Drop Rates and Availability of Pheonix Toons Seem to Have Plummeted

Mojavelandbaron
977 posts Member
edited June 2017
Noticing the availability across the board to be able to just get these toons to 5* has dropped coming into this event. Would be nice, since you were pushing this whole thing, if you could go a bit less heavy on the availability nerf. Before some hall monitor gets on here and spews how "you should have taken advantage of the 2x drop rates earlier" let me state that I DID do that. I've got 3/5 at five-star. The other three, with the exception of Chopper, are either only available once a day for 3 tries on Hard node, available on Cantina Node, but dropped NOTHING for me today, or only available unreliably in the Guild or Fleet Stores. Sorry, but since I've been farming these toons in other locations, I don't have thousands of shards to buy these toons at the Shard Shop.

Again, easing up on the drop rate nerfs would be nice. Just sayin'.

Replies

• My drop rate during the double event was pretty bad. Drop rate since that for Ezra and Hera are much better..it's just random RNG.

Zeb, Kanan, and Chopper are all available via store.
  • Yeah, its taking forever to get shards for my TFP. Three weeks ago I was getting 5-15 shards between cantina energy crystal refreshes. Now I've stopped bothering spending crystals on refreshes and am spending it on energy refreshes for gear. You can really feel it when the mess around with drop rates as its like noticing they have messed with your favorite slot machine.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    There is always next time.

Side note, they didn't change anything.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    There is always next time.

Side note, they didn't change anything.

Exactly...I don't get people freaking out about not getting Thrawn. I did not get EP the first time around...just got Yoda at 5 star and R2 is still sitting at 100 shards.
  • I didn't even bother going for thrawn, I just unlocked GK and I am trying to get him geared.
  • Calbear949 wrote: »
    My drop rate during the double event was pretty bad. Drop rate since that for Ezra and Hera are much better..it's just random RNG.

Zeb, Kanan and Ezra are 5* for me. It's Hera and Sabine that have been a hard farm lately, and those two haven't appeared in my Fleet or Guild Store for almost two days and are still only around 30/65 to 5*. I will keep buying Chopper as quick as I can as I earn the Cantina currency I need each time. Just hope I can get the two more I need up to par before the six days runs out.
  • Gcdevil
    153 posts Member
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    My drop rate during the double event was pretty bad. Drop rate since that for Ezra and Hera are much better..it's just random RNG.

Zeb, Kanan and Ezra are 5* for me. It's Hera and Sabine that have been a hard farm lately, and those two haven't appeared in my Fleet or Guild Store for almost two days and are still only around 30/65 to 5*. I will keep buying Chopper as quick as I can as I earn the Cantina currency I need each time. Just hope I can get the two more I need up to par before the six days runs out.
    Hera is only available on the cantina node, Ezra is the one in fleet store
  • Gcdevil wrote: »

Hera is only available on the cantina node, Ezra is the one in fleet store

Yep, Ezra's currently in mine. Just was hoping that since they randomly put different toons in that store, they would have put Hera or Sabine in there.

Oh well. On the bright side, I do have Ezra to 6* now. While I wasn't crazy about having to put effort into a Phx Squad, I'm glad my strongest one is Ezra. I hear he's really good. Not to mention the fact that his animations rock! Especially with his "Flourish" attack.
  • Mojavelandbaron
    977 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    phatphil3 wrote: »
    I didn't even bother going for thrawn, I just unlocked GK and I am trying to get him geared.

Definitely worth it. I only have my GK at 5* so far, but he's G11. He's very viable even at this star level.
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    ..it's just random RNG.

I can confirm that. my first 45 sims I got 4 shards. I kid you not, I did 20 sims last night and got 16.

• Yeah it all in the mind folk nothing about drop rate been change. Like it possible to flip a coin 100 times and get 75 heads and 25 tails. However if you flip that coin 1 million time it will always come out to around 50/50
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    The good ol' conspiracy theories.