Flash events

TofuMao
630 posts Member
edited June 2017
This is not a rant about flash events, it's about it's times.
I know the game has many hours a day that you collect stuff, but it's click and go, for 2 hours. Those flash events, well, I work from 6pm or 4pm until 3-4 am, so I miss everytime the one in the morning at 10 am, due to being asleep, then the midday one, no trouble, it's doable because about to eat or so, and then 6pm I start working and can't log, another miss, and now.... for the last 2 times I have not seen the 10pm one, is it gone??? Quite unfair for people that work late night that we get 3 hours to do stuff when 2 of them I can't connect, can we please get back the 10pm one??? And add a 2am one, and you could make it like raids, after X done in a day you don't get rewards, anyone support??
I know that would be a lot of work to do only for 1 asking but would be much better for fairness on our comunity. Thanks

Ps: 10pm I usually take a small break before getting back on for the last 4 hours...
@CG_Kozispoon
@CG_Rydigs
@EA_Jesse
@CG_TopHat

Replies

• Gavstar
    214 posts Member
    I REALLY hope the data shows how these Flash events have been a great disappointment. Failure of its implementation, failure of its notification method, and failure to achieve its objective, which was to help gear Phoenix Squadron members.

I would say I'm fairly good with committing to logging into SWGOH and actively / religiously get all the energy refreshes and store purchases.

But for the life of me, I have had a very poor hit rate with the Flash events, I believe less then 40-50% participation rate on the events. It does not help when there is no event notification on the landing screen. I think this is an oversight given such how the event had such a small window of opportunity. I'm certain that I've been logged in, and have not even been aware that the event was opened.

I'm sure your analyst will have the big picture. The Flash event from my player's experience, would score this very low on any Net Promoter Score for the game.
  • flux_rono
    2119 posts Member
    I agree i work nights a lot and ill miss 1 to 2 of the events each time, since i cant just stop working to play it....

I think the flash events should be changed to either 1 reward a day but its a lot (so once you win you dont need to know the time for the next one) or make the intervals of the event being active longer. (12am-5am, 8am-12pm, 3pm-8pm, 9pm-12am) random times but longer for chances to play them and so show a point... 1 hours is not good same for 2 hours.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Gavstar wrote: »
    I REALLY hope the data shows how these Flash events have been a great disappointment. Failure of its implementation, failure of its notification method, and failure to achieve its objective, which was to help gear Phoenix Squadron members.

I would say I'm fairly good with committing to logging into SWGOH and actively / religiously get all the energy refreshes and store purchases.

But for the life of me, I have had a very poor hit rate with the Flash events, I believe less then 40-50% participation rate on the events. It does not help when there is no event notification on the landing screen. I think this is an oversight given such how the event had such a small window of opportunity. I'm certain that I've been logged in, and have not even been aware that the event was opened.

I'm sure your analyst will have the big picture. The Flash event from my player's experience, would score this very low on any Net Promoter Score for the game.

Flash events are likely not intended to be solely promotional. I think that the idea behind them is to reward the long-standing and dedicated player base. People have been in the forums asking for additional resources by which to farm gear. The flash event gives that gear at a pretty decent rate, to those who participate.

I would say that the majority of players have been accepting, and even enjoyed taking part in these events. If they were to remove flash events altogether, I doubt that the currently subtle upset would match the outrage of anyone who actually enjoys this new little freebie.
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    Agree with OP that we already have more than enough times where the game forces us to log in at some inflexible time (bonus energy, Arena payout,... Even Raids turn like that). I'd much rather have it like the challenges... You get 5 attempts per day with some (long perhaps) refresh cooldown, but we are free to do them anytime that we are actually able to play.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Yep, timed stuff is bad.
  • CoReTeX
    202 posts Member
    If they have to be timed, at least time them to bonus energy and make it a 2h window. most people log in at that time anyway..
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    spot on. purely down to the fact that while the thrawn event was on, you had no way of being notified the flash event was on. it's not like you're going to click on events every time you log in.

I actually like the flash events. It's precious free gear for a FTP player like me. It was very poorly implemented this time round.
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Gavstar wrote: »

Flash events are likely not intended to be solely promotional. I think that the idea behind them is to reward the long-standing and dedicated player base. People have been in the forums asking for additional resources by which to farm gear. The flash event gives that gear at a pretty decent rate, to those who participate.

I would say that the majority of players have been accepting, and even enjoyed taking part in these events. If they were to remove flash events altogether, I doubt that the currently subtle upset would match the outrage of anyone who actually enjoys this new little freebie.
    I'm not asking the to remove them but to put back the 10pm time and to add another one for us that play Kate night, it's not like logging and collect, you actually have to lose a minute to fight and for us that work at different times, it's unfair, and that doesn't mean we are less dedicated, just unlucky
  • Arkham
    275 posts Member
    Dev response would be great on this. I'd rather have tournaments than flash events.

At least I could participate in the tournaments if I wanted to ...
    Enthusiast of undervalued toons, general dismisser of trends,
    https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/, A Team
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Arkham wrote: »
    Dev response would be great on this. I'd rather have tournaments than flash events.

At least I could participate in the tournaments if I wanted to ...

+1 on the devs response, and as per tournaments, I loved them, they finished at 5pm an hour before I start work, they were great ^_^
  • Well I'm a very longstanding & dedicated player and I totally agree with Op. I also WK nights til after midnight & miss out on 2 or more per day. 10am I'm asleep & 2pm too. I have an alarm to grab my midday energy then go straight back to sleep til about 3:30pm. At 6 & 9 I'm at WK. I usually go to the toilet around 7pm to collect energy & sometimes like Fri I had to do Hpit which I had to half Auto. I've tried to auto the flash event then too but after a couple tries have to give up. Other times tried manually & failed & can't try again since I can't sit in loo all night at WK! Most nights my break's between 8-9pm, which is in between the 2 events so I'm totally screwed. After 9 I only have a chance to click on my bonus energy. Maybe a chance to auto event but most likely its a defeat anyway. I also want night events. 2am 4am 6am whatever. I'm always up til at least 6 but usually more like 8am. And as someone who takes this game very seriously it does annoy me greatly to miss out on things because of timing. Not everyone is a 9-5 worker. We shouldn't be penalised because of it.