Here is the moment you have all been waiting for, the February update with Grand Master Yoda!What’s NewNew Events System
First Event – Featuring a New Character!
- A key feature in this update is a brand new Events system. This system replaces the old Key Card Events, and will enable our designers to craft a wide variety of Event types, structures, and themes.
- To provide interesting and challenging scenarios, the new system can restrict the type, number, category, and rarity of units eligible for a given Event.
- Events can allow limitless attempts, a limited number of attempts, or be non-repeatable.
- Most Events are expected to be available for a limited time. An exception are the Training Droid and Credits Events which were previously available in the Key Card system. Those two events will also be available in the new Events system, and are expected to always be available.
- A limited time Event can re-appear at a later date after its time limit has expired. Players' progress will be saved from previous attempts.
- As part of this change, the old Key Card collection table has been removed.
- One of the most-frequently requested characters is now available, Grand Master Yoda! In this inaugural Event, players can Battle to win Shards for Grand Master Yoda in customized training Battles.
New Training Bot and Credit Events
- This Event features seven stages which must be unlocked progressively. Only Jedi units are allowed. The requirements for each Stage are also based on the star rarity of the Jedi units.
- The first Battle in this Event requires five Jedi which are 1 Star or above. Completing that Battle will award Shards for Grand Master Yoda, and unlock Stage 2.
- Stage 2 requires five Jedi which are 2 Star or above, and so on up to Stage 7 which requires five Jedi at 7 Stars to get the final Shards needed to Promote Grand Master Yoda to 7 Stars! Once players have completed Stage 5, they will have enough Shards to Activate Grand Master Yoda at 5 Stars.
- This Event is planned to be available for a week, and then unavailable for a number of weeks, and then available again for a week, etc. This approach will give players multiple opportunities to progress in the Event, with time in between to prepare as needed.
- This will be the only place to gain Shards for Grand Master Yoda. He is not expected to be for sale or acquirable elsewhere in the game.
Free Energy Rewards
- These two repeatable Events have been refactored under the new Events system.
- These Events are open indefinitely and no longer require Key Cards. Players can attempt them without limit.
- Energy cost per attempt has been adjusted down.
- Payouts per attempt have also been adjusted down to account for the lowered Energy cost, unlimited attempts, and economy balance.
Leaderboard Rank Swap Adjustments
- During 3 two hour periods of the day (12:00-14:00, 18:00-20:00, and 21:00-23:00, all in your local time) the player can collect additional bonus Energy through the Daily Activities menu.
- This bonus Energy will only be available during those time windows and must be actively collected. The collection opportunity will not persist if the player comes in after the two hour window expires.
- A countdown timer displays in Daily Activities to show when the next one will be available.
- Adjustments have been made to the way Arena matchmaking works for the top 40 positions on the leaderboard.
- Once players reach rank 40, the range of players they can challenge will begin to shrink.
- For example, previously, players who reached rank 11 could attack the player at rank 2. Now a rank 11 player will only be able to attack a player up to rank 6.
- When viewing possible rewards or shipments, clicking on a character Shard will display the number of Shards required to acquire or Promote that character as well as summary details on the strategic value of the character.
- This will give players more info on Shards where they need it, so they don't have to navigate away to check their Shard counts.
- When a player views possible rewards or shipments, gear that is currently needed for a character(s) is badged.
- Clicking on a badged piece of gear will display all characters that currently need the gear (at that moment).
- Viewing gear details now displays the quantity of gear that the player owns.
- Improvements were made to the Find flow so players will know if they got the piece they were looking for.
- After pressing "Find" to search for a piece of gear, when that piece of gear is part of the post-Battle rewards, it is highlighted as "Collected X/Y" with X being the quantity of the item the player owns and Y being the quantity of the item needed to fulfill the crafting requirement.
- Shards will also be highlighted as "Collected X/Y" when searched.
Gear Crafting Improvements
- Previously when players gained enough Shards for a 7 star character, any additional Shards earned had no value. The Shard Shop is the answer to this problem.
- A "Shard Shop" will now unlock when a player has collected a 7 star character.
- At the shop, players can convert additional Shards earned for their 7 star characters into a currency that can be spent on acquiring Shards for other characters.
- Dialog for pre and post unlock guide explain the purpose of the shop.
- Several changes were made to the crafting flows to make it less labor intensive for players.
- Previously when crafting a piece of nested gear (multiple levels of crafting), after crafting was complete for the "child" or "component" piece, the player would have to navigate up a hierarchy level to determine what gear was needed next to craft the "parent" or "full" piece.
- Now when the child item has been crafted the player will immediately be taken to the parent (one level up), removing the extra navigation step.
- Previously when crafting a piece of nested gear with many levels of hierarchy, each child had to be crafted individually before the parent could be crafted. Crafting can now be done at the parent level if all gear and credits required for child items have been gathered.
- A back button is now present in the gear crafting UI making navigation up a level of hierarchy more clear. The current hierarchy level is also highlighted.
- The "Equip" button will now be green when the gear needed is available, minimizing players from accidentally spending crafting materials unnecessarily.
- When multiple pieces of gear are needed, a scrollbar is present and gear that is needed is sorted to the top.
Improvements to Delayed Damage
- Arena Matchmaking screen has been overhauled based on player feedback, and to clarify a number of things players were finding confusing.
- The screen will now show opponents' full squad, allowing players to both plan for the Battle and to study what unit combinations other players are using.
- Tap and Hold on opponent units will bring up details for that specific unit.
- The player's own rank is more prominently displayed.
- Changed the power icon to just the word "Power" to make it more clear to players.
- The prize tier the player is currently is now displayed next to the player's power.
- A timer was added to the Prizes button to show when those rewards will be distributed.
- The Home button is now available in the upper right. The Refresh opponent list button has been moved.
- Shipments button in Arena (and Galactic War) changed to read "Redeem" and show the currency icon to clarify where to spend the related currency.
Improved Pack Descriptions
- Previously, abilities which caused Damage over Time (DoT) or had a time-delay element in their damage could not kill an enemy unit when it started its turn. That is no longer the case.
- Units with a DoT, bomb, or similar effect on them will suffer the correct amount of damage at the very start of their turn. If that takes them to zero health, they will die before taking their turn.
- The pack description screen has been improved to provide a more detailed account of the potential drops from each of the packs.
- This is meant to more accurately represent the possible drops from packs than the previous approach that only displayed characters.
- This new description is not a comprehensive list of everything in the pack, due to the vast quantity of items, but shows a large percentage of the possible items.
Sell button / screen removed
- Clicking on an Ally under Allies->Manage will now display additional information about the Ally including the leader's ability, PvP Rank, and Power.
- This will allow players to assess their ally list more carefully.
Gear rarity visibility
- We removed the Sell Screen, and ability to sell items, from the game. This decision was made for a few reasons.
- First, the replacement of Mining Droids with credits removed the item that people sold the most.
- Second, with the improvements to gear details, players can now see how many of an item exists in inventory, a primary value of the Sell screen.
- Finally, we were noticing that players were often accidentally selling items, leading to a negative experience.
- We realize some players sell gear and xp bots purposefully to earn credits, but we feel this is a better experience for the majority of the playerbase.
- Any player that had a mining droid in the inventory will receive an Inbox message granting the credit value of the droids.
- The border around gear denoting its rarity is now present in Shipments and during Data Card opening, making it easier to know the gear's value.
Character Inventory Screen
- When selecting squad members pre-Battle, the characters previously had their level listed redundantly. This has been replaced by showing character power, assisting in determining which character to choose.
- Previously, on the Characters inventory screen, each panel for a character had a progress bar with two potential meanings. If the character had been Activated, the bar indicated the units XP progress to their next level. If the character had not been Activated, it showed progress of collecting Shards to Activate the character. This was confusing and hard to message clearly.
- Now, regardless of whether the character is or isn't Activated, the bar under the characters now shows progress to the next star level (unit Shards).
- Characters were previously sorted by level as a default. They are now sorted by Power, which is a more accurate representation of their value.
- Gear slots now show the actual gear images so it's more clear when the slots are filled. Optimizations to the system allowed this without massive increase to inventory load.
- The chest that animates, prompting the player to open it, has improved VFX so it's easier to tell what to do (tap on chest to open it).
- Refreshing the Galactic War Shipments now costs premium currency to make it consistent with other shipment stores.
- Improved VFX after collecting the Daily Reward will more clearly show what the player has received.
- A detail was added to the info section in the Daily Reward screen explaining that daily login progress resets at the beginning of each month.
- If a player on Android is logged into G+, that player will continue to be logged in after doing an update from the app store. Previously a player could be logged out of G+.
Training Bot Icons
- The targeting reticle "pops" more noticeably when attempting to target an opponent unit when another opponent unit is taunting, or when trying to target a stealthed opponent.
- This should make it more clear why a player cannot change targets in those instances.
- Improvements were made in Battle to make it easier to target backrow opponents so players can be more strategic in their target choices.
- Targets will no longer swap between character turns when using manual Battle.
- The size of training droid icons was increased in the info panels to make them easier for players to see and differentiate between them.
Attack animation distance
- Double Shot VFX for Cad Bane and CT555's basic attack has been improved so they shoot from the right gun for the double shot.
- VFX for Clone Wars Chewbacca's specials were differentiated more so it is clear that the chosen special ability was triggered.
- The distance to target in the animation for the Jedi Knight Guardian's basic attack and Kylo Ren's second special was reduced (no functional change, cosmetic adjustment) so it looks more like they are hitting their targets.
“Go” Button Fixes
- In order to help players plan, all of the panels for the Challenges now show the days of the week when a Challenge is available.
- Previously, inactive Challenges were hidden, but in order to show when inactive Challenges will become available, all panels are now visible even if they are not accessible.
App Rating Prompt
- The “Go” button for Daily Activities has now been fixed for the Galactic War Activity, Use the Force, Mission Directives, Hard Won, and Give in to the Dark Side.
- Go button on the "Battle Hardened" Achievement now takes player to Hard Mode Campaign instead of the store.
Home Screen Scroll Bar
- Added to the choices so players can dismiss the prompt forever or postpone it for a while.
- "Rate Now" - Takes player to app store.
- "Not Now" - Player is reminded to rate later.
- "Never" - Reminder does not reappear.
Cantina Energy Color
- Added an indicator to the Cantina Home Screen under the HUD that shows that there are scrollable areas to the left and right
- Changed Cantina Energy icon color from purple to match the color of Cantina Credits.
Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
First Order Tie Pilot
FOTP was affected by a couple bugs that significantly affected his performance in a variety of ways. Considering the magnitude of these fixes, we're going to observe how much they affect him before considering any further balance adjustments.
As one of the few Dark Side healers, Talia finds her way into a variety of parties, but has been significantly underperforming; we feel this is largely due to the extreme risk of her powerful heal, coupled with a few AI bugs that tend to drive her to make... tactically unsound decisions.
Poe's high-Tenacity gear upgrades after the level cap increase, coupled with his Unique ability, allowed him to substantially outperform other Tanks. In addition, the high chance to Expose enemies with Resistance Bravado made it reliable for him to secure a huge advantage for his team on the first turn. After these changes, Poe still has far more Tenacity than any other unit, and still has the only currently available Area-of-Effect Expose ability, even if it is less reliable, so we are confident that his unique role as a high-risk, high-reward Tank remains intact.
As an additional note: the changes to his gear requirements were made only on Tiers II and III in order to minimize the disruption to players currently trying to equip and upgrade Poe.
Jedi Knight Guardian
Many players collect Jedi Knight Guardian early on to round out their parties, but she's also quickly outclassed by many other Tank options. These updates should help to keep her competitive.
This update should serve to fix several of the factors (including a bug) that made Asajj's Strike Fear ability frequently unreliable or ineffective. Note that there is still a bug under investigation that can cause Dispel effects to fail to remove enemy buffs.
Savage was intended to be an extremely durable Attacker who could become a huge threat when he found the opportunity to finish off a low-Health enemy, but his less-than-stellar base damage and relatively unreliable Special ability made that difficult. This update should make Savage a much more threatening foe on both accounts.
Mace Windu's kit was highly divergent, lacking synergy or focus that would allow him to play a clear role in combat. This overhaul should help him secure his identity as a heroic, high-pressure Tank that enemies will have to focus fire on to survive, even without a Taunt.
Phasma's Leader ability had bugs that frequently allowed the bonus Assist attacks to trigger off of non-attack abilities, sometimes even targeting allies instead of enemies. It is unknown to what degree this influenced Phasma's effectiveness, so we will observe the effects of this fix before considering any future balance adjustments.
However if there's one think I'm upset about it's that you've halved the value of the Profit Mining Event in order to make your 595 Credit Mega-pack more appealing.
Edit: Just realized you added a possible x3 multiplier. I guess that makes it OK? Any chance you could tell us the probability?
The difficulty curve in galactic war is smoother now and easier to complete. I'm really excited by the way DoT applies making Vader's Sidious's AOE more tactical and characters that use delayed explsoves like Greedo more appealing. Watching an opponent die from a DoT/delayed grenade was *very* satisfying.More passive heals seem to be triggering - are the health steal items applying now or did we never receive that feedback before. Overall I can see people going back to the drawing board tactic wise.
I call this a big step forward
Downloaded update about an hour and a half ago. Am currently rank 11, and can attack rank 2-8 in the first panel of targets, 5-9 in the second, and 7-10 in the third. FYI.
After doing the maths it is a poor return. For 24 credits I got 3 droids. These same three droids I could get from level 5-7 missions , on top of that you also get cash and components
if you look at the shipments you can get 7 lvl 5 droids for 60 gems these 5 x lvl 4 droids = 1 level 5 droid
so after changing your gems for 4 goes at the events you still will be nowhere near the count of just buying from the shop.
It is better to use your gems from the challenges and the arena on the following
100 in the cantena and 60 on lvl 5 droid pack.
Use the new bonus packs in the missions as usual.
I spent money on gems in the past but now I know it is not worth it anymore.
They give you character shards you no longer need and then take them on a 5 to 1 basis.
How can this be fair when you already paid for them using shards.
2 for 1 maybe of, but 5-1 is a scam. They should be ashamed of this behavior.
Not that I'm upset about the change, but I would think a change with such a large impact on the game as a whole would merit a sentence in the patch notes.
my team changes randomly focus and atacks whoever they want to
The text only tell that "you receive 20" and not "you and your ally receive 20"
This was never the case, at one point I thought it was but at least in the past month or so it hasn't been this way.
Speed tiers change from 142 to 143. This means that fully geared Rey, dooku, GS, etc. Will all move before Poe does where before it was a roll of the dice on who went first.
Look for the speed guide done by team instinct for more info but that's the gist of it.