So is he good or bad?

Prev1
What's the verdict? Tell us, you dirty whales, before I gear that blue blooded ****.

Replies

• Fracture is useful, but until I get his abilities maxed (my stars and gear are maxed) it's hard to make an accurate assessment. My feeling tho is I doubt the AI is gonna play his complicated kit well.
  • Offense: Good
    Defense: Bad
    Overall: Fine

6ZKUKH4.gif

6ZKUKH4.gif
    Well, fine in relative terms of acceptance how we assume balance using AI? xD
  • Obiobi
    32 posts Member
    I'm really enjoying him so far. After talking to my shard mates it quickly becomes obvious that he is great on both offense and defense. For the 1st time in a long time I've heard from them that a team can't be consistently beat. Thrawn and Tarkin together are quite a combo. I don't have another cool 2vs5 video like with Chirrut and Baze, but those 2 together will be a staple in the current meta. Thrawn is viable at 7 star g9 at the top of a day 1 shard. I did include a video link, and you can check the rest of the videos for a few more with Thrawn in them.

I can't find a stronger set up than this... Tarkin L (have both Zetas) Thrawn, GK, DN, and Shore trooper. I hope this helps someone out. If you enjoy them, like and subscribe!

https://youtu.be/KhtHQXR57O0
  • @Obiobi
    Can we see some defense footage please?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @Obiobi

Nice video, seems like a solid team.

Have you tried his lead?
  • I've seen some vids on youtube with Thrawn as a leader... It seems that when facing Nihilus with zetaed unique toons just keep waisting the clean...
  • I've seen some vids on youtube with Thrawn as a leader... It seems that when facing Nihilus with zetaed unique toons just keep waisting the clean...

Thats why Thrawn as a support and not leader is better for defense.
  • Sektor
    27 posts Member
    @Obiobi well done... it shows that nihilus is the star of this and the biggest problem of all: Ai targets baze even if fractured. Even when gk taunts and loses it - the ai turns to baze again. Without nihilus you might have lost.
  • Obiobi
    32 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    @Obiobi

Nice video, seems like a solid team.

Have you tried his lead?

I have, and it worked well. On auto battle it seems that the Tarkin lead was a little better on both offense and defense, but that could easily change with Thrawns leader Zeta
  • Obiobi
    32 posts Member
    @Obiobi
    Can we see some defense footage please?

I asked shard mates. I'll see if I can get one to record a vid vs me.
  • Obiobi
    32 posts Member
    Sektor wrote: »
    @Obiobi well done... it shows that nihilus is the star of this and the biggest problem of all: Ai targets baze even if fractured. Even when gk taunts and loses it - the ai turns to baze again. Without nihilus you might have lost.

In this set up, Nihilus is key, I totally agree. I've subbed him out, and a few of the other toons for mostly other Empire toons and found that the team is still viable. That being said, it's hard to beat any good line up that includes Nihilus. He is the one reason so many lesser squads can now compete at the top of the boards daily.
  • I faced a Thrawn lead team on my shard and man was it a breeze for my Sith. The guy switched back to Rex lead after a while. Empire is just so lackluster. Every toon they come out with is just a blah mediocre character. They come out with these cool fancy kits that look good on paper but are just overrated and overhyped. Maybe they can win on offense but I always find them easy to beat. I don't see him as a meta changer because of how mediocre the rest of Empire is. Empire is just always a step behind which is disappointing.
  • Obiobi
    32 posts Member

DarthApok wrote: »
    I faced a Thrawn lead team on my shard and man was it a breeze for my Sith. The guy switched back to Rex lead after a while. Empire is just so lackluster. Every toon they come out with is just a blah mediocre character. They come out with these cool fancy kits that look good on paper but are just overrated and overhyped. Maybe they can win on offense but I always find them easy to beat. I don't see him as a meta changer because of how mediocre the rest of Empire is. Empire is just always a step behind which is disappointing.

So far, ZMaul lead gives more of fight than any other squads vs the Thrawn comps I've tried. This is because a ZMaul lead usually allows them to go 1st...sometimes the whole squad goes 1st because debuffs. Too bad that the added Empire only cleanse ability (from Thrawn's lead) isn't like R2s, where you automatically debuff on a crit hit or something similar. Using a whole turn to debuff is very taxing and adds nearly 0 benefit. Otherwise, Thrawn's leader skill would really be something else and would change this dilemma for the Empire. Maybe with his Zetas added it will make a difference. This is why I prefer Tarkin lead. If you can get a few toons, including your DN to go before the other teams DN, then ZMaul and other Sith sets ups can't compete with a decent Thrawn squad.

• But you cant with all things being equal. SA will boost more than Tarkin lead
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Argarath wrote: »
    But you cant with all things being equal. SA will boost more than Tarkin lead

I just toasted a zaul squad with my 5* lvl 67 g9 Thrawn

May be not, zThrawn,GK,TFP,ST ans zDT is beat any team on auto. He may also good on defense.

Hope you can find on Youtube.
  • I think we are going to see something of an Empire/Sith/Triple cleanse triangle for the meta now. If unlucky each of them could lose on offence against one of the others and if lucky might be able to win against the other on defence. The only question is if any empire team with Thrawn had a chance to beat triple cleanse occasionally on d.

May be not, zThrawn,GK,TFP,ST ans zDT is beat any team on auto. He may also good on defense.

I did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os--uInyYtg

His defense blows.
  • Mastoraz
    156 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    That's a beautiful video. What your setup on that team mod wise..i have same...waiting to zeta second skill on r2 before I try it
  • I have him at 7* gear 10. Used him in gw was pretty good. Don't have super strong empire other than Vader, palp, tfp, and Tarkin
  • Obiobi
    32 posts Member
    Here's the link to check the mods.

https://swgoh.gg/u/obiobi/

And his defense doesn't suck. He's actually very nice if he has his unique Zeta. 100% tenacity and counter chance is far from garbage. That vid is of a strong squad with a very fast r2 vs an inferior squad with so-so mods that doesn't have enough speed. That comp, with Thrawn 7star g11 should be well over 54k power. All things equal, that mostly rebel squad would fail in the same fight.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Regardless Thrawn is the most bad a$$ looking dude on the field!! Love it lol!!!!
  • Obiobi
    32 posts Member
    Sewpot wrote: »
    Regardless Thrawn is the most bad a$$ looking dude on the field!! Love it lol!!!!

+1
    I love my new Smurf!
  • JonNoNothing
    139 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Offense: Good

I did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os--uInyYtg

His defense blows.

Not team I mention...

That team is sucks, how on earth to run without a tank, lol

Sure it good offense but defense , lol
  • BrillO
    320 posts Member
    Offense: Good

I did.

YouTube .com/watch?v=Os--uInyYtg

His defense blows.

I bet he'd use fracture if someone had any buffs on them.
    That minute video was awesome though.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    I'm liking this team so far... (even with my crappy Thrawn)

68CMazJ.jpg

Triple cleanse... pshhht

Barely even touched me ;)

tqylJSA.jpg

*disclaimer... "probably sucks on defense"
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Obiobi wrote: »

And his defense doesn't suck. He's actually very nice if he has his unique Zeta. 100% tenacity and counter chance is far from garbage. That vid is of a strong squad with a very fast r2 vs an inferior squad with so-so mods that doesn't have enough speed. That comp, with Thrawn 7star g11 should be well over 54k power. All things equal, that mostly rebel squad would fail in the same fight.
    You just saying it doesn't suck doesn't mean it doesn't when you have yet to provide a video showing otherwise. Not to rain on your parade, but the AI handles him poorly. It uses Fracture to dispel and just basics at times. See for yourself, there are multiple videos.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Obiobi wrote: »

You just saying it doesn't suck doesn't mean it doesn't when you have yet to provide a video showing otherwise. Not to rain on your parade, but the AI handles him poorly. It uses Fracture to dispel and just basics at times. See for yourself, there are multiple videos.

Defensively everything is weak...

A test for a solid team in my option is that you can just click auto and deselect the initial target and just sit back and win...

Against some teams that is truly challenging...

The team the crushes triple cleanse might get destroyed against Jedi or Zaul...

Finding that team that can just win everytime is everyone's goal...

But isn't that impossible?

If not... it should be