Training Droid Hunt - Is this some kind of joke?

Stodie
45 posts Member
edited February 2016
There are only two Tiers available. Tier 1 & Tier II. Tier II is only available for level 70. Tier 1 only gives 2x3* and 2x2* training droids. That does nothing for my characters that are in the 50's and weeks away from ever getting to 70. This is for 20 energy...ridiculous.

Previously, for 50 energy I could get plenty of high level training droids. I would have to run approximately 400 energy to be worth what I could use to get for 50. How on earth is this a better change with this update?

Replies

• I don't understand this. Seriously. Spending 20 energy in regular missions is much better
  • Triqui wrote: »
    I don't understand this. Seriously. Spending 20 energy in regular missions is much better

I didn't even think about it but you're right, there is no reason to run the missions anymore...you're better off trying for mats and getting the occasional training droid drop
  • Don't forget that energy has lost its value, as it is easier to obtain. I understand this change, seeing as on average (given the circumstances that you redeem the three daily energy boosts), you receive around 135 energy for free. This can be used for the two Events.
  • There needs to be more ways to get training droids
  • Dashboard wrote: »
    Don't forget that energy has lost its value, as it is easier to obtain. I understand this change, seeing as on average (given the circumstances that you redeem the three daily energy boosts), you receive around 135 energy for free. This can be used for the two Events.

I don't think you understand the severity of the issue. The last time I did it as a keycard I spent 200 energy and leveled up about 6 characters from 55-57. Even if I were to spend 400 energy with this new system I couldn't even level one character from 55-57. Taking the free energy into consideration it still doesn't provide even a fraction of the old value.
  • This probably disappointed me most about this update. The previous event setup made it easier to power up my collection, and now leveling seems like it's going to be a drag.
  • Dashboard wrote: »
    Don't forget that energy has lost its value, as it is easier to obtain. I understand this change, seeing as on average (given the circumstances that you redeem the three daily energy boosts), you receive around 135 energy for free. This can be used for the two Events.

The way you're sticking up for this is suspect. Maybe you are a company shill in which case you need to get off the forum because no sane person would call this a positive update.
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Hard truth for the devs:

This "refactored" keycard table is absolutely horrible and made an account just to say this. They already nerfed credit gains so hard the last update or so from the challenges, which net you around 200k per, now this in addition to the far worse xp training droids. At higher level play, I find myself scrounging around for what little credits I can hope to get, I feel like a space hobo with how much stuff costs to promote. So sad, this game started out quite possibly the best free to play mobile game I have ever played. My how they have fallen, just another money grab tactic. Good job guys, I would have gladly spent some more money on this, but then underhanded schemes like this always find their way into free to play games. Now you have the audacity to charge $85 (in Canada) for this Jedi bundle, how convenient that it should fall in line with the new Yoda event, you aren't fooling anyone.
  • Gravton83
    20 posts Member
    edited February 2016

lol edited, i read above.
  • puru
    161 posts Member
    It is absolutely laughable. They expect level 60+ people to spend 20 energy on 2* & 3* droids. Ha ha ha.

They could have simply removed the keycard battles instead of insulting our intelligence like this.
  • The point isn't if the old or the new method is a better value, the point is that the amount of training droids offered is an insult. They want you to spend money to unlock characters...and when you do they make it impossible to keep most of your characters trained. It's always been that way and likely always will be. If you want to be able to use the toys they give you, it's going to cost you. They aren't interested in helping you train your characters easily, they are only interested in making money. Getting you to spend your energy for an insulting amount of training droids is just another way for them to try and squeeze money out of people. None of the training droid battles that every have or do exist have really been much help. At the end of the day if you want to keep a good amount of characters at your current level the only way to do it is by spending crystals to purchase the good stuff from the regular shipment store. Refreshing the items and buying more. So it basically cost 110 crystals to get 7 additional 5 star droids. It's a shame such a fun game is so greedy. I've spent about a quarter of the money I did on this game for marvels future fight and have achieved about the same amount of progress. Cause they aren't hyper focused on squeezing every dollar they can from you. Then with all the money they make off this game they still have giant bugs not being corrected. Guess we don't always get what we pay for.
  • The worst part about changes like this is that it simply magnifies the disparity between the upper and lower echelon of players. Just keep widening that gap and see how many of the lower tier players decide to stay and invest.
  • If you use all the new daily energy on the t2 training droids event, you will get a minimum of 36k character xp.
  • The developers DRASTICALLY turned up the "Friction" (elements we must bypass that stop us from playing, completing, or enjoying aspects of the game) when they increased the level cap to 70.... since the increase was NOT accompanied by an increase in non-paying abilities to aid in bypassing the said friction..... more and more players are hitting a brick "wall".... this is NOT good for the game as a whole AT ALL. Therefore they shouldn't give us access to credits/droids earning techniques that are IN LINE with what they were when the level cap was 60..... they need to SURPASS previous levels to help us combat the friction!

*stepping off soapbox*