Help, I've been promoted!

Tman
257 posts Member
So a bit of backstory, I'm in a summer 16 shard can't remember when. I had joined a guild a couple months ago, got kicked out for no apparent reason(except maybe weakish toons). Got invited to a new guild the next day and in less than 18 hours got promoted to guild officer.
I know I should be happy but this is the first time (through 2 guilds) that I have been guild officer, what should I do?
I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman

Replies

• crzydroid
    7286 posts Moderator
    Find a new guild. If you're an officer after less thn 18 hours, it's not a very organized guild.
  • ^ Leave as soon as possible, no guild that is at the very least decent would promote someone to officer in less than a day.
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    to be fair it's probably because you've got a strong roster in comparison to the rest and they want to keep you.

I'd argue that if you can finish top 3 that could be a reason to stay. sure it's great to have GK but I quite like all the raid rewards from finishing higher.

The main thing to look at is the amount of raid tickets they raise as that obviously affects how often you can raid and get the rewards. you want a bare minimum of 15k per day. the serious guilds command close to max 30k.

not everyone wants a Vladimir putin style regime behind their guild. maybe they're a good bunch of guys that have fun and want a strong officer.

that said if you do want to change guild @Tman PM me! lol. my guild is a great bunch of guys. we enjoy raiding, we're strong (do heroic rancor) but we're not such **** holes to demand everyone does 600 tickets every single day!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Run away, run away.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    kick everyone obviously, it's bound to happen someday when the leader is promoting new members after just 16 hours.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Tman
    257 posts Member
    I don't want to leave because I find that would be rude, they gave me a honor so I would like to repay that. My question is mostly what to do as a guild officer.
    I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman
  • from what I can tell half do nothing other half are super cops
  • crzydroid
    7286 posts Moderator
    Tman wrote: »
    I don't want to leave because I find that would be rude, they gave me a honor so I would like to repay that. My question is mostly what to do as a guild officer.

Get on officer chat, open raids, kick people who don't participate or are inactive for a long time, remind everyone of raid rules, point people in the direction of what squads to farm for HAAT, etc.
  • Socerace
    158 posts Member
    Literally everything that was said above. If you are in a 3rd party chat, be helpful and active to anyone less experienced, offer tips, be sure to be prompt in starting raids and listing rules (if any) always encourage the ticket production. Just be a positive influence wherever applicable.