7* Thrawn - No Sabine - New Low For Requirements???

Replies

• Drahcir73
    10 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I just completed this morning all g8 no Sabine all uniques and leader omega. Zeb 204 all potency chopper 230 all tenacity Ezra 218 cc cd hera 233 speed cc Kanaan 128 cd defense
  • Whattie
    14 posts Member
    Just did it with all g8!
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Don't have the screen shot with me here - but a guild mate (YetAnotherZathrian) just beat it with the following:

Hera / Ezra / Zeb - G8
    Kanan / CHOPPA - G7

He had omegas on all uniques and Hera's lead. That's the lowest gear I've seen so far, regardless of Omegas / Sabine status.

So it's pretty simple here - if you have Omegas to spare, you can get away very low gear here ... if you're trying to save on Omegas, you'll need g8 gear at least
  • @JohnnySteelAlpha Ok in game cost may be lower, what about out of pocket to 7* Phoenix?
  • Here's my swgoh link for PX:https://swgoh.gg/u/yetanotherzathrian/collection/?f=phoenix. I'll leave the mods for next 24 hrs or so, but some toons want them back.
  • Tomorrow going to try gear 11 Ezra and Kanan, Chopper, Zeb and Hera gear 7, level 72s, probably get smoked, but dont want to waste any disks or carbs if I have too, I have them ready though
  • @JohnnySteelAlpha Ok in game cost may be lower, what about out of pocket to 7* Phoenix?

For right now - it's variable depending on what you had saved up in shops and how your drops on the 2x Cantina were. Also depends on what gear you had saved up, credits, etc. Next time around though this is totally open game for everyone cause the gear req is arguably lower than any event we've had so far.
  • Congrats on the clear. Thrawn is a lot of fun to control.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Pseudot wrote: »
    I got through the 7* level with minimal gear investments. I think that the view that this event is a gear pit is way overblown, more than likely fueled by players who don't understand how to use the Phoenix team properly.

I think the complaints have been more about having to simultaneously farm 5 characters to 6* or 7* in such a short time....more so than the gear.

For right now - it's variable depending on what you had saved up in shops and how your drops on the 2x Cantina were. Also depends on what gear you had saved up, credits, etc. Next time around though this is totally open game for everyone cause the gear req is arguably lower than any event we've had so far.

Time will tell.
  • medatho
    42 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I was able to clear the 7* without Sabine. All characters were level 80 and G8. Omegas on Kanan Ezra and Zeb uniques only.

Kanan - 7 speed from mods (102 total) tank mods, 43k total hp/prot
    Hera - 94 speed from mods (214 total), 22k total hp/prot
    Ezra - cd/cc set, 216% cd, 83 speed from mods (214 total), 24k total hp/prot
    Zeb - all potency, 71.37% potency, 78 speed from mods (193 total), 30k total hp/prot
    Chopper - 83 speed from mods (235 total), 22.5k total hp/prot

I knew my mods were a little lower than yours @JohnnySteelAlpha so I compensated by all at 80. Beat it first try. Finished it with all alive. 2 revived via backup plan. Most full health and protection at the end.
    Post edited by medatho on
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    I really think Zeb and Chopper are the underrated heroes here. In fact, I think the event is tuned to be able to be beaten without Sabine (at least, easier to be beaten without Sabine).

Zeb and Chopper both come with healing uniques (protection and health, respectively). Zeb gives the team extra protection based on 30% of their health. Chopper will give you that second cleanse. The stormtrooper that auto taunts (and then retaunts) in the back can easily be cleansed when you have both Ezra and Chopper.

Zeb can stagger a Deathtrooper, which clears the debuff from him. Zeb has the protection up move, which can help keep a chosen ally alive longer, specifically Kanan while he's taunting, or keep the Fractured character from dying once Fracture wears off. Chopper has the extra taunt to cover the space between Kanan's taunts. Having Zeb around to Daze and possibly stun Thrawn so he either loses a move or wastes a move on his cleanse also helped.

I like the synergy between Ezra and Sabine, giving them both 100% crit chance, but beating Thrawn from my experience was more about survivability (and yes, lots of speed, over 200 for most, helps that a ton).
  • medatho wrote: »
    I was able to clear the 7* without Sabine. All characters were level 80. Omegas on Kanan Ezra and Zeb uniques only.

Zeb - all potency, 71.37% potency, 78 speed from mods (193 total), 30k total hp/prot

I knew my mods were a little lower than yours @JohnnySteelAlpha so I compensated by all at 80. Beat it first try. Finished it with all alive. 2 revived via backup plan. Most full health and protection at the end.

Good job. What were their gear levels @medatho ?
  • medatho
    42 posts Member
    medatho wrote: »
    I was able to clear the 7* without Sabine. All characters were level 80. Omegas on Kanan Ezra and Zeb uniques only.

I apologize, that's crucial info. All g8. I had the stuff to g9 Ezra if needed but didn't need to. Only Ezra and Hera had any pieces beyond base g8.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    man, i really wished people would just favorite all phoenix and 7* thrawn when they make a screenshot. undeniable proof (unless photo shopped ofcourse).

On topic: congrats man and thanks for sharing!

Actually a valid request....they have been de-modded at this point though.

u0mb1x9xkph3.png

Just out of curiosity - did you pay for any of the phoenix upgrade packs from store - or buy more crystals etc.?

It seems to me that with this "rushed" release of Thrawn and required phoenix team to get him - as phoenix only very recently became a f2p farm, I believe that generally (unless you had a stockpile of crystals or had very good RNG) Thrawn at this point was technically a p2p toon in a f2p formatted event - does that make sense?

I'm just gonna have to catch him next time.
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »

Just out of curiosity - did you pay for any of the phoenix upgrade packs from store - or buy more crystals etc.?

It seems to me that with this "rushed" release of Thrawn and required phoenix team to get him - as phoenix only very recently became a f2p farm, I believe that generally (unless you had a stockpile of crystals or had very good RNG) Thrawn at this point was technically a p2p toon in a f2p formatted event - does that make sense?

I partially agree with you on this. With stockpiles of currencies, you could have gotten them starred to at least 5*, if not 6 or 7. Focus farming the minute it was announced with double drops helped a ton, but I will admit that I place in the top 3 each day, typically, so I had crystals to burn on cantina refreshes.

Not sure if it was possible to get to 7* without buying packs (Maybe possible, depending on how high your stockpiles are, but I bet most that started in the last year will not have amazing stockpiles.), but possible to get to 5* without buying packs. Again, that may be dependent on high placement in arena, which I know not everyone has.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    I believe that generally (unless you had a stockpile of crystals or had very good RNG) Thrawn at this point was technically a p2p toon in a f2p formatted event
    Not at all. Marquee event characters are released F2P at 3*. Anything past 3* is behind a pay wall.
    Thrawn was super easy for anybody to 5*, even easy to 6* if you bothered to plan it out. Only 7* was mostly behind a pay wall, except for a few very well prepared F2P. So completely F2P, you could fairly easily get six characters at 6* with just Sabine lagging behind at 3-5*.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
    I was able to clear the 7* without Sabine. All characters were level 80 and G8. Omegas on Kanan Ezra and Zeb uniques only.

Nice - you had the backup plan tactic humming along nicely. And just 3 omegas used...that's a dang good run all g8.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    leef wrote: »
    man, i really wished people would just favorite all phoenix and 7* thrawn when they make a screenshot. undeniable proof (unless photo shopped ofcourse).

On topic: congrats man and thanks for sharing!

Actually a valid request....they have been de-modded at this point though.

u0mb1x9xkph3.png

I didn't buy the prior $10 packs or the current $99 pack - so no I didn't get them there or any chromes. Zeb was free with GW currency. I did use crystals for the 2x cantina drop through the 400s...that of course fed to my cantina currency, which provides Chopper. Kanan was PVP currency / free. I also got some of them in shipments.

Really as long as you had a decent stock in GW / PVP / Cantina currency and spammed the Cantina 2x when it was available...this was VERY cheap to 7* relative to any other new toon release like DN or DK / DT, etc. A lot of people also burnt ally points to feed the SShop - they were there as well to supplement.

7* Thrawn probably is a "P2P" toon, but 5* Thrawn...no way, getting all to 5* is totally doable.
    medatho wrote: »

I apologize, that's crucial info. All g8. I had the stuff to g9 Ezra if needed but didn't need to. Only Ezra and Hera had any pieces beyond base g8.

Great thanks
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I just got Thrawn now. All g8 except for g7 Kanan. Omega on uniques and Hera lead.

Here is mine:

21mht9v.jpg
    Post edited by Nebulous on
  • Nebulous wrote: »
    I just got Thrawn now. All g8 except for g7 Kanan. Omega on uniques and Hera lead.

Here is mine:

1z2pv8x.jpg

Great job. Grats bro. More evidence <g8 average is doable. Also, it's clear how much these PS toons are dependent on each other and their shared uniques.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Nebulous wrote: »

Here is mine:

1z2pv8x.jpg

Great job. Grats bro. More evidence <g8 average is doable. Also, it's clear how much these PS toons are dependent on each other and their shared uniques.

Just realized I didn't add thrawn to the favorites. I edit it.

I tried to do it, same gear level and hero level, but without omegas on the uniques. I couldn't do it. After the omegas, I think 4-5 battles and I had my 100 shards.

Did you event zeta that lead?
  • Nebulous wrote: »
    Nebulous wrote: »

Here is mine:

1z2pv8x.jpg

Just realized I didn't add thrawn to the favorites. I edit it.

I tried to do it, same gear level and hero level, but without omegas on the uniques. I couldn't do it. After the omegas, I think 4-5 battles and I had my 100 shards.

Did you event zeta that lead?

I haven't zeta'd thrawn yet - but will shortly, just want to get him to g9 first. Hopefully tomorrow - just need 1 mk3 carb.

For the event to get him, I only put Omegas on Ezra's unique and Kanan's unique - wanted to save omegas for as much as I could as I just can't keep those dang things :).
  • ScoPi
    54 posts Member
    I'm admittedly quite jealous of how many carbanti, stun and cuffs you all saved. I'm also amazed at the RNG, but that's what the R is for. Never got two BUP to land, rarely got one in fact.
  • g11 ezra(wanted to gear him neways), g10 chopper, g8 hera/zeb/kanan. hera had highest speed. everyone else had medium speed. took about 10 tried for the final tier. still very rng dependent.
  • In my case all G8 + some extras, uniques and leader omega. Good mods. Beat Thrawn on third try. Zeb is a key to win.
  • In my case 1 toon g9 (chopper - who did some great job taunting) and all others g8 (no sabine). Took me more than several tries, had to rearange some mods and increase crit chance, but did it this morning.
    I've had all except chopper omega'd (uniques) while other skills were lvl 4 to 6 at the Best.
  • @DarkReaper and @Azel9QThroma ... thanks for the info

So key to less gear clearly is through the omega route. With uniques / leader Omega'd it's apparent you can readily do it with g7/g8 heroes
  • @DarkReaper and @Azel9QThroma ... thanks for the info

So key to less gear clearly is through the omega route. With uniques / leader Omega'd it's apparent you can readily do it with g7/g8 heroes

Later today I'll have the shards for the attempt. I'm going to try keeping them at g7 with selective omegas and see how it goes.
This discussion has been closed.