7* Thrawn - No Sabine - New Low For Requirements???

13Next

Replies

• @DarkReaper and @Azel9QThroma ... thanks for the info

So key to less gear clearly is through the omega route. With uniques / leader Omega'd it's apparent you can readily do it with g7/g8 heroes

Later today I'll have the shards for the attempt. I'm going to try keeping them at g7 with selective omegas and see how it goes.

Nice...good luck. Pull off an all G7 run that would be the lowest I've seen so far.
  • Basically the key seem to be wipeout DT's and zeb. Once You pass through both dt it's a open route to beating Thrawn. Having high crit dmg also helps a lot.
    Will keep fingers crossed!
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    I believe that generally (unless you had a stockpile of crystals or had very good RNG) Thrawn at this point was technically a p2p toon in a f2p formatted event
    Not at all. Marquee event characters are released F2P at 3*. Anything past 3* is behind a pay wall.
    Thrawn was super easy for anybody to 5*, even easy to 6* if you bothered to plan it out. Only 7* was mostly behind a pay wall, except for a few very well prepared F2P. So completely F2P, you could fairly easily get six characters at 6* with just Sabine lagging behind at 3-5*.

Not for me - I lacked the stockpiles to refresh stores and buy needed shards like Chopper.

The only toons I got to 5 almost 6* was Kannan and Zeb.

In Cantina it came down to a choice really between Herra and Ezra - so I spread the love equally between them achieving them to 4* but not quite the needed 5* to at least unlock Thrawn.

As for Sabine - forget it.

Its not that big of a deal for me, I am quite content to wait and I will get Thrawn (likely at 7*) next time the event roles around.

I just think it was a forced time sensitive release that catered mainly to the player base that was either p2p or had the stockpiles necessary to get him.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    @DarkReaper and @Azel9QThroma ... thanks for the info

So key to less gear clearly is through the omega route. With uniques / leader Omega'd it's apparent you can readily do it with g7/g8 heroes

Later today I'll have the shards for the attempt. I'm going to try keeping them at g7 with selective omegas and see how it goes.

Good luck my friend! :smile:
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    I believe that generally (unless you had a stockpile of crystals or had very good RNG) Thrawn at this point was technically a p2p toon in a f2p formatted event
    Not at all. Marquee event characters are released F2P at 3*. Anything past 3* is behind a pay wall.
    Thrawn was super easy for anybody to 5*, even easy to 6* if you bothered to plan it out. Only 7* was mostly behind a pay wall, except for a few very well prepared F2P. So completely F2P, you could fairly easily get six characters at 6* with just Sabine lagging behind at 3-5*.

Not for me - I lacked the stockpiles to refresh stores and buy needed shards like Chopper.
    Did you do the unlock events back in March/April?
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • thanks to you guys for all the tips, that helped me doing it.

i've stacked some arena and gw currency and refreshed cantina energy 5times per day since thrawn was announced and managed to 7* ezra and hera yesterday.
    kanan, chopper and zeb completed the wet noodle squadron today and joined the spaghetti fest!

i managed to do it with gear10 lvl 80 ezra,
    g8 lvl 80 hera
    g8 lvl 75 chopper
    g7 lvl 80 zeb
    g7 lvl 80 kanan

a few minutes ago.

i was able to do the farming without buying any packs or shards from shipments and shardshop! so the FTP way is possible with a crystal stack and top3 arena finish each day!
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

Did you do the unlock events back in March/April?

Yep - got'em all - that was a good event!
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    thanks to you guys for all the tips, that helped me doing it.

i've stacked some arena and gw currency and refreshed cantina energy 5times per day since thrawn was announced and managed to 7* ezra and hera yesterday.
    kanan, chopper and zeb completed the wet noodle squadron today and joined the spaghetti fest!

i managed to do it with gear10 lvl 80 ezra,
    g8 lvl 80 hera
    g8 lvl 75 chopper
    g7 lvl 80 zeb
    g7 lvl 80 kanan

a few minutes ago.

i was able to do the farming without buying any packs or shards from shipments and shardshop! so the FTP way is possible with a crystal stack and top3 arena finish each day!

Possible... which is the minority of the f2p player base unfortunately - and EA knows it, hence the pack purchases in store.
  • i didnt say it was easy, probably he's not even worth it, but thanks to the lack of content i had nothing else to do after almost 18 month in the game
  • Gear 7 did not happen. Gear 8, with omegas on Hera's lead, Kanan's unique, Chopper's unique, Ezra's basic and unique, and Zeb's unique. Took a while for the RNG to line up, but I went from not completing a bunch of times to 3* it. I equipped minor pieces of gear past g8 (no carbantis, syringes, holos, raid gear, etc...). I'll post an image later today. Mods were what I used here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1135699/#Comment_1135699 except that I switched a couple of mods on Zeb to give him extra potency. Getting him above 70% seemed key for landing daze/stun on Thrawn.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Gear 7 did not happen. Gear 8, with omegas on Hera's lead, Kanan's unique, Chopper's unique, Ezra's basic and unique, and Zeb's unique. Took a while for the RNG to line up, but I went from not completing a bunch of times to 3* it. I equipped minor pieces of gear past g8 (no carbantis, syringes, holos, raid gear, etc...). I'll post an image later today. Mods were what I used here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1135699/#Comment_1135699 except that I switched a couple of mods on Zeb to give him extra potency. Getting him above 70% seemed key for landing daze/stun on Thrawn.

Awesome stuff mate - congrats!
  • Screenshot as I promised: P3DSSmE.png
  • @DarkReaper and @Azel9QThroma ... thanks for the info

Nice...good luck. Pull off an all G7 run that would be the lowest I've seen so far.
    Screenshot as I promised: P3DSSmE.png

Sweet! Congrats. Power is in the omegas - saves a lot of gear that way.
  • Mikkx
    14 posts Member
    OEb85Rv.jpg

Omega on Hera's Leader, Kanan & Ezra's unique

2hours to be alone with Hera Zeb Ezra VS Thrawn.
    It was hot !

https://swgoh.gg/u/dakas friends/
  • So what is the strategy here. I've got them all halfway through G8 except G9 Ezra with mods that seem comparable to what is posted here and my best run in about 15 tries is only getting down the 2 DT + tank.
  • Mikkx
    14 posts Member
    It's a really long fight. Kanan has to debuff with his basic every time he can. Zeb has to daze/Stun DT and Thrawn. You have to keep enemies's health up to 50%, and then one short them before the healers save him.
    Try to keep you protection high. You need to have Ezra Hera en Zeb stand up to beat thrawn, assist daze/Stun.
    Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.