Show me a video of Thrawn winning on defense please

So far haven't been able to find one

Replies

• Thrawn w/ GK / Chaze / DN maybe?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    in thrawns defence (lol), it's hard to find vids of defensive wins.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Don't have a video, but my resistance team got crushed by Tarkin, DT, Thrawn, Nihilus, and Kenobi a couple times.
  • Lithalan
    153 posts Member
    I don't have a video but I do have a long Line rant from a shardmate who couldn't beat my Thrawn lead. Of course he uses all FO...
  • Show me a flying unicorn that burps rainbows and I will show you a Thrawn defense win video...
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    DarthTaral wrote: »
    Show me a flying unicorn that burps rainbows and I will show you a Thrawn defense win video...
    Challenge accepted.
    2468904593_6a7c692ab6.jpg
    You now owe me a video.

• DarthTaral wrote: »
    Show me a flying unicorn that burps rainbows and I will show you a Thrawn defense win video...
    Challenge accepted.
    You now owe me a video.

LOL
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • DarthTaral wrote: »
    Challenge accepted.
    You now owe me a video.

I'd say this more if puking a rainbow.

• I just beat a very well modded and max gear Thrawn lead, Chaze, DT and DN with my droids. Yes, with my droids :tongue:
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    What's a good screen recorder? Someone in my shard is running Thrawn. Granted it may end up being a Droid snuff film
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I can't show you a video but will give the compo: DV(l),Sass,Thrawn,DN,GK. Sass and Thrawn needs 100+speed bump.

Currently many of my arena mates are failing on it. Only one managed to move it at 3rd try. I'll try it morrow. Obviously the owner has whale quality mods (albeit we don't fail to beat his other teams).
  • No_Try wrote: »
    I can't show you a video but will give the compo: DV(l),Sass,Thrawn,DN,GK. Sass and Thrawn needs 100+speed bump.

Currently many of my arena mates are failing on it. Only one managed to move it at 3rd try. I'll try it morrow. Obviously the owner has whale quality mods (albeit we don't fail to beat his other teams).

What's the turn order look like?
  • No_Try wrote: »

Looks like it will be a toss-up... SA first, then you pray that Vader moves next. If not, then it's DN first than Vader. Thrawn will then go, followed by GK.

Not sure I am convinced it is a strong team... unless the dude has stronger mods than everyone else in the shard. Have you tried fighting him with Zaul?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Sass,Thrawn,Dn,Gk,Dv. We are talking speeds between 259 to 221. We'll see how good it is in upcoming days. For now it's like I said, everyone's having trouble with it.
  • Any
    428 posts Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnhr2eEsHPE

nearly to win on defense. Not bad at all.
  • Why all the hate on Thrawn? I haven't seen any team win on defence in months.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    I drop to the high 20's no matter what team I use.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    NicolBolas wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »

Looks like it will be a toss-up... SA first, then you pray that Vader moves next. If not, then it's DN first than Vader. Thrawn will then go, followed by GK.

Not sure I am convinced it is a strong team... unless the dude has stronger mods than everyone else in the shard. Have you tried fighting him with Zaul?
    I run the same team and it does hold and yes, even has a decent chance vs maul teams.

My sass is 278. Which means Vader can be as fast as he wants and dn can be 211 and it will ALWAYS go sass -> Vader -> DN. This is how to run sass, Vader and dn core. The +2 is a tank and now thrawn.
  • Thanks @Any for providing a video. Thrawn made one move in the entire game... perhaps that's how he's supposed to be played? That Tarkin was putting in some work though!

@mediocreJoe I think that's the issue! People were expecting Thrawn to shake up the meta and finally bring something new to the arena. After having to farm and gear 5 toons that most people don't like, you end up with a toon that can't win on defense anyway. It's not that he's bad, but he wasn't the savior we wanted him to be.
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    NicolBolas wrote: »
    Thanks @Any for providing a video. Thrawn made one move in the entire game... perhaps that's how he's supposed to be played? That Tarkin was putting in some work though!

@mediocreJoe I think that's the issue! People were expecting Thrawn to shake up the meta and finally bring something new to the arena. After having to farm and gear 5 toons that most people don't like, you end up with a toon that can't win on defense anyway. It's not that he's bad, but he wasn't the savior we wanted him to be.

Seriously though forget thrawn, tarkin was the MVP in that match.
  • @NicolBolas fair enough, I think CG is trying hard to not repeat a Chaze scenario which is good just doesn't do anything today which sucks
  • @NicolBolas fair enough, I think CG is trying hard to not repeat a Chaze scenario which is good just doesn't do anything today which sucks

I think they could have made Thrawn specifically anti-rebel, like how he was in the show. They did an excellent job with R2 being anti-zaul, but not OP against other teams. They could have easily given him a passive unique that says "rebel enemies cannot gain health" or something along those lines.
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    My zader team got crushed by Thrawn, GK, chirrut, Palpatine, and deathtrooper