WOW that is an HORRIBLE luck
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • weska24
    53 posts Member
    Yeah I get one or two pieces if I'm lucky with 20 sims
  • Zambor
    37 posts Member
    Yeah, it seems that the chances for purple gear is now around 10-15%, I often get zero gear for 10 sims
  • Same here I used of 300 energy this morning and got 1 gear drop. I'm spending less and less lately because it's just not worth it for the small amount of rewards anymore.
  • EA/CG wants your money.
    Why give you what you need for free?
    Open your wallets and PAY!
  • They proved they can easily manipulate drop rate with the mod challenges - At the moment shard drop rate is definitely skewed high for phoenix but is totally skewed low for Thrawn gear, carbantis and mk3 holos. They tweak it to suit the demand, I'm totally convinced of this.
  • They proved they can easily manipulate drop rate with the mod challenges - At the moment shard drop rate is definitely skewed high for phoenix but is totally skewed low for Thrawn gear, carbantis and mk3 holos. They tweak it to suit the demand, I'm totally convinced of this.
    Why would they have Phoenix rates high? That would only convince people they don't need to buy the packs.

• Why? Because the timing is set so as you will almost complete the farm but will be roughly 55 short on the last day... so what do you do?
  • Gold gear pieces are even worse to farm

It all in your head dude.
  • Gear drop rates have always been bad...and seem to get even worse whenever you refresh with crystals. The more expensive the refresh, the worse the drop rate.
  • Bouncyslime
    153 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Hskull55 wrote: »
    WOW that is an HORRIBLE luck
    sdb wrote: »
    600 energy spent with no gear drops please fix this is absolutely ridiculous
    They proved they can easily manipulate drop rate with the mod challenges - At the moment shard drop rate is definitely skewed high for phoenix but is totally skewed low for Thrawn gear, carbantis and mk3 holos. They tweak it to suit the demand, I'm totally convinced of this.
    Gold gear pieces are even worse to farm
    Gear drop rates have always been bad...and seem to get even worse whenever you refresh with crystals. The more expensive the refresh, the worse the drop rate.
    800 energy spent and not a single mk3 carbanti...

I spend 12 energy on mk3 holo projectors and I get two.

SWGOH logic

RN I have all the gear to get thrawn to gear 11 and have the stun guns crafted... but only limitation is the carbanti arrays which I pbelieve I need 2 more of to get thrawn to gear 11... currently sitting at gear 9

It all in your head dude.

Prove it
  • Why? Because the timing is set so as you will almost complete the farm but will be roughly 55 short on the last day... so what do you do?
    Lol, so you think that we are all under an orchestrated scheme that leaves us a few shards short? That's some tin foil hat stuff.

• mk 3 carbanati sensor. (STR thing) 2 days of 5 challenges.
    min that can drop : 3 per challenge * 10 = 30.
    max that can drop : 7 per challenge * 10 = 70.
    i got 38 in these 2 days.
    horrible. just horrible. this is extremely annoying that i cant get a 50 pieces in 2 days of challenges
  • Yup. Been farming syringes. Drop rate over the past 2 weeks has been 1/8. It's just awful.

Yeah..I noticed that as I got zero Sabine shards from her hardmode during the double drop period and it took a full 6 days before one dropped. Since she was added to that hard node, I've now gotten 6 total shards.

heheh...definitely "skewed high."

• The only thing I'm getting from this thread is there needs to be a better algorithm for their RNG like "guaranteed 1 drop for every 3 attempts" or something of the sort
  • I just spent 330 energy trying to get mk 3 sienar holo projectors and I got 1. 10 of my characters need 20 each and SWGOH refuses to give me any. EA seriously needs to fix this
  • I used to get a deep rate of about 1/3 consistently. I believe purple gear do rates have been halved. It's has been a while of getting 0, 1 or 2 pieces per refresh. Today or was 0 in three
  • sdb wrote: »
    600 energy spent with no gear drops please fix this is absolutely ridiculous

No other game I play has as terrible an RNG system for gear, and in my opinion they do it on purpose to tempt people to spend money. I used 200 crystals I saved up and did not see a single drop, and I was frustrated tonight to the point of looking online for a forum to complain about this. Clearly said frustrations are being validated here.

I wish I knew the specific formula on how this is calculated, but there is not an official moderator explanation as far as I know (please correct me if I'm wrong). However.. as frustrating as all this is, I'm almost definitely going to continue to play the game because it's a great game overall, and they know that.

The beauty of these kinds of "pay to win" energy systems is that ultimately being tempted to spend crystals with an abysmal drop rate is our prerogative, and no one is forcing me to spend money. I just wish that I felt more confident in the system I'm participating in.

In conclusion, I have no proof it's anything nefarious.. but I don't have any proof that it's not either. Sorry others are being annoyed by this as well, but hopefully the developers will address this concern. Otherwise, great job on content. :)
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    I'm closing this thread now as it's well over a year old, please always check when a thread was last active so we can avoid performing the dark art of necromancy. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.