I've been watching the Thrawn threads to plan for what the minimum level of resources is necessary to get him to 7*. I believe this may be the new low in terms of resources used (credits, gear, omegas, no Sabine, etc.)
The pic show it all except for the Omegas - used two only - one on Ezra's unique and the other on Kanan's unique.
This took me about 2 hours, so you do need RNG and patience. I'd also add, I do not think this is the absolute possible bottom for a no Sabine squad. I had Thrawn beaten on my third try with Hera still at gear 8, but I misplayed it and lost. I do think the minimum is 1 g9 Ezra and 4 g8 others - maybe if you ran it for hours and hours non-stop and got the 99th percentile RNG you could do it with all G8, but I'd have to see it to believe it.
Couple pointers (some have noted these in other threads as well and I'll repeat a few):
- For own sanity, just auto basic the first 3 levels - they are so easy there's no need to pay any attention to them until you get to the end of 3 and turn auto off for level 4 (this actually helps the process)
- DTs need to be contained at all costs - use Zeb for assists early on and throughout the battle to keep one DT dazed / stunned - use Ezra's dispel on the other to remove the buff and Kanan to put it O down ... so debuff AND O down one DT and daze / stagger / stun the other DT - don't FF one down below green till you have a few hits lined up to kill or the healers will crush your prior damage
- Be VERY judicious about when you use your taunts and when you use Backup plan. I waited to use BUP until I saw where the damage was going and also what the taunt / health status of my tanks were - anyone that was very low health I put BUP on that at that time, but I also had the taunters available with taunts to save the fractured hero. The message here is just don't needlessly spam your taunts / BUP right away - survey the battle flow and use as needed.
- The misplay I had initially was really bad - I didn't realize how much the healers could heal and how often - I had killed the taunting ST and both the DTs and had 4 or 5 PS left - I thought I could kill Thrawn, but no dice - by the time I killed one healer after trying to focus on Thrawn, I was getting too worn down. Don't go for the kill on Thrawn till BOTH heal toons are dead.
- Kanan's unique Omega is incredibly important - if you use the control tactic on the DTs, one will likely survive to throw their AOE a second time - you can get kills on the DTs from the counter attacks. They have low health once you get the protection off.
- Learn to keep track of the ST's taunt cooldown and make sure you have a dispel off cooldown at that time ... you can also control the taunter with zeb and stuns, but have to make sure the DTs are controlled first
- Kill order: DTs #1 far and away and it's not even close - they will wreck your setup ASAP - I'd recommend taunting ST#2 and the healers #3...Thrawn last if you have 4+ PS members still alive really isn't much of a threat to go "Pre-nerf Yoda" and wipe you so saving him last is ok
I want to give particular thanks to the following that provided especially good info early on for the community...you get an interwebz good citizenship award:
(for the g8 / g9 post with NO Sabine validation)
(for the g8 / g9 capable thread and detail)
(for being particularly detailed with the zeb daze / stun spam approach right along with Strubz
Lastly on mods, I did use my better arena mods - I went with speed focus on Hera and Chopper, health / prot on Kanan (though I'd recommend a speed arrow so he's not a total turtle, damage / speed mix on Ezra, and speed / potency for Zeb ... remember the zeb and chopper uniques give heal benefits at the start of turns, so the more turns you take, the more healing (and damage of course) you can do. Key final stats:
Hera: 236 final speed (+110), 33k combined h/p
Ezra: 233 final speed (+102), 41% CC, 180% CD, 30k combined h/p
Kanan: 150 final speed (+50), 39k combined h/p
Zeb: 211 final speed (+96), 29k combined h/p, 42% potency (used a pot cross primary)
CHOPPA: 243 final speed (+91), 26k combined h/p, 30% potency (used a pot set + speed set - pot for the TM removal skill)
Hope this helps ... also .... HEEEELMUTHAFINYEAAAAHHHH!!
Happy Father's Day All!!!