When is the best time to go for Zetas?

Peer
299 posts Member
Hi there, recently I unlocked the final tier of ship training mats challenge. Now I could farm zetas but I am not not sure whether it is still too early since I have a lot of toons that still need omegas. This is my profile on swgoh: https://swgoh.gg/u/_el_/

Perhaps someone has an idea? Does one zeta (Vader or Kylo seem to be the best choices) change things so much that it is worth to stop working on other characters?

Replies

• Oh definitely. I have a zeta Kylo and he can easily take on 1v3 when I play with him on offense. sometimes even 1v4. You get the right zeta and it'll dramatically change how good your team is.

R2 number crunch zeta will share 10% of his stats (max health, protection, potency, offense) to 4 different factions. (Galactic Republic, Resistance, Rebels, Droids)
    His other zeta will let any lightside toon cleanse all debuffs on them when they crit.

There are many others that are highly useful. Also those that are crap so you'd have to be careful of where you spend your zetas at.
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Zetas are complete and utter game changers my friend. The earlier you can get them the better. get as many as you can to get a nice little stockpile by the time you get to level 85. If you want to compete at the top of the arena you will need them.

Depending how you want to play the game i.e.prioritise arena or raids. If the arena, don't spend any until you've settled on which team you're going for. Most teams needs 2/3 zetas (60 mats) to reach their potential.
  • I'm a little confused... Is there a downside to farming Zeta's? I don't remember exactly what the previous tier of the challenge dropped, but I still get Omegas and purples (both ship and regular) as well as the occasional zeta. There will always be RNG involved, but you should pretty much always be getting higher quality and quantity drops each tier you go up.
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Thanks. My question was only about when to start farming zetas, because for one zeta I need 16 omegas and 40 purple ability mats as well. And I have lots of characters waiting for these.
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    Why not farm zeta's. You don't lose anything from doing it. Also the challenge also gives you the omegas. Some zeta's take 16 omegas, others 13, and leader abilities take 10. Who would you be looking to zeta is the question.
  • Start right away. Battle ships! Maybe get your Vader ship shards when they show but a good 1000 fleet tokens a day will make you rest easy. Don't buy characters or other stuff from the fleet store (unless you have too). Get ship upgrades from Galaxtic War.
  • Start right away for sure.

It's better to need omegas than to need zetas. Omegas will come eventually.
  • I'm slightly confused too. Omegas are a reward from tier 3 of the ship challenge, so you'll possibly get zetas and omegas. You also get purple gear which is necessary to increase ship abilities.

The other way I read this is, are you asking if you should use your fleet currency and buy zetas or use fleet currency for ships. If that's the case, use when the rare ships appear, TIEA and Slave I, otherwise save for zetas.
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Hi, sorry, maybe I wasn´t clear about what I had in mind. I know that the zeta tier of ship challenge also drops omegas. From a few answers here I got the information I need. Thanks to all.
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    to those asking about omegas, what you probably don't know is that when you reach level 85, your daily activity rewards include 1 omega mat every day when you complete all activities. Therefore omegas shouldn't ever hold up you being able to use your zetas. I've Always got somewhere between 60-100 omegas ready to go as and when I need them.

Also when you unlock the final ability mat challenge you get a shed load of purple mats every few days. I've literally got about 500.

I remember sharing the same concerns you do when I was relatively new to the game, the truth is there's lots to help you on your way when you get to level 85.
  • Yung_Hen
    139 posts Member
    Start farming zetas asap. Maybe don't immediately apply them if you have 20, wait until your characters are pretty much maxed out and you don't need omegas. Basically, farm them asap, wait to apply them until you're ready