Really cool and interesting idea for an ultra legendary character

Prev1
Bossak
119 posts Member
I was thinking about a really cool way to unlock a toon after they released thrawn, the 4th legendary toon. In the near future I can see the devs releasing jango fett as a legendary toon farmable from either bounty hunters or clones, and then another light side character to balance the scale of 3-2 out, possibly OG chewy, light saber Rey, padme, C-3p0, I dunno some light side hero. Anyways, I thought it would be a really cool idea if they created an ultra legendary hero that can only be unlocked by using 5 legendary toons. Essentially, a player must effectively gear, level, and Star a total of 30 characters to eventually unlock this ultra rare toon. Now who do you ask might be good for this exclusive position? Well my first thought was of course luke, but I would much rather see him be developed through some sort of progression model ( this would also make him more accessible to lower level players as getting 5 legendary toons is not easy). However, I think that Revan would be the perfect match for this spot, as he was in fact light and dark side orientated, which the team that will be needed to unlock him will be comprised of both light and dark side characters.

So what do you think? I really like this idea and think that revan fits the bill perfectly.

Replies

• Jango Fett doesn't really have the reputation of a legendary. It's a good idea though. Revan, Jedi Luke, Satele Shan are good ideas for legendaries
  • Yes. And make it so that GK can also beused
  • Vader should have been the ultimate legendary toon
  • bolobaby
    275 posts Member
    Revan? Don't be absurd. He's a lot less legendary than Luke. Unless, of course, you were born after 1995, then... YEAH, REVAN!!!
  • Bennehftw
    316 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Luke is a poop monger. (The T word version of that is censored for some stupid reason)

Revan was a god.

Take the best scenes from the original trilogy and compare them to the worst scenes of Revan.

I mean, I guess Luke can be the new Leia wearing a skimpy suit and chain for Revan
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Jango Fett doesn't really have the reputation of a legendary. It's a good idea though. Revan, Jedi Luke, Satele Shan are good ideas for legendaries

You spelled Bastilla Shan wrong.
  • bolobaby
    275 posts Member
    Bennehftw wrote: »
    Luke is a poop monger. (The T word version of that is censored for some **** reason)

Revan was a god.

Take the best scenes from the original trilogy and compare them to the worst scenes of Revan.

I mean, I guess Luke can be the new Leia wearing a skimpy suit and chain for Revan

Sounds like you need to watch RedLetterMedia's review of the Phantom Menace. Not because it has anything to do with Revan, but it explains why the lightsaber duel between Vader and Obi Wan was so great. It's something that is lost on the current CGI generation.
  • Bennehftw
    316 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I've watched it before.

You can blame it all on everything all you want, what is shown is what is shown. I don't see how you can watch two decrepit old men fighting with glowing canes and be like omg, this is the best stuff ever. I've never seen the two strongest beings in the universe fight so epically. No one in the future or past could ever surmount to their greatness.

Not.

Doesn't change that Luke's still crap.

Even Jar jar could've beat his **** with that choreography
  • Bennehftw wrote: »
    I've watched it before.

You can blame it all on everything all you want, what is shown is what is shown. I don't see how you can watch two decrepit old men fighting with glowing canes and be like omg, this is the best stuff ever. I've never seen the two strongest beings in the universe fight so epically. No one in the future or past could ever surmount to their greatness.

Not.

Doesn't change that Luke's still ****.

Lol you must be some Millenial
  • Bennehftw wrote: »
    I've watched it before.

Not.

Doesn't change that Luke's still ****.

Wow, technical and cinematography progress over DECADES totally is nonexistent, apparently.
  • No. Jango Fett ain't legendary.
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    What's the deal with Jango anyway, I don't see how people like him. He got like 5 mins of screen time and got beheaded by Mace.

His character would basically be Boba with a different skin. He brings nothing new to the table.

There are far more interesting options in canon.
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    Omeah wrote: »
    Waez wrote: »
    What's the deal with Jango anyway, I don't see how people like him. He got like 5 mins of screen time and got beheaded by Mace.

His character would basically be Boba with a different skin. He brings nothing new to the table.

Ppl keep pointing out who has how much screentime and it's **** annoying
    Emperor Palpatine (not the Chancellor-Sidious version) had 7 mins of screen time - how can he be a legendary character?
    Tarkin had 5 mins of screen time - why do we even have him then?
    Grievous barely broke 6 mins of screen time - why is he the hardest farm?
    Darth Maul had 6 mins of screen time - how could he be a meta character?

If Jango doesn't have a place because he had only 5 mins of screen time (with an epic fight with Obi-Wan), than how do we have Wedge (3 mins), Ackbar (3 mins), Phasma (<2 mins), Cody (1 min) or Biggs (1 min)?

Star Wars is much more than the movies

As you said yourself, there is much more than the movies.

Palpatine's character is fleshed out by the entire prequels + clone Wars appearances. He's also one of the main villain and the Emperor of the Galactic Empire. He IS a legendary character.

Tarkin has more screen time in TCW and Rogue One, which gives some insights on his youth and the way he operates.

Grievous is one of the main villain of TCW, and an extraordinary tactician and a skilled fighter. He's also a very unique character, being a Droid lightsaber user. He gets A LOT of screen time and epic battles in TCW.

The same can be said for Maul, who plays a major role in TCW and Rebels.

All the characters you quote have a backstory, a relationship with important characters and are unique, distinct individuals.

Meanwhile what we know about Jango:

- Bounty hunter
    - Gave his DNA for clones

Aaaaaand that's it. We have no information and 0 character development.
    He's basically discount Boba. Just a cool nod from George Lucas to the OT and Boba.

He's not in the SW universe as a character, he's in it as an explanation for why Clones are pretty good soldiers.
  • Morpheus
    279 posts Member
    Vitiate - AOE annihilate
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Nice idea but late ... such a title "ultra legendary" would fit to Yoda and/or Palpatine.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Achilles wrote: »
    Nice idea but late ... such a title "ultra legendary" would fit to Yoda and/or Palpatine.

We still don't have Jedi Luke >:)

Oh, i forgot about the farmer boy who became worlds hero number 1 over night! :lol:
    Maybe.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    jejuzang wrote: »
    Jango Fett doesn't really have the reputation of a legendary. It's a good idea though. Revan, Jedi Luke, Satele Shan are good ideas for legendaries

You spelled Bastilla Shan wrong.

So did you. Bastila.
  • UltimateSeaDog
    1689 posts Member
    edited June 2017

Emperor Palpatine (not the Chancellor-Sidious version) had 7 mins of screen time - how can he be a legendary character?

If Jango doesn't have a place because he had only 5 mins of screen time (with an epic fight with Obi-Wan), than how do we have Wedge (3 mins), Ackbar (3 mins), Phasma (<2 mins), Cody (1 min) or Biggs (1 min)?

Ok...
    Jango doesn't appear in ANY TCW EPISODE or any Canon book I know of.
    EP has tons of books/comics etc.
    Tarkin has a NOVEL.
    Grievous appears in tons of TCW episodes.
    Maul appears in TCW and Rebels.
    Wedge and Biggs have tons of Legends material for them. And wiggs has a long history, search it up.
    Ackbar features in many Canon materials. And he is in TFA.
    Phasma appears in new Canon comics.
    Cody appears in tons of TCW episodes.

Did I miss something?
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Ackbar features in many Canon materials. And he is in TFA.

Did I miss something?
    Ackbar also appears in TCW series ... he is no Admiral at this time (too early), but its him.
    Left by design.
  • Omeah wrote: »

As you said yourself, there is much more than the movies.

Palpatine's character is fleshed out by the entire prequels + clone Wars appearances. He's also one of the main villain and the Emperor of the Galactic Empire. He IS a legendary character.

Tarkin has more screen time in TCW and Rogue One, which gives some insights on his youth and the way he operates.

Grievous is one of the main villain of TCW, and an extraordinary tactician and a skilled fighter. He's also a very unique character, being a Droid lightsaber user. He gets A LOT of screen time and epic battles in TCW.

The same can be said for Maul, who plays a major role in TCW and Rebels.

All the characters you quote have a backstory, a relationship with important characters and are unique, distinct individuals.

Meanwhile what we know about Jango:

- Bounty hunter
    - Gave his DNA for clones

Aaaaaand that's it. We have no information and 0 character development.
    He's basically discount Boba. Just a cool nod from George Lucas to the OT and Boba.

He's not in the SW universe as a character, he's in it as an explanation for why Clones are pretty good soldiers.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jango_Fett/Legends
    Yeah, we know nothing about him...
    Also what about Wedge, Biggs, Ackbar or Phasma?

Well to be fair, phasma's time isn't finished yet as we only have episode 7 currently, but she is in episode 8 and potentially episode 9 depending what happens. Also, if we take just the screen times into account for their "bid" to be legendary toons, then out of the characters you listed, none of those are legendaries either so Jango having equivalent screen time to them does not help your argument
  • Personally I think this whole Jango hype and following is the result of the OT generation and the massive following that boba has, except that boba has a ton more content surrounding him compared to Jango, it's like the newer generation took the boba hype and just applied it to Jango because he's a "newer" character
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    like Thrawn, Jango is definitely not a legendary character... really sad to see they categorize Thrawn in the same sort of way as the real Legendary Palpatine, Yoda & R2.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Skill - "Hold my Beer" - Insta gimps any character on opposing team, ignores taunt. "Character hands his beer to ally (must have ally alive), and proceeds to attack targeted character. SoandSo, somehow inexplicably succeeds; however dies in the attempt.
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    bolobaby wrote: »
    Revan? Don't be absurd. He's a lot less legendary than Luke. Unless, of course, you were born after 1995, then... YEAH, REVAN!!!

Any character can be identified as legendary after Thrawn, and Revan deserves it 1000 times more.