
    308 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Tedbeast wrote: »
    Let's face it Chaze is way to OP, those defending him are doing so to defend their own use of them.

But the problem that bothers me the most about them in game is they don't match their cinematic counterparts at all.

If they were try to form. They wouldn't even be allowed in a party solo, you have to have both or none. I don't remember base drawing fire from Chirruit at all in the movie, if anything Base only offered cover fire while Chirruit ran around hitting things. So Chirruit should be really hard to hit, but if I'm remembering right he died on first hit, so make his HP small, also if Chirruit dies Baze should taunt AND get deathmark, get defense down and offense up or just flat out die also. Biggs' ship is designed to die cuz he gets shot down, his toon is also a glass cannon. So shouldn't this duo be the same way since they also die, not from being blown up (that'd be unavoidable) but for being gunned down. Or am I totally wrong and need to quit watching Rogue One while drinking?

The problem with this method of game design is when you translate it out across the board. Stormtroopers should have no hp, as they all died in one shot. And they should have zero accuracy (cue laugh track). Darth Vader should be ridiculously powerful against Jedi. Luke should be able to turn Vader.

Where does it stop? For gameplay purposes, toons need to be somewhat balanced in basic areas. Health, protection, speed, etc. What's broken about Chaze is the abilities.
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • Corrog wrote: »
    Let's face it Chaze is way to OP, those defending him are doing so to defend their own use of them, and you guys can all go DIAF.

The problem with this method of game design is when you translate it out across the board. Stormtroopers should have no hp, as they all died in one shot. And they should have zero accuracy (cue laugh track). Darth Vader should be ridiculously powerful against Jedi. Luke should be able to turn Vader.

Where does it stop? For gameplay purposes, toons need to be somewhat balanced in basic areas. Health, protection, speed, etc. What's broken about Chaze is the abilities.

And Palpatine/Sidious would wreck almost everybody singlehandedly lol :D
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    Corrog wrote: »
    Let's face it Chaze is way to OP, those defending him are doing so to defend their own use of them, and you guys can all go DIAF.

True but Stormtroopers are useless even after their (laughable) faction pass. The two I mentioned wouldn't even be recognizable if it wasn't for their names being on there.
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.