Why hasn't the Flash event bug been fixed?

WrathofCaedus
1880 posts Member
edited June 2017
What's the deal with the final tier? Can't use Chopper and Sabine just happens to be the 1 Phoenix toon, out of 6, that has the most rng dependant shards. This is the 9th day now that this bug has been known, during a time sensitive event, and nothing has been done. Yet, an old cpl toons that turned into raid destroyers were nerfed immediately... someone even came in on Sunday for that issue and that wasn't even a bug. These toons represent millions of credits, hundred of purple mats, tons of gear, and effort for an event many can't do because of this bug. I sure hope those affected get compensated, it is nonsense that this has not been fixed yet and imo it's been intentionally "overlooked" so ppl spend to get Sabine to 5*....

Replies

• It's fixed.

Apparently, chopper was never meant to be the 5th toon. They reworded the event to adjust to this.

In other words, the devs got lazy and instead of legitimately fixing it, they just repackaged the bug as wai
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    TWD_Negan wrote: »
    It's fixed.

Apparently, chopper was never meant to be the 5th toon. They reworded the event to adjust to this.

In other words, the devs got lazy and instead of legitimately fixing it, they just repackaged the bug as wai
    All of that is wrong. It's not "fixed". They changed the wording of the description to accommodate the fact that they didn't have time to fix it before pushing the update for Thrawn out on Tuesday, to avoid confusion.
    Whether or not they'll actually fix it before the end of the event is another question entirely.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • TWD_Negan wrote: »
    It's fixed.

Either way it amounts to the same thing, another money grab. If that's how it was supposed to be then they should have made people aware prior to the event starting. But I don't believe that at all, I feel blatantly lied to yet again...
  • Here's the definition of Bait-and-switch from Wikipedia:
    Bait-and-switch is a form of fraud used in retail sales, but also employed in other contexts.

The intention of the bait-and-switch is to encourage purchases of substituted goods, making consumers satisfied with the available stock offered, as an alternative to a disappointment or inconvenience of acquiring no goods (or bait) at all, and reckoning on a seemingly partial recovery of sunk costs expended trying to obtain the bait. It suggests that the seller will not show the original product or service advertised but instead will demonstrate a more expensive product or a similar product with a higher margin.

Sound familiar??
  • The "fix" is done. The intention was always to give you Chopper, making all the others necessary. The bug was that it allowed you to think you could use any of the 5. That bug was fixed and it now tells you 4/5 if you do not have any of the 5 outside of Chopper at less than 5*. That was the bug that was fixed and it's now WAI. Good luck.

I don't see how this one is a money grab since you have until the end of the month to get Sabine to 5*. I still do not have her at 5* so I continue to farm. If I want to be impatient, I can spend to feed the "money grab," but I won't. So not sure why so many are so quick to call everything and I mean everything a money grab. it's a for profit business...

But yes, I agree that it's messed up that it requires a specific 5 at 5*. Oh well.
  • Veritasum wrote: »
    The "fix" is done. The intention was always to give you Chopper, making all the others necessary. The bug was that it allowed you to think you could use any of the 5. That bug was fixed and it now tells you 4/5 if you do not have any of the 5 outside of Chopper at less than 5*. That was the bug that was fixed and it's now WAI. Good luck.

I don't see how this one is a money grab since you have until the end of the month to get Sabine to 5*. I still do not have her at 5* so I continue to farm. If I want to be impatient, I can spend to feed the "money grab," but I won't. So not sure why so many are so quick to call everything and I mean everything a money grab. it's a for profit business...

But yes, I agree that it's messed up that it requires a specific 5 at 5*. Oh well.

But that's not guaranteed, especially for newer players that didn't have any of the Phoenix toons already, and even if they did we all know rng & how its possible to not see certain shards in whatever shop for extended periods of time. It's quite possible that some ftp won't 5* Sabine before Flash ends due to this fact.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Veritasum wrote: »
    The "fix" is done. The intention was always to give you Chopper, making all the others necessary. The bug was that it allowed you to think you could use any of the 5. That bug was fixed and it now tells you 4/5 if you do not have any of the 5 outside of Chopper at less than 5*. That was the bug that was fixed and it's now WAI. Good luck.

But that's not guaranteed, especially for newer players that didn't have any of the Phoenix toons already, and even if they did we all know rng & how its possible to not see certain shards in whatever shop for extended periods of time. It's quite possible that some ftp won't 5* Sabine before Flash ends due to this fact.
    Which is definitely why I'm hoping they're still working on a fix for the bug.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!

The wording "accomodate the bug" in the official announcement very strongly implies that we were supposed to be able to use any event toon as the sixth, not just Chopper. And from the declaration that things have been "fixed," also suggests that no further fixes will be forthcoming.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Veritasum wrote: »

The wording "accomodate the bug" in the official announcement very strongly implies that we were supposed to be able to use any event toon as the sixth, not just Chopper. And from the declaration that things have been "fixed," also suggests that no further fixes will be forthcoming.
    They never said "fixed". They said "the bug has been updated". It was listed under "Bug Fixes", but that doesn't mean they consider it fixed or done.
  • Pyrefly wrote: »
    They never said "fixed". They said "the bug has been updated". It was listed under "Bug Fixes", but that doesn't mean they consider it fixed or done.

You're correct on all accounts. The way it was handled sort of implies that it's all been "fixed" according to the best of their abilities. But the fact that the fix is so incredibly stupid leaves me wondering (hoping) that a better fix is still forthcoming.

The fact that I'm not really sure what the requirements for this event will end up being, when the event has already been underway for a week, is the most irritating part.

I'm going to be pessimistic and assume that this fix (as lame add it is) is going to be it.

I'll continue trying to farm Sabine on the hard node and in the guild store. I'm spending 100 crystals per day to get two extra guild store refreshes. But at my current rate it's looking very unlikely I will have a 5* Sabine before the 30th.

I implied this in an earlier post, but I'm going to say it plainly now. This entire Rise Up flash event has been nothing but a classic BAIT-AND-SWITCH scam. I'm only trying to recover sunk costs by farming Sabine so aggressively now. I never would have farmed any of the Phoenix Squad if the bonus tier hadn't originally falsely advertised a much easier requirement.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    I'll continue trying to farm Sabine on the hard node and in the guild store. I'm spending 100 crystals per day to get two extra guild store refreshes. But at my current rate it's looking very unlikely I will have a 5* Sabine before the 30th.
    You need at most 65 shards, looking at your profile. The hard node is a 33% chance, so you should average a shard a day. There are 4 possible characters in Sabine's slot in the guild shop, so you have a 25% chance there. You're getting 5 chances at the shop, which means you should average 6.25 shards per day from the guild shop.
    7.25 shards a day over 15 days is 108.75 shards on average.
    Barring bad RNG, you should make it with time to spare. Of course, RNG is RNG, so there's no guarantee.
  • J_Starseed
    325 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    They specifically said that it was a bug that you couldn't use chopper that would fixed this week. Then they decided to alter the event to make the bug the actual requirements. Unless what they told the youtubers at ea play was inaccurate. Either way many people like myself starred, leveled and geared chopper because of it. Not really very friendly customer service. Am I missing something? Unless I am at the very least an apology would be nice....
  • J_Starseed wrote: »
    They specifically said that it was a bug that you couldn't use chopper that would fixed this week. Then they decided to alter the event to make the bug the actual requirements. Unless what they told the youtubers at ea play was inaccurate. Either way many people like myself starred, leveled and geared chopper because of it. Not really very friendly customer service. Am I missing something? Unless I am at the very least an apology would be nice....

Where did they specifically say that the bug was that you couldn't use chopper?
  • What's the deal with the final tier? Can't use Chopper and Sabine just happens to be the 1 Phoenix toon, out of 6, that has the most rng dependant shards. This is the 9th day now that this bug has been known, during a time sensitive event, and nothing has been done. Yet, an old cpl toons that turned into raid destroyers were nerfed immediately... someone even came in on Sunday for that issue and that wasn't even a bug. These toons represent millions of credits, hundred of purple mats, tons of gear, and effort for an event many can't do because of this bug. I sure hope those affected get compensated, it is nonsense that this has not been fixed yet and imo it's been intentionally "overlooked" so ppl spend to get Sabine to 5*....

The bug in question was determined to be the player ... the bug was "fixed." So you get the chance to see 4/5 required characters!
  • Bug? Mate, haven't you heard the news?
    Its a feature
  • TWD_Negan wrote: »

So like in all aspects of this game really. Bad and laze devs are the biggest downfall.

Of course it's not guaranteed. Is it supposed to be? Is it guaranteed that I get 10 cuffs from 100 energy spent? It's a flash event that will likely return or the rewards will return in one form or another. I understand it's frustrating, but if you don't/can't/won't spend money on the game, why does it need to be guaranteed for you? Even people who spend aren't guaranteed many things because of RNG and the way the business model is.

I don't understand how people that do not spend money on the game, expect or feel entitled to everything right out of the gate. What's the advantage of the paying customer? What should it be if f2p demand that every event, difficulty, etc. is designed for them? Come on now. If you don't get it this time, there will be a next time. The mere fact someone is f2p means they're more patient than the spenders anyway.
  • @Veritasum You're completely missing the point. ( And I'm pretty far off from ftp myself ) What I'm upset about is that this was a bug, it was not WAI. Instead of fixing the issue the devs chose to reword the description, obviously hoping more ppl would spend more money as they were not as prepared as they should have been. It was lazy, and borderline dishonest. I'm upset about wasting resources; credits, gear, ability mats... on a toon that is now unable to be used in the only tier that requires your own toons. On a toon that has no value to me other than for Flash. Yes, I included others in my OP, ftp in particular as those resources mean even more to them than to myself. I'm upset about the waste, as well as what amounts to a bait & switch. Had it been stated from the start in the event details I'd have no issue. But that's not what happened.
  • @Veritasum You're completely missing the point. ( And I'm pretty far off from ftp myself ) What I'm upset about is that this was a bug, it was not WAI. Instead of fixing the issue the devs chose to reword the description, obviously hoping more ppl would spend more money as they were not as prepared as they should have been. It was lazy, and borderline dishonest. I'm upset about wasting resources; credits, gear, ability mats... on a toon that is now unable to be used in the only tier that requires your own toons. On a toon that has no value to me other than for Flash. Yes, I included others in my OP, ftp in particular as those resources mean even more to them than to myself. I'm upset about the waste, as well as what amounts to a bait & switch. Had it been stated from the start in the event details I'd have no issue. But that's not what happened.

As I mentioned, I think it sucks the way that played out. However, unlike many, I'm not a conspiracy buff thinking that behind every move (good and bad/dumb) the devs make is some great scheme to fool people into spending money. The game's business model and profitability are beyond clear and obvious to me, so to me, it does not make sense that they just draw in the sand all day coming up with ways to fool their customers.

As I said, I am going after Thrawn and if I want him at 7*, I'll need 5 Phoenix at 7*. That's not happening with Sabine so I am working on the other 5 as well. If someone works up Phoenix just for the flash event and not Thrawn...I don't know, that seems like it's not too much of a good trade off for that player.

I'll believe that they want you to work up all 6 one way or the other, but the bug/oops IMO was more incompetence and not nefarious.
  • If Chopper was the event character, why would you think they'd also intend for you to be able to use your own chopper character as well?

Wipe your tears and start farming. You have the option of accumulating shard shop currency to get her to 5* too. That's what I'm doing.
    @Veritasum You're completely missing the point. ( And I'm pretty far off from ftp myself ) What I'm upset about is that this was a bug, it was not WAI. Instead of fixing the issue the devs chose to reword the description, obviously hoping more ppl would spend more money as they were not as prepared as they should have been. It was lazy, and borderline dishonest. I'm upset about wasting resources; credits, gear, ability mats... on a toon that is now unable to be used in the only tier that requires your own toons. On a toon that has no value to me other than for Flash. Yes, I included others in my OP, ftp in particular as those resources mean even more to them than to myself. I'm upset about the waste, as well as what amounts to a bait & switch. Had it been stated from the start in the event details I'd have no issue. But that's not what happened.

As I mentioned, I think it sucks the way that played out. However, unlike many, I'm not a conspiracy buff thinking that behind every move (good and bad/dumb) the devs make is some great scheme to fool people into spending money. The game's business model and profitability are beyond clear and obvious to me, so to me, it does not make sense that they just draw in the sand all day coming up with ways to fool their customers.

As I said, I am going after Thrawn and if I want him at 7*, I'll need 5 Phoenix at 7*. That's not happening with Sabine so I am working on the other 5 as well. If someone works up Phoenix just for the flash event and not Thrawn...I don't know, that seems like it's not too much of a good trade off for that player.

I'll believe that they want you to work up all 6 one way or the other, but the bug/oops IMO was more incompetence and not nefarious.

Incompetence or Nefarious... are we talking devs or is this the darth jar jar debate? :p
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Here's the definition of Bait-and-switch from Wikipedia:
    Bait-and-switch is a form of fraud used in retail sales, but also employed in other contexts.

The intention of the bait-and-switch is to encourage purchases of substituted goods, making consumers satisfied with the available stock offered, as an alternative to a disappointment or inconvenience of acquiring no goods (or bait) at all, and reckoning on a seemingly partial recovery of sunk costs expended trying to obtain the bait. It suggests that the seller will not show the original product or service advertised but instead will demonstrate a more expensive product or a similar product with a higher margin.

Sound familiar??

See: Fulcrum
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    pac0naut wrote: »

Sound familiar??

She's so not disappointing. She requires max abilities, but she lays waste to most every toon (Zarriss can shut her down, but that's okay). I stay 1st with her, with a Wedge lead (+R2, and Chaze), and can easily destroy the best Triple Cleanse Nilly team out there.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    pac0naut wrote: »

Sound familiar??

She's so not disappointing. She requires max abilities, but she lays waste to most every toon (Zarriss can shut her down, but that's okay). I stay 1st with her, with a Wedge lead (+R2, and Chaze), and can easily destroy the best Triple Cleanse Nilly team out there.

She's not ENTIRELY disappointing, however, we saw her OHKO a Baze with protection, GK, etc. etc. I feel we didn't get what was advertised.

And before anyone even goes there, mine is modded for CC / 216% CD with a decent amount of speed, 7*, max gear, Omegas and the Zeta..
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • The only real issue with the requirements for the bonus tier was how they were communicated to us by the devs. It is clear as day now that you were never intended to be able to use your own Chopper for the bonus tier. If you go back to the original thread pointing out the bug, the one where the dev said that this was an "edge case," you'll see that the issue he was addressing was that the player was able to enter the event without Sabine at 5* and then got kicked with a message saying he didn't meet the requirements. He should have never been able to enter it at all, which is what the dev was saying. The dev's response was horribly and vaguely written so that we had no idea whether he was saying the player should have been able to use his own Chopper or whether he shouldn't have been able to enter. We now know what he meant based on how they fixed the issue.

Now everyone is up in arms about the fix because they think they were simply changing the event to match the bug, but that is not at all what they were doing. They always intended for you to need her at 5*, and that Chopper would be given to you as an event character. I do blame CG for the miscommunication though - they didn't make it clear in the original description that you needed Sabine. They did a horrible job of making that clear to everyone, but everything is working as intended now.