Specials being used at silly times

I've been noticing Talia been using her heal when she's the only one injured on her team or even worse, when she's the last person standing. The only problem is that her heal injures her further rather than healing her.

Also, I've just finished a fight where Chewie was the last person standing on his team and then he used taunt. Not sure who he's trying to protect.

I know the ai loves to use a character's special the instant they're available, but sometimes it doesn't take into consideration the situation at the time

Replies

• Never use auto unless its a sure thing. I learned the hard way the ai is very careless
    https://youtube.com/user/MurdaDeadpool/videos Subscribe and follow me here teaminstinct.net/ Home to Team Instinct
  • The problem is that you need to use auto for Arena fights, where every second counts.

It is clear that AI needs a lot of improvements but these ones should be easy to implement:
    - most important thing is to stop changing randomly the character being attacked. This is essential both when you are attacking in Arena (and need to use "auto" in order to speed up your attack, but want to be able to set the character being attacked which is not easy because of **** AI changing the target) and defending (because I highly doubt changing the target randomly is a better strategy than never changing the target until dead)
    - The AI shouldnt do useless actions: chewie using his taunt whereas he is alone, healers trying to heal whereas evryone either was full health or is immune to heal. There are probably other exemples but at least these two make AI more look like artificial ****. Another less obvious exemple is a healer healing itself whereas he is the last one: his opponents often do more damage in a turn than he heal. Lets finish with more complex exemples like : stunning an already stunned opponent, or using abilities to hit evry opponent whereas several have counter attacks abilities.

About the choice of the target to stick with until It is dead: a natural and easy to implement choice is to pick the opponent with the smallest amount of life.

All of that looks like a few lines of code to me, but would greatly improve fights interest, especially in PvP, increasing the level of both attacker and defender
  • DarkVapor wrote: »
    The problem is that you need to use auto for Arena fights, where every second counts.

It is clear that AI needs a lot of improvements but these ones should be easy to implement:
    - most important thing is to stop changing randomly the character being attacked. This is essential both when you are attacking in Arena (and need to use "auto" in order to speed up your attack, but want to be able to set the character being attacked which is not easy because of **** AI changing the target) and defending (because I highly doubt changing the target randomly is a better strategy than never changing the target until dead)
    - The AI shouldnt do useless actions: chewie using his taunt whereas he is alone, healers trying to heal whereas evryone either was full health or is immune to heal. There are probably other exemples but at least these two make AI more look like artificial ****. Another less obvious exemple is a healer healing itself whereas he is the last one: his opponents often do more damage in a turn than he heal. Lets finish with more complex exemples like : stunning an already stunned opponent, or using abilities to hit evry opponent whereas several have counter attacks abilities.

About the choice of the target to stick with until It is dead: a natural and easy to implement choice is to pick the opponent with the smallest amount of life.

All of that looks like a few lines of code to me, but would greatly improve fights interest, especially in PvP, increasing the level of both attacker and defender

I've never had to use auto for Arena fights due to time. Auto mode is used for those battles that it's almost impossible for you to lose due to being overpowered for that battle. This is just another example of entitled gamers wanting the game to do everything for them instead of actually playing it themselves. And you can actually change which target the AI will attack in auto mode.
  • I didn't notice this from using auto, I noticed it from the ai team I'm fighting using these almost suicidal tactics. Yes I would easily beat them anyway, but it would just make the game seem a bit more like I'm fighting someone else and not a computer