How Stormtroopers should of been reworked

Tedbeast
218 posts Member
edited June 2017
I haven't tried Stormtroopers at max level & omegaed since the (laughable) faction rework, so I don't know if he's been 'fixed', but from forum chatter I don't think he has.

One thing I feel the Devs missed out on, is whenever the Stormtrooper when under an Imperial leader is defeated a new one should replace him (an auto rez), as long that leader is still alive. Scariff troopers do this, but where is my endless supply of Stormtroopers to overwhelm my enemy? (Maybe change the name of the special and add another unique called Wall of Stormtroopers)

Clarification to a new one: cooldowns reset, max protection, & health (but still leave him the 'squishiest' tank).
I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Replies

• Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options
    Tedbeast wrote: »
    I haven't tried Stormtroopers at max level & omegaed since the (laughable) faction rework, so I don't know if he's been 'fixed', but from forum chatter I don't think he has.

One thing I feel the Devs missed out on, is whenever the Stormtrooper when under an Imperial leader is defeated a new one should replace him (an auto rez), as long that leader is still alive. Scariff troopers do this, but where is my endless supply of Stormtroopers to overwhelm my enemy? (Maybe change the name of the special and add another unique called Wall of Stormtroopers)

Clarification to a new one: cooldowns reset, max protection, & health (but still leave him the 'squishiest' tank).

Well, since the unique ability is named as Wall of Stormtroopers, this actually makes sense. +1
  • Options
    I like him I run troopers just started not as competitive yet as I do t have them maxed but better than my other teams against Rex chaze and Rex wiggs chaze. His TM removal is awesome. Also his expose and he does insane damage sometimes
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    *Should have
  • Options
    *Should have
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    Options
    Boreas wrote: »

Well, since the unique ability is named as Wall of Stormtroopers, this actually makes sense. +1

Yeah ur right, for some reason I thought it was his special, EVEN BETTER
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    FWiW I always thought that Grievous (and Nute!) should get this ability and replace any of the seperatist droids under his command whenever they died. I mean in the movies/canon they had essentially an unlimited supply of droids. might as well use that.

It'd obviously go hand-in-hand with a release of some of the NPC separatist droids as playable toons.
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    FWiW I always thought that Grievous (and Nute!) should get this ability and replace any of the seperatist droids under his command whenever they died. I mean in the movies/canon they had essentially an unlimited supply of droids. might as well use that.

It'd obviously go hand-in-hand with a release of some of the NPC separatist droids as playable toons.

FWiW?

And no, no seperastist love, they were always spose to lose, that was always Sidious/Tyranus's endgame.
  • Options
    They should also have very poor accuracy against Rebels and increased accuracy against Ewoks.
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    Options
    Reinhardt wrote: »
    They should also have very poor accuracy against Rebels and increased accuracy against Ewoks.

Maybe just decreased accuracy against any Rebel with a Leader ability.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    Interesting concept. I would actually prefer this idea if they ever introduced B1 Battle Droid.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    Options
    Omeah wrote: »

It always saddens me when ppl say Stormtroopers can't shoot... Man, they were ordered to miss in the scene it comes from...

To quote Old Ben in A New Hope:
    "These blast points... too accurate for Sand People. Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

Yeah, it drives me crazy when so-called 'fans' of Star Wars say Stormtroopers can't hit anything. Their missing is clearly a cinematic device for story telling (can't have main characters dying or there would be no movie) as well as this theory. They made it a clear point to explicitly say something in dialogue because it wasn't readily apparent through observation.
  • Options

It always saddens me when ppl say Stormtroopers can't shoot... Man, they were ordered to miss in the scene it comes from...

"These blast points... too accurate for Sand People. Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

Yeah, it drives me crazy when so-called 'fans' of Star Wars say Stormtroopers can't hit anything. Their missing is clearly a cinematic device for story telling (can't have main characters dying or there would be no movie) as well as this theory. They made it a clear point to explicitly say something in dialogue because it wasn't readily apparent through observation.

It drives me crazy when people take an obvious joke as a literal statement and get sad/crazy over it.
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    Options

It drives me crazy when people take an obvious joke as a literal statement and get sad/crazy over it.

Most of the time though, they aren't joking. They are just picking on Stormtroopers. Stormtroopers are people too! They have families, Rebel scum like to dehumanize them, to justify their own terrorists motives!