5* Thrawn vs 7* Thrawn or even 6* Thrawn

DarthTaral
362 posts Member
edited June 2017
Ok time to find out what Thrawn is really worth. We have all seen the videos and we have all seen the kit. I'm sure the question on a lot of people's mind though is what is the difference between 5*, 6*, and 7* Thrawn. Now let's assume that Thrawn is at max absolute Max gear, lvl 85, and no mods. Cause I'm sure a lot of us remember there wasn't much of a difference at all with Darth Nihilus. Is Thrawn going to be the same way, or is the difference between star lvls so great that it is worth spending money to upgrade your Phoenix Squad to 7* and as high a gear lvl as possible to get Thrawn to 7*.

Replies

• StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    He'll be similar, since you aren't using him for damage. The difference between 5* and 7* will be maybe 1k health, and a bit of damage.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    He'll be similar, since you aren't using him for damage. The difference between 5* and 7* will be maybe 1k health, and a bit of damage.

I get what your saying, and I'm thinking the same thing, but let's see if there is anyway we can get the actually numbers posted in this thread so people can compare. I know it might be a lot to ask for and I'm hoping against hope but let's see if we can get the actual numbers or even screen shots of stats from 5* 6* And 7*
  • Given equal mods, there isn't a lot of difference between 5 or 7 stars. The extra health might scrape out an extra hit when the base health is too low. This is applicable to all toons. Stars add negligible stats compared to mods. I've unlocked 5 and should be able to get to 6 by the end of the event.
  • StarSon wrote: »

Defense is usually significantly lower. It's impacted by stars quite a bit.

• Depends on the toon Sith Assassin is way better at 7 Stars other ones not so much. Is it worth 400.00 or more? Probably not
  • Kriesha
    113 posts Member
    The biggest difference between 5* Thrawn and 7* Thrawn is raid eligibility. Honestly, I think raids should not limit characters by stars... if anything, maybe a gear level check, but star count simply sucks.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Around 2100 HP between 5* and 7* and he hits 900 less on his basic (7330 against 8220). So not a big issue there.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Around 2100 HP between 5* and 7* and he hits 900 less on his basic (7330 against 8220). So not a big issue there.

Did you check base defense stats too?
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Acrofales wrote: »

Hard to look at that, isn't it? We get some weird obfuscated % to reflect "defense". According to swgoh.gg, the difference between 5* and 7* is 25. No idea how that translates to the % we see on the stats screen. https://swgoh.gg/characters/grand-admiral-thrawn/stats/.

My level 85, g7, unmodded Thrawn has 15.73% armor.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

Hard to look at that, isn't it? We get some weird obfuscated % to reflect "defense". According to swgoh.gg, the difference between 5* and 7* is 25. No idea how that translates to the % we see on the stats screen. https://swgoh.gg/characters/grand-admiral-thrawn/stats/.

Ah, thanks for the overview. Didn't know gg did that.

So 7* he's comparable to Nilly, at 6* he's more like FOTP and at 5* he's somewhere between Yoda and Wedge (but obviously with more health). And protection is independent of *s. So it probably comes down to 7* taking 1 more hit to kill than at 6*, which in turn takes about 1 more hit to kill than 5* (and these are average basic attacks, not FAT/Wiggs/Culling Blade specials)

I don't think I'm going to pump resources into starring him, as this seems mainly relevant on defense, and AI trumps survivability anyway... and with how bad his AI is, I don't see this making a big difference at all.
  • fascizio
    572 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

For science I leveled 5* my Thrawn to 85, no gear no mods 10.65% armor.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Raids really is the only difference between stars. I unlocked. I'm fine with that.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....