Advice Needed From Guild Leaders/Officers

K_mett1
299 posts Member
Ok guys first off let me say I understand the working dynamics of any guild varies but I have a situation y'all...

About a month ago I accepted a great player (excellent arena rank and a great roster) but they have absolutely zero participation in our guild. Not one single piece of gear has been donated nor have they ever responded to a direct question I pose, incerdibly fustrating to say the least and I've definitely thought about letting them go..

What would you guys do? Am I over-reacting?

Thanks y'all!

Replies

• As an officer, I'd say it really depends on how your guild is structured. Is he following the rules you set for raids, daily 600, etc.? If so, he may just have no desire for the social aspect of the game or not enough time for it. It's for officers to decide whether that's okay for your guild.
  • As long as he's following the rules, I'd say you're overreacting.
  • As a guild leader I would say if this person follows whatever rules your guild has in place, does their 600 and doesn't request gear then keep them. Some people don't want or need the social part of the game. They just need a guild to progress. We have members that do not donate but they also don't request. We have members that blow up chat and others that never chat.

We are farming HAAT and have no issues with the way we work. People are different.
  • Exactly what all the above said. AS far as he does what he has to do for the guild then there's no point removing him
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    On the one hand, I can agree with the above posts in that if they are contributing tickets, and hitting the raids and obeying raid rules, that's not so bad. But while they're not obligated to talk, failing to respond to a direct question from an officer/leader could present a problem, depending on the importance of the question. That can be up to the officers to decide. As for donations, if your guild has a policy about them, then that is again up to you to decide.

If the player is breaking rules and failing to respond to an officer query as to why, then that's enough for the boot in my opinion.
  • As another thought, it is possible this person does not speak English. I am assuming from your post that English is your first language and probably the first language of your guild. The Y'all twice gave it away. ;) I am a Southern boy myself.

Our guild has members from the US, UK, Greece and beyond.
  • K_mett1
    299 posts Member
    Thanks guys y'all were sort of the tiebreaker for me and my officers :D

It's true, donations aren't that big of a problem and some players are in a guild simply to partake in raids...
    xanderxman wrote: »
    As another thought, it is possible this person does not speak English. I am assuming from your post that English is your first language and probably the first language of your guild. The Y'all twice gave it away. ;) I am a Southern boy myself.

Our guild has members from the US, UK, Greece and beyond.

This really got me thinking as well! Thanks again guys
  • MattNewton
    13 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Our guild looks at a few things when this comes up such as whether they typically request gear much or what place they are finishing in raid, on average. If they are constantly near the top, they should be donating. If they are requesting a lot, they should also be giving back when they can too. If not, while not very "team-oriented" it doesn't cause a big issue.
  • Communication is everything in this game. He might be abiding by the rules, but there will come a situation where he won't due to a lack of communication (there always is). No one is saying he needs to be a super talker, but simple communication is not to be understated. Third party apps, like LINE, provide superior opportunities to communicate and "humanize" it's members. I've released many players who don't communicate in favor of inferior players who do. I can usually tell 5 minutes after a player joins my guild if they will have a better chance of success simply by observing their communication skills. I'm not saying my technique is for everyone, but it does work
  • Communication is everything in this game. He might be abiding by the rules, but there will come a situation where he won't due to a lack of communication (there always is). No one is saying he needs to be a super talker, but simple communication is not to be understated. Third party apps, like LINE, provide superior opportunities to communicate and "humanize" it's members. I've released many players who don't communicate in favor of inferior players who do. I can usually tell 5 minutes after a player joins my guild if they will have a better chance of success simply by observing their communication skills. I'm not saying my technique is for everyone, but it does work

Line sucks btw

I prefer to have the social aspect of the game. I always tell them when looking at new guys, register for our server. You don't have to talk everyday but at least say hello and give your insight if a question is asked. Communication is key if you don't have a lot of heavy hitters for heroic tank. If everyone is just around thier 2% you can't afford to loose a single piece of damage.