Biggs Vs Thrawn...

This is more a question about Thrawn in defense, either as leader or support.

Biggs gains 100% tm when damaged by an empire attack.

Thrawn has 100% counter chance when an enemy is Fractured.

AI with Thrawn will Fracture a buffed enemy if able.

Ok so Battle:

1-Thrawn Fractures an enemy toon (not Biggs, typically an autotank).

2-Biggs Attacks Thrawn - Thrawn Counters gives Biggs Speedup+100%tm

3-Biggs Speed Up expires, gains ability block. Biggs Attacks Thrawn, losses ability Block(end of turn) - Thrawn Counters gives Biggs Speedup+100%tm

4-Repeat step 3 till Thrawn is dead.

Admittedly I do not fully understand manipulate. And depends on the timing of when the ability block is removed. I can't test this as I have not seen Thrawn in GW or Arena.

Even if Thrawn would stun Biggs in Step 3, Biggs could still take advantage of Thrawn's counter, to hit him then get full tm and attack another.... After the second attack(as long as it is not on thrawn) Biggs would have no debuffs.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    This is solid, just can't have biggs or wedge fractured.

Yes he will get stunned but come right out of it as he will have 100%tm and have his special ready when his turn comes back around.
  • Onark
    104 posts Member
    Buffs/debuffs generally expire after the turn (unless otherwise stated) so Thrawn's 2nd counter would stun Biggs. Biggs would then gain 100% TM but be back to the beginning of his next turn.

None of this matters if there are taunts up as well obviously.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    This wouldn't be a long loop. Both Thrawn and Biggs hit like trucks. It would last 2 maybe 3 turns at most. I'm not sure Biggs would always win either.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Olddumper wrote: »
    This wouldn't be a long loop. Both Thrawn and Biggs hit like trucks. It would last 2 maybe 3 turns at most. I'm not sure Biggs would always win either.

Wedge lead could help, and yes this is not always going to end well.
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    And Thrawn AI apparently doesn't fracture anybody, just uses basic.
  • In my opinion Nihiluses ANNHILATE instakill ability is more op than thrawn and should be deleted from the game.
  • I've had a similar loop with Biggs V. Baze.. and Biggs won. Just took three crits in a row from Baze... like Oldthumper said, it wouldn't be a long encounter. Would be curious to see what happens though.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    And Thrawn AI apparently doesn't fracture anybody, just uses basic.

To my understanding, Thrawn AI treats his Fracture as a Dispel. He will only use it on targets with Buffs. So if non of the enemy squad is buffed, Thrawn will use his Basic.

There are many ways to exploit auto-counters... ST-Han is the easiest... Counters feed your team TM, and you really do not care if ST-Han gets stunned.

Even if Biggs gets stunned on second attack, still a valid tactic. You get to hit Thrawn 4 times (Biggs/Wedge+Assist, and then Biggs again).

Thrawn really does look like a Beast, if he does hit like a Truck... I mean his HP/Protection are pretty high.

This might be a real weakness of using a 5star Thrawn vs a 7star Thrawn.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Shaunyvee wrote: »
    In my opinion Nihiluses ANNHILATE instakill ability is more op than thrawn and should be deleted from the game.
    Sure, just get rid of Rex's leadership, remove Chir's healing, remove Baze's TM gains, remove Baze gaining taunt when Chir loses health, remove Zaul's leadership, remove Burning, reduce R2's speed and health by 15%, remove Tenacity Up -- should I go on?
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Shaunyvee wrote: »
    In my opinion Nihiluses ANNHILATE instakill ability is more op than thrawn and should be deleted from the game.
    Sure, just get rid of Rex's leadership, remove Chir's healing, remove Baze's TM gains, remove Baze gaining taunt when Chir loses health, remove Zaul's leadership, remove Burning, reduce R2's speed and health by 15%, remove Tenacity Up -- should I go on?

Chewie lead with SRP Zarris DN EE
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    I get into loops with Biggs a lot with my K2. K2 is modded for speed and critical chance (to take advantage of Wedge lead heals). Criticals also trigger Biggs' turn meter gain. And K2 taunts. So Biggs hits K2, who counters and reapplies taunt. The cycle goes until one dies or K2 doesn't critical. Biggs usually doesn't win this fight. He's too squishy.