team with Thrawn actually doing well on D, any advice?

M_L
469 posts Member
the only thrawn team i fought against so far, zVader lead, SA, DN, Thrawn, GK

my team was, Rex, r2z2, DN, zKylo, GK.

i think maybe my approach was wrong, but i was trying to stun Thrawn and basically never was able to stun him out of 3 or 4 tries... and obviously his SA made his fast enough for those perma dots to land

any advice on whether my team can even beat him? I thought maybe next time i can go to stunning DN inbetween GK taunts instead? OR should i try to kill Vader? that seems unlikely due to his tankiness

or do i have to think about an entirely different team? sigh

Replies

• Just so you know, Zader is a Rex counter. You will have a harder time against that team under Rex lead.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    hmm, really? i never had any issues with fighing zVader with Rex before... .maybe 'cause i had zKylo on my team?

what's the reasoning of zVader being a rex counter? i was also considering this team against the zVader with Thrawn... GK lead, zBArriss, r2, DN, zKylo, would that work better against this team?

honestly i'm not sure what else i have that'd work against this composition and that's an interesting question to have. i don't have zMaul or much Empire built up.
  • Thrawn has 100% tenacity.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    actually this guy's thrawn wasn't even zeta'd on the unique, so +50% tenacity, no? and still i couldn't stun him at all. So is Thrawn actually making tenacity something to consider now? he can never be debuffed? wow, can someone confirm that? i admit i probably made some tactical errors when facing this team. Do i have a shot if i just work around Thrawn?
  • M_L wrote: »
    actually this guy's thrawn wasn't even zeta'd on the unique, so +50% tenacity, no? and still i couldn't stun him at all. So is Thrawn actually making tenacity something to consider now? he can never be debuffed? wow, can someone confirm that? i admit i probably made some tactical errors when facing this team. Do i have a shot if i just work around Thrawn?

Note that he only gets increased tenacity when an enemy is fractured... make sure to stun him before he fractures someone.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    ahhhhhh, i probably wasn't even paying attention to when someone on my side was fractured.... ugh, any tips on fighting a team like i described? if i don't get a chance to stun thrawn before he fractures someone, should i concentrate on Dn first, or Vader? SA is out of hte question since i feel like she was in stealth most of the fight
  • It's more like Vader and Rex is a coin flip - depends on crits you get from the AOEs - but the uncleansable DoTs are nice against Rex. It's a race to have Vader or Sid go first before Ten up is in place.

Vader lead with a fast SA + DN can be very punishing. I've been running those 3 in arena ever since R2 hit - the TM reduction + DoTs and the CD from DN can really pin teams back if you can get SA ahead of the cleansers to push up the other Sith.
  • M_L wrote: »
    hmm, really? i never had any issues with fighing zVader with Rex before... .maybe 'cause i had zKylo on my team?

what's the reasoning of zVader being a rex counter? i was also considering this team against the zVader with Thrawn... GK lead, zBArriss, r2, DN, zKylo, would that work better against this team?

honestly i'm not sure what else i have that'd work against this composition and that's an interesting question to have. i don't have zMaul or much Empire built up.
    Zader is great vs Rex because cleanses mean nothing with DoT stack. Still trying to figure out a strat for you to beat him but it's hard to gauge without knowing so many factors - speed, gear, etc. How are you on these and how is he?
  • I'd say a sith team, (with a faster SA would be better) to use CD increase and get him from fracture. Or maybe Boba Speedy Gonzales Feet to AB him for 2 turns. Haven't face him yet. Maybe tomorrow.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    ugh, yikes. I guess previously i'd just eat the Perma DOTs from zVAder and can still consistently win on offense. Now with thrawn, Vader, DN, and GK, 4 of the 5 are tanky enough that i can't take any of them fast enough.

back to the drawing board i guess. I don't have zMaul or SA anywhere close. Was hoping to at least win on Offense. oh well, maybe i'll give it another shot or maybe i'll just work around this team. kinda sad tho, my streak of at least beating any team on offense is over due to thrawn

i was wondering benching r2 since against this team I don't need the Burn. but honestly not sure who to put in. even my GK led alternative team, if i sit r2, i'm left with, GK, zBarriss, DN, zKylo being my strongest.... who'd be a fifth? I have a mostly max'd Boba and JKA, or maybe toss B2 in there to at least work around GK more easily?

bah, what i learnt from this battle mostly is that Thrawn's pretty good, ha