How high could I get with Zeta R2?

Currently, I have 18 zeta mats, and I'm determined to land in top 20 every day in arena, most likely I'm going to zeta R2 and try to buff my current team (Wedge(L)Max G 11, Biggs g10, Baze G11, Chirrut G9, and R2 g9) if I got R2's zeta, do you think I could reach top 20 daily? Top 20 teams are mostly Rex(L) with nilihis/boba chaze and GK. Is it possible?(number crunch zeta).

Replies

• Spend 420 ability mats on R2 and you can get as high as you can.
  • Depends on what you're bringing, cause r2's probably bringing that sky walker og.
  • I'm pretty sure questions related to substance abuse are strictly prohibited on these forums.
  • It really depends on how much you're willing to pay, I hear R2 has quite a variety of options to choose from
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    With that giant smokescreen he makes? Pretty high, I would think. I keep thinking about putting a zeta on him and running with my FO squad, but zMaul isn't the problem he used to be. He works pretty well with R1 in place of K2SO, though. Getting pretty close to having them in a usable state.
  • BTW, a guy in my guild runs Wiggs Chaze R2, he loves it. I think the team would do fairly well; they are rather crit dependent, but the GK crit immunity does not last forever and you can burn through GK pretty fast with them.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Always max out your arena team. If you plan on using R2, then give him all gear and upgrade all skills. R2's zetas are both very good and will be a strong improvement.
  • I'm pretty sure questions related to substance abuse are strictly prohibited on these forums.

Who said anything about abuse? All I see in this thread are references to substance use.
  • Spend 420 ability mats on R2 and you can get as high as you can.

Yes he could, Panama Red.

• Currently, I have 18 zeta mats, and I'm determined to land in top 20 every day in arena, most likely I'm going to zeta R2 and try to buff my current team (Wedge(L)Max G 11, Biggs g10, Baze G11, Chirrut G9, and R2 g9) if I got R2's zeta, do you think I could reach top 20 daily? Top 20 teams are mostly Rex(L) with nilihis/boba chaze and GK. Is it possible?(number crunch zeta).

Unless your shard is not very old, you can't stay on top with gear g9
  • BrillO
    320 posts Member
    Spend 420 ability mats on R2 and you can get as high as you can.

Omg yes haha
  • BrillO
    320 posts Member
    With that giant smokescreen he makes? Pretty high, I would think. I keep thinking about putting a zeta on him and running with my FO squad, but zMaul isn't the problem he used to be. He works pretty well with R1 in place of K2SO, though. Getting pretty close to having them in a usable state.

It works better against zaul teams only, and you don't need to zeta r2. But you're right... zaul is dying anyways.

After some experimenting, fost is who to replace.
  • OT: yes, both of R2's Zetas make that team great.

I'd say in a team like that, there isn't one that is better than the other, but you will need to do one and do the other.

A second cleanser always helps, and overall health/protection/damage also helps.
  • I know you can get first if you have both zetas. I did CA first and was doing top 20 until I got number crunch. I'm significantly lower in squad power and hanging in there just fine
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    With that giant smokescreen he makes? Pretty high, I would think.

Agreed...
  • Depends on how many on your shard knows how to use Baze. I love facing teams with R2. Just wait for him to use smokescreen and then Baze dispels it on everyone. R2 isnt good enough in my opinion.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Currently, I have 18 zeta mats, and I'm determined to land in top 20 every day in arena, most likely I'm going to zeta R2 and try to buff my current team (Wedge(L)Max G 11, Biggs g10, Baze G11, Chirrut G9, and R2 g9) if I got R2's zeta, do you think I could reach top 20 daily? Top 20 teams are mostly Rex(L) with nilihis/boba chaze and GK. Is it possible?(number crunch zeta).

I use him and I love that little droid. He's not real impressive on his own, but he makes a lot of teams "Better". With 2 zeta's on him he not only adds a lot of survive ability but allows your light side characters to remove their own debuffs (unless vs zVader obviously). Which can be super annoying if you are on the other side.
  • Smapty wrote: »
    With that giant smokescreen he makes? Pretty high, I would think.

Agreed...

I mean, he blows out that big cloud and everybody just fades out into another plane of existence. Very metaphysical.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Depends on how many on your shard knows how to use Baze. I love facing teams with R2. Just wait for him to use smokescreen and then Baze dispels it on everyone. R2 isnt good enough in my opinion.

R2's smokescreen is not the reason I run him. Imo, he would b better off never using that skill. I run him in a jedi squad. He gets a huge boost to offense from Galactic Republic allies and I have him modded for offense.

He currently adds approx. +600 offense to my jedi as well as giving them a nice boost to health/prot. R2 is a great addition.
  • As a mmj user in the state of arizona i can list how many strains are named after characters. Its amazing
    LIST:
    R2D2
    Skywalker
    Deathstar
    Jedi
    Old bens stash.
    Chewbacca
    Plus a bunch of strains crossed and renamed like skywalker og, sensi star, old bens grape stash etc. There's over 3000 kinds off mmj its not a drug like everyone makes it seem its a miracle drug. It helped me get off like 4 different meds i had to take every day to feel no pain and be normal.
    With all that being said i love stars wars always have, i burnt out 3 sets of vhs when i was a kid loved the ot. And its cool to see the names in a mmj shop
  • Napoli
    544 posts Member
    My first two zetas were for R2 and I'm climbed safely from maybe Top 50-100 to almost always Top 50. I made sure to carefully mod him for certain purposes, mainly to have him act as multiple mod sets for each toon member. This involved leaving his speed a little slow (only 225) but really maxing what he gave to other toons so I could then mod those other toons differently.

When I did this and added in the right synergy, I jumped to Top 20 arena daily and can land #1 depending how active people are. At firsts I couldn't figure out how I could possibly belong up that high with the insane combos I was facing, but have decided it's probably the carefully modding strategy (I run Wiggs/R2/Cassian/K2).

So go for the zeta and expect to probably climb around 10 spots for each zeta. After that, if you go about it with purpose, you can jump very high. And the beautiful thing about his zetas is that he is so versatile you are rarely locked in with a single-purpose zeta you almost immediately regret.