Carbanti's, Stun Gun's and Cuffs.

Replies

• 2findaz wrote: »
    I just want to know where i should farm stun cuffs. Anyplace I farm them has a horrible drop rate. More than a few times I have refreshed my energy twice and didnt get one stun cuff

I buy all of mine from Fleet shipments. I can easily get a full set in about a week if I have good RNG. Now they haven't shown up in a couple days and my Kenobi needs 150 of them :(
  • nite0wl29 wrote: »
    2findaz wrote: »
    I just want to know where i should farm stun cuffs. Anyplace I farm them has a horrible drop rate. More than a few times I have refreshed my energy twice and didnt get one stun cuff

I buy all of mine from Fleet shipments. I can easily get a full set in about a week if I have good RNG. Now they haven't shown up in a couple days and my Kenobi needs 150 of them :(

XD I'm the same with guns now... Thrawn needs 150 and there wasn't even one refresh of them in the ship store ever since the event started.
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • Melvil
    242 posts Member
    It's getting ridiculous with this gear now...I've said it many times and will say it again - the thing that bugs me the most is the MK3 Holoprojector.....Back in the day when the max level was 60/70 the max Gear was G8 (and rarely G9) and the Holoprojectors were the gear wall to induce spending. Currently however we are at G11 (with G12 looming in the background) and yet the Mk3 Holoprojector is still a gear wall which is ridiculous. 95% of the heroes in the game need at least 1, and most of them need multiple on multiple gear levels (and I'm not even going to mention the dumbfounding case with Magmatrooper who needs 3 MK3 Holoprojectors to go from G7 to G8 :smiley: ). And on top of that, besides by itself, the Mk3 holoprojector is used in at least 2 (at the top of my head) other types of Gear....it just makes no sense. I don't have the will to be upset about Guns and Cuffs and Carbantis because It takes me so long to get to worry about them.

It's cool though how half my roster lights up like a Christmas tree when I finally manage to collect a full piece of either. :smiley: I really enjoy watching the videos of all the youtubers here but I honestly cringe when they review a character and don't include Stun Cuffs and Stun Guns as "Raid Gear", because in my eyes they are raid exclusive gear. :smiley:
    • I saw some good ideas here about scaling the rewards in daily challenges based on player level and am wondering why hasn't this been done yet. Or maybe just rotate the gear on a monthly basis - put Mk3 Holoprojectors, Mk5 Syringes, Mk8 Weapons mods, Mk2 Bacta Gel, Mk3 Comlinks and some new blue and green gear as well.
    • Why is the rip-off of a Mk4 Stun Gun for 1400 crystals still a thing in shipments? I currently have 3254 salvage for it - can I maybe trade it in for crystals? Or for the same amount of Stun cuff salvage, seeing as they are at the same price in shipments?
    • Why was the change in guild store made so that raid gear is only available as 2 salvage for 800 currency?
    • Why can't we request most tank gear in guild exchange - It's not like we could get more than 2 salvage anyway?
    • Why are raid rewards still broken - I get that they have to be random but it just doesn't make sense that in the last 2 months I haven't gotten a single Mk4 Comlink prototype but have over 400 Nubian Scanners? And why are we still getting challenge gear in Tank raids?
    • Why not introduce a Gear heist of some sorts? We're not asking to be drowning in gear but to be able to feel like we're making progress would be good. You introduced the Credit heist when there was a huge credit wall, and then reworked it and made it even better to get rid of the problem - now we are not overflowing with cash and maxed out characters but we have enough for everyone to steadily follow their plan. Same could be done for gear.
    • Gear shop - we have a shard shop - why not one for gear. With the appropriate exchange rate it could be a really nice addition to the game.

And anyway, maybe when (if) this new game mode comes it will ease the gear crunch, but it should not be used to blind us and leave all the other current problems with gear unresolved.
  • Osh
    126 posts Member
    Can't read the word "Nubian" without saying it in Watto's voice either in game or on this forum.

But yeah, Gear Shop (run by Watto obviously) and gear heist would solve so many problems.
  • Osh wrote: »
    Can't read the word "Nubian" without saying it in Watto's voice either in game or on this forum.

But yeah, Gear Shop (run by Watto obviously) and gear heist would solve so many problems.

I like this idea!
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    +1 to OP. I like the idea of a gear event a la Credit Heist, but it would need to drop a lot of stun guns & cuffs to make a difference. There are just too many toons now, and we can't keep up anymore with the old drop rates.

Also agree that raid rewards should never be for challenge gear that we all have hundreds if not thousands of already.
  • I think the reason some of the gear is so difficult to "farm" is coz the focus for those pieces is on the whales, who can afford to buy them with real money. Having said that, I see and face the crunch myself (I'm a guppy, if you're wondering). But what I have done is, put together a spreadsheet which helps me plan the gear and make the best investment of my resources.I have built it for GK at the moment and working on doing the same for other toons which I have on my radar. I feel the best thing @EA_Jesse / @CG_Kozispoon should work on implementing is to have a Gear Inventory so we can plan the gear accordingly. But the struggle is real and I think here to stay.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    I have no idea how people are short on Mk 3 Carbantis...I have 500+ on both accounts. Then again, I don't have GK, so...
  • Roc_Laivindur
    211 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Dryff wrote: »
    I have no idea how people are short on Mk 3 Carbantis...I have 500+ on both accounts. Then again, I don't have GK, so...

I built a spreadsheet to keep up with the gear needs for my ~10 highest-priority toons at any one time. I currently need 1900 Mk 3 carbanti sensor arrays, including 350 to get Sun Fac to g10, 300 to finish getting Resistance to g11, 350 to max Kenobi, and 250 for Nihilus and Sith Trooper combined.
  • Those 3 are EA's money makers!
  • Dryff wrote: »

I'm guessing that you either don't have many toons geared past 8 for the amount of time you have played, or else have spent a lot of crystals on carbantis at some point. Also longer term players have a bit of an advantage, as carbantis were reduced from an average of 5 per challenge to no more than 4 when gear challenges were "improved."

In either case, 500 carbanti salvage in a drop in the bucket. Pretty much any two toons you would want to gear up will eat all those and ask for more. And if you want to build a Chirpatine team for HAAT you can say goodbye to ever having surplus carbantis again.
  • Those 3 are EA's money makers!

• I saw the solution and that is fleet shipments. This game is all about resource management. You can't expect to gear every character in one week. We'd get bored if it was like that. I am working on maxing Kenobi now, granted I did save some gear for him, but mainly for the cuffs and guns I bought from fleet instead of zetas. If you are buying zetas don't complain about missing gear, if you are buying gear don't complain about missing zetas. There is plenty of opportunities to get gear in time if you do it right.

I do agree challenge gear in raids is dumb but then there's no more carbantis so that's a problem.
  • phatphil3 wrote: »
    I saw the solution and that is fleet shipments. This game is all about resource management. You can't expect to gear every character in one week. We'd get bored if it was like that. I am working on maxing Kenobi now, granted I did save some gear for him, but mainly for the cuffs and guns I bought from fleet instead of zetas. If you are buying zetas don't complain about missing gear, if you are buying gear don't complain about missing zetas. There is plenty of opportunities to get gear in time if you do it right.

I do agree challenge gear in raids is dumb but then there's no more carbantis so that's a problem.

This helps to a point, for sure. I bought 3-5 zetas early on, stopped doing that when I realized I needed gear more. But still, I'm tremendously low on stun guns, droid callers, holo projectors, stun cuffs, and carbanti sensor arrays, given what I need just for my top-5 toon targets, let alone everybody else in my collection who I can't even consider as part of my squad development for the next 6 months at current rates.

I don't want to suddenly see a glut of gear thrown at players so that everybody has instant access to g11 on every toon -- I really enjoy the resource management, as you describe. But I absolutely think other posters are correct that the resources we need to develop our toons--gear in particular--have largely not kept up with the influx of new toons and gear levels to the game. There is a way to alleviate the gear crunch while still forcing players to make tough choices and be aware of which toons they choose to focus at any given time.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    I get depressed every time I look at gear needed on swgoh.gg
    WdPFGjY.jpg
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • SUPERG1 wrote: »
    The restrictive gear requirements are stopping players from exploring new squad comps, pay or free. Let's all not for get there is still a G12 looming in the future, with over 100 toons to work with, certain pieces of gear require tens of thousands salvage pieces. Really?
    This exactly this. these days anyone needs to be G11 to be viable, and that can take upwards of a month to farm for a single toon. there's no fun experimenting, no playing with squad composition, and so help you if you committed to the wrong team (coff coff resistance) you are left behind in the dust.

• Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    You can get 50 cuffs in 2 days: spend your fleet rewards towards gear...
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Soundemon wrote: »
    SUPERG1 wrote: »
    The restrictive gear requirements are stopping players from exploring new squad comps, pay or free. Let's all not for get there is still a G12 looming in the future, with over 100 toons to work with, certain pieces of gear require tens of thousands salvage pieces. Really?
    This exactly this. these days anyone needs to be G11 to be viable, and that can take upwards of a month to farm for a single toon. there's no fun experimenting, no playing with squad composition, and so help you if you committed to the wrong team (coff coff resistance) you are left behind in the dust.

Resistance is an insane team ;) Just really bad against Jedi but otherwise solid.
  • Cloud24
    206 posts Member
    the carbanti are fine
  • Neo2551 wrote: »

If I remember well, fleet store refreshes three times. IF RNGesus is with you and you get cuffs every time, that is 15/day. In two days that's 30... and you need to get 10 daily from sims...
    And that is supposing you get the bless of mighty RNGesus.

bcf.png
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Neo2551 wrote: »

If I remember well, fleet store refreshes three times. IF RNGesus is with you and you get cuffs every time, that is 15/day. In two days that's 30... and you need to get 10 daily from sims...

bcf.png

You have 3 spots where cuffs can land ;).

And you have 15 cuffs per day by farming them with usual energy ;) Drop rate is 25% and I assume you spend the three refeshes at 50 on cuffs.

bcf.png

And you have 15 cuffs per day by farming them with usual energy ;)

Not that I'm complaining, I have 75 right now and don't want to gear up anyone who needs it.
    But as I've seen, the best scenario is it showing up twice a day, but normally it comes once in two days.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member

bcf.png

Not that I'm complaining, I have 75 right now and don't want to gear up anyone who needs it.
    But as I've seen, the best scenario is it showing up twice a day, but normally it comes once in two days.

So maybe buy guns as well?

bcf.png

And you have 15 cuffs per day by farming them with usual energy ;) Drop rate is 25% and I assume you spend the three refeshes at 50 on cuffs.

Pretty sure all the people who have collected large amounts of data got a 20% drop rate on cuffs. Not to mention any non whales are going to be spending a fair bit of energy on hard nodes for toons like Nihilus, Baze, and Shoretrooper, unless they can't even unlock those nodes. And then there are a couple valuable characters in fleet shipments that also take up your limited currency, and if you want to get any decent amount of fleet currency in the first place you have to spend a bunch of it on shards for ships like Scimitar, Slave 1, TIE Advanced, etc.

Sure if you drop everything to panic farm one set of stun cuffs you might be able to get one in two days, but one cuff is only a tiny fraction of the gear needed to get one toon to a useable level. Most people are doing good if they can gear one toon to 11 in a month, and when gear 12 comes out that is going to jump to 2 or even 3 months.
  • Sure if you drop everything to panic farm one set of stun cuffs you might be able to get one in two days, but one cuff is only a tiny fraction of the gear needed to get one toon to a useable level. Most people are doing good if they can gear one toon to 11 in a month, and when gear 12 comes out that is going to jump to 2 or even 3 months.

So much this. I get a real kick out of people trying to shut down concerns by pointing out "look, I found a way for you to get a single piece of gear you need in less than a week, by ignoring everything else in the game! Problems all solved, no more gear crunch!"

As you suggest, I'm using 120 energy per day to farm DN and Shore, and I also frequently use energy refreshes to work on FOTP and FOST, since I still don't have offense mods top tier unlocked yet. Throwing more energy at Baze farm is just the height of extravagance for me. This all doesn't exactly leave a lot of room to also drop 200+ energy on gear every day.
  • Vaylin
    39 posts Member
    Lately, all the new characters have required so many carbanti's, stun sun's or cuffs. The new Thrawn and PS, man they required so many carbantis, stun guns, and other raid gear. Thrawn in particular requires so many carbantis and stun guns. They are probably do this to get people to buy gear with crystals. If you compare the rogue one characters didn't have these many carbantis, stun guns, and arky droid callers.
  • Glad this thread is getting some attention. It's important we discuss this stuff.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Glad this thread is getting some attention. It's important we discuss this stuff.

This is not a new topic. There will consistently be a "crunch" of some sort, no matter how many times they boost a certain 'income area' (nodes that drop a particular salvage, semi-regular events like Credit Heist, etc). Like most games, the "grind" towards the end can feel daunting. I always have a hero I'm working on, and when I'm getting close to finished, I feel more and more intensely frustrated when I don't get the drops I want.

Tragedy is, I let it raise my blood pressure for a sec... It's really easy to let it get to you. I can look and see how many pieces of gear I've already been able to craft, so I know it happens albeit slowly, especially for that final two gear levels. You will get it, just never as fast as you probably want. At least that's my experience.

Logistically, there are certain types of gear that aren't used on as many heroes, hence why I have so many of those purple frisbee things and never enough stun guns.

Remember though, the grind IS the game: it's supposed to be tough at the end.

I'm moving this to feedback since you're looking for more attention on the topic.

Cheers.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107

bcf.png

So maybe buy guns as well?

As I've said, these gears drop around once in two days. I *am* buying when they show up.
    Jeez ppl learn to read...
  • Still need more....