Is there any value in running a Rogue 1 rebel team in arena

On offense (esp with R2) I can roll through with ZJyn/Cassian/Chaze, but I have yet to see a scenario where they don't get easily smoked on D to a point they fall sharply in arena.

Has anyone found a respectable combo to run a R1 team that doesn't get obliterated on D? I know D doesn't hold during endgame arena, but curious to see if anyone has found a combo that doesn't get literally demolished easily.

Replies

• I dunno how useful Cassian on offense, but Zyn with chaze is tons of healing, therefore make things easy on offense and pain in the ... On defense. Might be very useful in defens, I dunno why we don't see that combo. But I'd suggest anyway combine those 3 with GK/R2D2/Nihilus/Wiggs... If I'd see team with Cass and K2so, I'd prolly hit it.
  • Psilosin
    163 posts Member
    Cassian is awesome with Jyn. His first special drops the debuffs that lead to exposes under Jyn lead, then his second special takes all the debuffs from the whole team and sticks them on a single target. Sometime that leads to 5 or 6 exposes on that target leading to a one hit kill from anyone.

On defense K2 is better to have than R2. I have also found when I sub B2 in for K2 I drop less overnight, and I don't think its because he is actually better than K2 but I think more people think of B2 as a pain in the butt so are more likely to avoid me.
  • Warstaaker
    20 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I ran a R1 team in arena for about a month. They got me consistently in the top 60 and sometimes to the 30s. However, like others have pointed out, they would drop 20-70 places overnight on defense. Even gearing them to g11 and two zetas didn't really help. I ultimately switched to a Rex cleanse team and now hold in top 30. It was too bad to. They are really fun to play. If your goal is top 100 they are great. If it's higher you have to go Meta.
    SWGOH NAME:Pan
  • Options like Rex, GK or Nihilus are just more solid than zJyn and Cassian.
    They're easy targets.
    zJyn lead doesn't offer turn meter boosts or reductions. Arena is a lot about turn order/ speed. Potency is kind of a wasted stat too - strong teams won't stack tenacity or bring Tenacity Up. If you want a rebels leader, wedge offers more.
    Jyn isn't doing well on defense as a character.

Chaze are seriously strong of course but I wouldn't bring any other R1 guys into arena really. It's much more effective to put Chaze as a duo into a Rex, Maul or Thrawn team.
    Rebels work incredibly well as Wiggs+ATF+R2 with GK. But that's not Rogue at all.

That being said, a full R1 team with Jyn, Chaze, Cassian and K2 or an R2/ATF isn't "that bad", it's not an Ewoks or Jawas team. But it won't net you top 20 or better ranks on a decent shard. Keep in mind they're growing "old", they're not in their prime anymore. They were more viable before characters like Nihilus, R2 and ATF were released.
  • Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    zJyn, Chaze, zzR2, GK/zATF could be a somewhat decent team.
  • Sigh, sad but true ... you guys confirmed a lot of my suspicions but at least they are fun to use! :'(
  • Sigh, sad but true ... you guys confirmed a lot of my suspicions but at least they are fun to use! :'(

I run zJyn, zCassian, R2z2, Chaze. I finish top 10 consistently and get 1 pretty often. I haven't been dropping past 15 since I got past the 48k arena power mark.
  • Whazn
    262 posts Member
    Same. I can take number 1 no problem with r1 + r2 from even triple cleanse teams. I usually stay top 20. Zeta on combat analysis was super helpful. Helps against the zmaul and nihilus leads on defense. Doesn't stand a chance vs triple cleanse on defense though... I've seen my cass throw his debuff into tenacity up...
  • Weeeeee
    20 posts Member
    I'm usually Hovering around 10th to 30th with my team.

Cassian is EXTREMELY underrated!