Palpatine zeta suggestions

Allenb60
2171 posts Member
edited June 2017
Emperor of the Galactic Empire
+3% potency and max health for ally Empire and Sith, -3% potency and evasion for enemy Rebels and Jedi. In addition Vader's leader ability is active for himself as a unique ability, Royal Guard dispels all debuffs on himself and taunts for 1 turn when he uses a special ability, Palpatine gains defense equal to 50% of Royal Guard's defense if Royal Guard is present and +50% critical avoidance if Vader is present
Crackling Doom
Shock on enemies can't be dispelled if they have another debuff that can be dispelled
This is what I would like to see in his zeta abilities, some thematic synergy with Vader and Royal Guard, but what does he really need?
Less overpowered version
Emperor of the Galactic Empire
+3% potency and max health for ally Empire and Sith, -3% potency and evasion for enemy Rebels and Jedi. Vader gains 15% offense, Royal Guard dispels all debuffs on himself and taunts for 1 turn when he uses a special ability, Palpatine gains defense equal to 50% of Royal Guard's defense if Royal Guard is present and +50% critical avoidance if Vader is present
Crackling Doom
Shock on enemies can't be dispelled for one turn after being inflicted if they have another debuff that can be dispelled
Post edited by Allenb60 on

Replies

• The lead seems a bit broken with Vaders lead being active but I really like the idea of the shock not being able to be dispelled and feel like it fits with the story line also. Also to add on to crackling doom, whenever palpatine falls below full health or is critically hit RG taunts
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    I tried to calculate my Darth Vader's HP/PR after this added bonus. My calculator caught on fire.
  • Bennehftw
    316 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    My repost from the other EP thread:

Honestly he's fine as it is.

I was thinking of something to help his glaring weakness which is his health/defense.

Unique Zeta Crackling doom. For each shocked enemy, increase health and defense by 25%, and everytime crackling doom triggers drain that much damage into HP.

Pretty OP, but also easily circumvented. A shock/Stun/health block/tenacity up all counter it.

Only issue would be P3 where Palp may survive to enrage. So maybe nerf it to half values all around. 12.5% health/defense/half damage drained to HP.

Leader Zeta: in addition, -32% crit chance and crit damage to rebel and Jedi enemies. All empire/Sith allies do 20% more damage to shocked enemies.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    The lead seems a bit broken with Vaders lead being active but I really like the idea of the shock not being able to be dispelled and feel like it fits with the story line also. Also to add on to crackling doom, whenever palpatine falls below full health or is critically hit RG taunts

I wanted to word it so only Vader's DoT effects could re-apply, to make it less powerful, but didn't since it is already a lot of text. Thanks for the feedback
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    I tried to calculate my Darth Vader's HP/PR after this added bonus. My calculator caught on fire.

Should be Vader's health multiplied by 1.35?
    Bennehftw wrote: »
    My repost from the other EP thread:

Honestly he's fine as it is.

I was thinking of something to help his glaring weakness which is his health/defense.

Unique Zeta Crackling doom. For each shocked enemy, increase health and defense by 25%, and everytime crackling doom triggers drain that much damage into HP.

Pretty OP, but also easily circumvented. A shock/Stun/health block/tenacity up all counter it.

Only issue would be P3 where Palp may survive to enrage. So maybe nerf it to half values all around. 12.5% health/defense/half damage drained to HP.

Leader Zeta: in addition, -32% crit chance and crit damage to rebel and Jedi enemies. All empire/Sith allies do 20% more damage to shocked enemies.

That was the goal with the suggestion, to increase his defense. I like your suggestion for his unique, increasing his health without his leader ability would make him better on his own for use in other teams
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    His zeta unique

Fixes thrawns AI when EP is present.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    How about make it so that rebels don't have their uniques :)
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Olddumper wrote: »
    His zeta unique

Sounds pretty expensive for something that should be free
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »

I like the sound of that
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »
    His zeta unique

Sounds pretty expensive for something that should be free
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »

I like the sound of that
    This is the Chaze nerf you're looking for.

• UltimateSeaDog
    1689 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    You want Empire to rise?! We JUST HAD A PASS AND A NEW CHARACTER.

Please, stop asking for Empire buffs, you've had yours already
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member

Someone took a dive in raid rewards and/or arena during the Empire pass..
  • Was thinking a cool lead ability for palp would be where all sith and empire allies ignore foresight and tenacity up. Could be a counter to Rex and his tenacity up and the Jedis foresight but they can still cleanse so it wouldn't be completely broken. Also, palpatine is a decent toon but still has room for two zetas. R2 and Yoda have two zetas why shouldn't palp get his to end the faction pass?
  • You want Empire to rise?! We JUST HAD A PASS AND A NEW CHARACTER.

Not much compared to what the sith got. And the best toon to come out of the empire pass may still be R2.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Sure, let's give one of the toons who already has the most complete kit in the game a ZETA. Seriously? This suggestion isn't quite as laughable as the people who asked for Chaze and Rex Zetas but it's close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuBHak_S7bE
  • You want Empire to rise?! We JUST HAD A PASS AND A NEW CHARACTER.

Not much compared to what the sith got. And the best toon to come out of the empire pass may still be R2.

But you have still got your empire buff, it's time for you empire fanboys to stop. Give Republic some love, or maybe Separatists. Just no more Empire passes.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member

Not necessarily? Almost all of the ideas I've posted for characters have been for the Clone Wars, I didn't know Empire wasn't liked as much. Anyways he's going to get a level 8 zeta or omega eventually, like every other character who had their abilities stuck at level 7
    dough wrote: »
    Sure, let's give one of the toons who already has the most complete kit in the game a ZETA. Seriously? This suggestion isn't quite as laughable as the people who asked for Chaze and Rex Zetas but it's close.

It's already been said that the suggested ability would be overpowered, but I'll try and fix that