Fix thrawn Ai for real

Prev1
Cloud24
206 posts Member
edited June 2017
No that enough! Make thrawn use fracture and fix his Ai

thrawn use his basic and dispel instead of fracture he even dispel when there is no buff(and my entire thread is about thrawn outside of an empire team)

we worked hard enough F2P and P2P to get this supposed (Legendary character that has an extremely bad AI)

Thrawn is a good character but im seriously disappointed during all this time when the character was tested no one did think about making Thrawn AI functional.

what the point of developping an such interesting ability if the Ai cannot even use it.

This is just a simple fix. Fix it already!

In short i want them to make thrawn use Fracture as his opening ability. This is what i am saying

Post edited by Cloud24 on

Replies

• StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    Because it is a dispel. Unless there is someone with a buff, he will not use his Fracture.
  • Cloud24
    206 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Because it is a dispel. Unless there is someone with a buff, he will not use his Fracture.

Thus making thrawn an useless character almost
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Cloud24 wrote: »

Being poor on defense only makes him like many of the other characters in the game.
    And defense is far less than half the game.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Cloud24
    206 posts Member
    Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »

Being poor on defense only makes him like many of the other characters in the game.

defence is everything in arena
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options

No, it's not. And Arena is only a small part of the game.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

holding on defence is less important than being able to climb the ranks on offence imo.
    but i agree on thrawn, he should open with fracture.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Cloud24
    206 posts Member
    Options

it is not but not many people have him at 7* for the others parts of the game
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Climbing rank on offense is easy, not dropping 20-points overnight is the issue. I sure as heck don't want to fall from 1st to 20+ overnight and have to work my way back up. All teams are beatable at this point but there is a difference between a team that will drop 10-points overnight and a team that will drop 20 or more overnight. A squad with Thrawn is that latter. It may not matter to some people but it does matter to others, defense is the most important part of Arena. Having a good defensive squad also helps against payout snipers that hit people from first outside of their payout times.

Arena may only be part of the game for many players it is more important than raid. For those that prefer raids that's fine, but you shouldn't discount those that feel Arena is more important. The AI doesn't matter for raiding because you're not auto-battling through if you're trying for a strong score. But in Arena we want a more effective AI for defense.
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    Climbing rank on offense is easy, not dropping 20-points overnight is the issue. I sure as heck don't want to fall from 1st to 20+ overnight and have to work my way back up. All teams are beatable at this point but there is a difference between a team that will drop 10-points overnight and a team that will drop 20 or more overnight. A squad with Thrawn is that latter. It may not matter to some people but it does matter to others, defense is the most important part of Arena. Having a good defensive squad also helps against payout snipers that hit people from first outside of their payout times.

Arena may only be part of the game for many players it is more important than raid. For those that prefer raids that's fine, but you shouldn't discount those that feel Arena is more important. The AI doesn't matter for raiding because you're not auto-battling through if you're trying for a strong score. But in Arena we want a more effective AI for defense.

If you want a team that holds on defense, then make one. Not every character that is released is going to fit that bill.
  • Options

If you want a team that holds on defense, then make one. Not every character that is released is going to fit that bill.

I do have one actually, but not everybody has the luxury. And if I have use an offensive squad to get to 1st it's kind of silly to have to refresh and throw a defensive squad in there isn't it?
  • Bones
    456 posts Member
    Options
    Thrawn is far from useless in arena. I do agree and would love for his fracture to be used first all the time, but he is an amazing character either way.
  • Cloud24
    206 posts Member
    Options
    Bones wrote: »
    Thrawn is far from useless in arena. I do agree and would love for his fracture to be used first all the time, but he is an amazing character either way.

i said bad ai not useless and yah
  • Cloud24
    206 posts Member
    Options

finally someone who understand
  • Svatlas
    183 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    the ai is horrible....The characters clean themselves, though no Debuuf is on them. I'm disappointed with all the empire reworks or chars. What are the devs are doing all the day long? pocket billard?
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Seriously? What about Resistance then? Or AI against Jedi? Or just Yoda? Fix those who have been in the game for long first.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Boo hoo. Cry more about losing on defense. All the posts on here since Thrawn's release have been about his bad AI. If you can get rank 1 at payout (or whatever your goal is) then defense doesn't matter at all. In fact, if you go down to 10-20 then you can fight a different variety of teams than the same 5 you fight everyday otherwise if you stayed at rank 1.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options

it is not but not many people have him at 7* for the others parts of the game
    And how many people who weren't able to get him to 7* are also going to use him in Arena in the first place? And you can very easily use Thrawn 4x on offense (or more if you refresh) and then use a good defense team on your last Arena attempt, negating most of his bad defense.
  • Options
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    Boo hoo. Cry more about losing on defense. All the posts on here since Thrawn's release have been about his bad AI. If you can get rank 1 at payout (or whatever your goal is) then defense doesn't matter at all. In fact, if you go down to 10-20 then you can fight a different variety of teams than the same 5 you fight everyday otherwise if you stayed at rank 1.

If you enjoy that type of thing, then yes. Not all of us have time or desire to climb back 20 points per day. Why is it so difficult to expect EA to design a character that is effectively used by the AI? I don't understand why that expectation is being downplayed.
  • Options
    The event Thrawn is hard enough without them changing his priortization. Maybe they will change it once the event ends.
  • Bones
    456 posts Member
    Options
    Bones wrote: »

i said bad ai not useless and yah

hmmm....
  • Options

Realistically, it's 50% of arena.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Options

If you enjoy that type of thing, then yes. Not all of us have time or desire to climb back 20 points per day. Why is it so difficult to expect EA to design a character that is effectively used by the AI? I don't understand why that expectation is being downplayed.

If you don't have the desire to climb a whopping 20 ranks a day (5 attacks) then you shouldn't be playing this game
  • Options

If you don't have the desire to climb a whopping 20 ranks a day (5 attacks) then you shouldn't be playing this game

Who are you to judge how I should or shouldn't be playing this game? I invest in good characters and mods so I can build the best all-around teams to accommodate my time commitment. I refuse to invest time into Thrawn because his AI doesn't suit my needs; better? Again, why is it so hard to expect EA to develop their characters to work properly in all scenarios? Is it a millennial thing to just make excuses why things can't be done properly?
  • Options
    Is there any discernible difference between a thrawn zeta and non zeta in arena? Specifically, if he's not being used as a leader?
  • Options
    Yes, his ai could use a small tweak. But it is far far from making him a "useless" character and it's something that is not crucial to change right away. So many drama queens.
  • Options
    Veritasum wrote: »
    Yes, his ai could use a small tweak. But it is far far from making him a "useless" character and it's something that is not crucial to change right away. So many drama queens.

He is definitely not useless but it does make you second guess if you want to invest in him or not depending on how you enjoy playing the game.
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options

I do have one actually, but not everybody has the luxury. And if I have use an offensive squad to get to 1st it's kind of silly to have to refresh and throw a defensive squad in there isn't it?

I agree it's silly that our defense is always the team we fight with, but that's a whole different issue. And not everyone has the luxury of getting Thrawn, either, so not sure what your point is there. My point was simply that not every character they release is going to be arena viable (re: Phoenix) and of the ones that are, not all of them will be great on defense. It's just how it is.
  • Options

I agree it's silly that our defense is always the team we fight with, but that's a whole different issue. And not everyone has the luxury of getting Thrawn, either, so not sure what your point is there. My point was simply that not every character they release is going to be arena viable (re: Phoenix) and of the ones that are, not all of them will be great on defense. It's just how it is.

Agree not all are viable. Phoenix isn't arena viable because of their overall stats and abilities, so they're really just a GW or Raid team. EA isn't going to overhaul their stats to make them strong in Arena. Thrawn is difficult because of his AI. As EA has demonstrated with other characters the AI is fixable; I don't know why there's so much push back regarding such a correction to his programming.
  • Mastoraz
    156 posts Member
    Options
    Live PvP - fixed
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options

Agree not all are viable. Phoenix isn't arena viable because of their overall stats and abilities, so they're really just a GW or Raid team. EA isn't going to overhaul their stats to make them strong in Arena. Thrawn is difficult because of his AI. As EA has demonstrated with other characters the AI is fixable; I don't know why there's so much push back regarding such a correction to his programming.

I'm not even opposed to the change, I just get tired of the entitlement here. This community expects every character to be everything, and that's just not possible. You have Thrawn, you found out he doesn't hold well on defense, so switch your team. If they change his AI, then put him back in. Not exactly a difficult concept. Coming on here to whine that he is useless because he uses his dispel to dispel is such an odd reaction.