Maxed Thrawn

Prev1
PuppyJuicers
155 posts Member
edited June 2017
So, Thrawn, insanely good on offense, complete trash on defense. The fact his AI isn't programmed to open with Fracture on every instance makes no sense. Footage is taken against my November, 2015 shard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvjRAhrPZug

https://swgoh.gg/u/puppy juicers/
Post edited by PuppyJuicers on

Replies

• Options
    And they have no trouble beating you on offense?
  • PuppyJuicers
    155 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

This squad can be easily beaten because of the bad decision making by the AI.
  • Options
    What speed u have thrawn at
  • Options
    What speed u have thrawn at

• Options

Nope, this squad can be mopped when they are on defense because the AI programming is ridiculous.
    Sounds about right. SMH
  • Options
    I imagine if no one is taunting Thrawn does tm swap with someone
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Options
    Nice to see a team that doesn't have Chaze, GK or Rex lead do great. IMO defense doesn't matter AT ALL if you can get 1st at payout.
  • PuppyJuicers
    155 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    Nice to see a team that doesn't have Chaze, GK or Rex lead do great. IMO defense doesn't matter AT ALL if you can get 1st at payout.

I agree. Defense means very little to me, but I'd still like to see my characters have somewhat optimal AI configurations. Making sure something important like Fracture being used first whenever possible is a no-brainer.
  • Romao33
    121 posts Member
    Options
    Very nice! Thanks for sharing. Your mods help a lot
  • Options
    Romao33 wrote: »
    Very nice! Thanks for sharing. Your mods help a lot

ZOOM-ZOOM!
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options
    Very nice videos
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Options
    Ronoaldo wrote: »
    Very nice videos

Thanks!
  • Options
    Nice videos. However, on defense, you would get beat pretty easily because you have no tank. Do you leave that same team on defense? Do you add shore?
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    I've been running a different 4 zeta empire squad... pretty awesome offensively but again I'm sure it's easy to beat... fun nonetheless

UiJmblC.jpg
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Options
    Funny how you all want fracture to go first as I would make it imperative that if Tarkin is present, to give him TM to reduce TM from all enemies before they all get a move is much more valuable, then you can fracture whoever you want and you nihilus and DT getting them cool downs up ^_^
  • Zephyrus
    330 posts Member
    Options

I agree. Defense means very little to me, but I'd still like to see my characters have somewhat optimal AI configurations. Making sure something important like Fracture always being used first when possible seems like a no-brainer.

I play the same way. Everyone worrying about defense for no reason, at it's current state, there is no seamless defense AI. Minimalizing RNG errors through attack patterns.
  • Options
    If hes that good on offense he shouldnt be amazing on defense
  • SWGAMER6
    539 posts Member
    Options
    I believe defense will never meet our expectations because I think it's designed to keep a team that belongs to an inactive player from staying on top.
  • Options
    Mega_Man wrote: »
    Nice videos. However, on defense, you would get beat pretty easily because you have no tank. Do you leave that same team on defense? Do you add shore?

No, Death Trooper, Zader, and Thrawn all have 60k health/protection. Krennic has a critical hit immunity passive in Death Trooper's Zeta. Tarkin gains really high defense in the form of converting potency to defense.
  • Options
    Smapty wrote: »
    I've been running a different 4 zeta empire squad... pretty awesome offensively but again I'm sure it's easy to beat... fun nonetheless

UiJmblC.jpg

I love your squad! Glad to see someone else having success with something similar.
  • Options
    TofuMao wrote: »
    Funny how you all want fracture to go first as I would make it imperative that if Tarkin is present, to give him TM to reduce TM from all enemies before they all get a move is much more valuable, then you can fracture whoever you want and you nihilus and DT getting them cool downs up ^_^

We want him to use Fracture because that's what his entire kit is built around and there is no point of him being in an arena team otherwise.
  • Options
    Lebronaims wrote: »

Ok, Chaze.
  • PuppyJuicers
    155 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    SWGAMER6 wrote: »
    I believe defense will never meet our expectations because I think it's designed to keep a team that belongs to an inactive player from staying on top.

I agree that's it's probably best to limit frustration and keep arena active.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options

But zetas... :(
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i like it, but i ain't got mods like those ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    i like it, but i ain't got mods like those ;)

Keep farming them. My mods weren't great at one point either.
  • Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »

But zetas... :(

I have basically dumped all of mine into the Imperial faction. I am about to Zeta Veer's unique!
  • Options
    Lebronaims wrote: »

Ok, Chaze.
    xD
  • Options
    TofuMao wrote: »

We want him to use Fracture because that's what his entire kit is built around and there is no point of him being in an arena team otherwise.

I think they worried that fracture would be too strong of an ability to justify letting the AI use first, kinda like how Rex never opens with squad discipline unless there's a debuff to cleanse.

I can't think of another character who opens with their basic, except for a healer like Barris. That's gotta be the reason why
  • CK_3030
    177 posts Member
    Options
    IMO defense doesn't matter AT ALL if you can get 1st at payout.

I get what you're saying and to a certain extent agree with you, however if your team on D is easy to beat then you'll fall farther faster through the rankings and then you'll just have to spend crystals getting back up to where you were if you have to fight more than five times.

There's always someone out there that can and will beat your team, but depending on your team I'm sure there are those who will avoid you because they'll deem it too tough or too annoying to deal with.