will there be a free way to unlock thrawn

nbark31
18 posts Member
edited June 2017
so the thrawn event just started. and all my pheonix characters are 4 stars. ezra, zeb, hera and chopper are quiter easy to get to 5 stars before the event finishes but kanan and sabine are the hardest.i dont know if you only need at least one character above 5 stars to compete in the 5 star requirement tier or if you need 5 characters. im pretty sure you need 5 characters and that for me is really hard. i am level 78 and i have no problem beating the event or battles or anything like that. but i am only a casual player who doesnt want to pour hundreds of dollars into the game. and i am aware that the aim of this game for the developers is to get people to pay money and i simply dont want to and i cant afford it. im just wondering if there will be a way to get thrawn shards for free after the event. i dont care if its in chromium data card packs or the shipments, the shard shop or the guild store or some guild reward. i am just worried that i wont be able to unlock my favourite villian in star wars and i dont care if it doesnt come for another year. i only started a couple of months ago and so i dont know if general kenobi is a character that had an event and i dont know if there is anonther way to get him.

someone with more experience pls help me

Replies

• You need 5 of the 6 at 5* to be able to compete.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    You should have followed up from the beginning. As f2p I already unlocked him at 5*. It may be too late for you, can't know without making the calculations and knowing your income at each spot. The thing is...as f2p you should have dropped Sabine and go for Chopper. Once the event is gone, it'll be back in 4-5 months and there'll be no other way to get Thrawn shards till then.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/115650/phoenix-and-thrawn-event-pro-farming-information-merged#latest
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    I unlocked thrawn for free. You had a choice to farm Phoenix for the 2 weeks or so since they were f2p. Getting them to 5* (except Sabine) required no money, and is you use all the time (including the weeklong event) no crystals.

Also, expect the legendary event to be back in 6 months or so, like Yoda and Palp were.
  • Ok my friend you will be happy there is a f2p way to get your favorite villain. You need 5 pheniox toons at 7 star. Two of those toons are in cantina battles and one is in cantina store. One u can get on galactic war and the other arena shipments. U dont need to pay money u just need play smart. General Kenobi you get from the haat raid u need to be in a strong guild to be able to get him.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Acrofales wrote: »
    I unlocked thrawn for free. You had a choice to farm Phoenix for the 2 weeks or so since they were f2p. Getting them to 5* (except Sabine) required no money, and is you use all the time (including the weeklong event) no crystals.

Also, expect the legendary event to be back in 6 months or so, like Yoda and Palp were.

I got Sabine to 5* with no money. I just refreshed the guild store 4x a day for 300 crystals and she showed up fairly often.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Winstar wrote: »
    Acrofales wrote: »

I got Sabine to 5* with no money. I just refreshed the guild store 4x a day for 300 crystals and she showed up fairly often.

I guess it depends on your priorities, but shop refreshes are a horrible roi for crystals. Better to just have some patience. I'll still have Sabine at 5* before the event ends (not that it matters, Chopper did just fine).
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    I got him at 5* for free aswell
  • Got 5* 4 free too n with unmodded toons too, though i believe the 7* will need more maxed toons i can't get them 4 free this time. 1st event i don't get to finish 1st time but no matter at least i have him :)
  • I got thrawn at 5 and didn't spend a penny on them.
  • I'm hoping before the even ends i'll get thrawn at 6* so i can use him in my guilds raids. Shouldn't be too difficult since I have hera and Chopper ready to be 6*, plus Ezra, Kanan, Zeb and Sabine are all about halfway to 6*
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Legendary Events come around every couple months. Just keep farming Phoenix Squad and you'll get it next time.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.