Advice on solo rancor

Could use advice on getting back to a solo rancor team. Previously ran Zader, Zidious, TFP, Rex and EP. Now can only make it halfway through P2.
Toons I can sub in that are high gear:
Teebo
QGJ
Wiggs
Magma is G8, don't know if that's high enough to be viable

Jyn and DN are also very close to being 7*. DN is almost Gear11, jyn gear 8.
Does jyn need zeta?

I do have Tarkin at 7 but he's only gear 6 so he'd require a lot of farming.

Welcome any advice. Thank you!!!

Replies

• lladdir
    146 posts Member
    Options
    Get jyn 7*, swap out EP, profit
  • Options
    lladdir wrote: »
    Get jyn 7*, swap out EP, profit
    What kind of setup does Jyn need with mods? And do she need a Zeta on her unique?
  • Options
    she
    Haybarn564 wrote: »
    What kind of setup does Jyn need with mods? And do she need a Zeta on her unique?
    Jyn needs to be fast and crit alot. Get DN in for EP and that's the team I run.I can do almost the whole raid -- about 50% into p4. Jyn is the weak link for me 9 times out of 10 when i have a speedbump it is her getting killed. All my toons in this team are over 200 speed, TFP is 240~

• Platypoctopus
    18 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    The Zeta on Jyn's unique is simply that she's immune to stun, and seeing as how the whole point is to keep the Rancor from taking any turns at all, you do not need her zeta. If you do get very unlucky and she gets stunned, the rest of your team should be able to keep the Rancor's TM reduced enough until she gets out of stun, which won't take long. She just needs to have high crit chance and high speed.

I'm not quite at a full solo yet, but from personal experience and from what everyone says, Jyn is by far the most valuable for soloing Rancor, so you'll be in good shape once she's at 7*. Even with no other TM reducing characters I can get through the first two phases with just her, Wiggs, Cassian and Ackbar, all at gear 8.

Also, I would definitely use Tarkin in place of EP or Sidious. The guaranteed 50% TM removal from his Ultimate Firepower is excellent as another "oh ****" button. Having offense down on the Rancor is also invaluable since like someone else said, Jyn dying is one of the biggest issues, so cutting its damage in half is very useful for when it manages to take a turn.

Final team I'd use is Zader, Jyn, Rex, TFP and Tarkin. That's pretty much what I'm heading towards if I decide to put my first zeta on Vader.
  • Options
    The Zeta on Jyn's unique is simply that she's immune to stun, and seeing as how the whole point is to keep the Rancor from taking any turns at all, you do not need her zeta. If you do get very unlucky and she gets stunned, the rest of your team should be able to keep the Rancor's TM reduced enough until she gets out of stun, which won't take long. She just needs to have high crit chance and high speed..

You're right, I didn't fully read it. Thought the increased potency was also part of it. Yeah the stun shouldn't matter.

Thanks everyone, I'll keep working on getting her (and DN) to 7*, just a few more purchases from guild store and she'll be there and then load her up with speed and crit chance.

Just curious what others have TFP crit chance at? I have him maximized for speed, but I find he isn't landing tenacity down as much as he probably needs to be. May need to give him some more crit chance mods