Poe's speed is 142, not 143

Prev134
Title says it all. I just checked mine and his speed is 142. This makes him turn 8 now, yes?

Am I crazy or was it not 143? Lol, did they sneak in a speed nerf on him while we weren't looking?

Replies

• Options
    I noticed that as well, no mention of it in the update
  • Options
    Woah
  • Options
    I'm testing it in pvp right now
  • Options
    Yep lol
  • Options
    That is pretty ridiculous if it indeed is the case and not a mistake or bug. No mention whatsoever in the update notes. That's kind of a big deal...
  • Options
    Kind of awesome!
  • Options
    Good.
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options
    dkredsox wrote: »
    That is pretty ridiculous if it indeed is the case and not a mistake or bug. No mention whatsoever in the update notes. That's kind of a big deal...

It's about time. Now we can actually try some new characters out in game. Just for that I might now buy that anakin bundle
  • MoBlaq
    582 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Thank god I got STHan 7*. I was going to work on Poe after I was done with QGJ but now i wont
  • Options
    This, combined with QGJ getting a speed boost as leader, excites me.

As a Poe player that is.

The one thing that always worried me was not finishing off QGJ due to a dodge, then he removes taunt and all his team become terminators. If he goes before my Poe for sure, ok, I'll take his assisted hit then go to town on his buddies.
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Options
    Indeed. 137 + 5
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Options
    Think this might have been from one of the gear changes.
  • Options
    Stealth nerf is pretty uncool.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    It is, the thermal detonator is giving less speed. Intended or no!
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    This has me laughing. I used to use Poe in my arena team, obviously I won't now but it doesn't upset me. Enough people were calling for this that it made sense to do. I'm just curious why slip it in all sneaky-like instead of just putting it in the patch notes.

Also, I think this verifies that team instinct's formula about speed is 100% correct, despite the fact that the devs said it wasn't. Why else reduce Poe's speed by 1 if it didn't function exactly like we are assuming it does.

Truly, I'm getting a good chuckle. Pretty good move for the game, overall though.
  • Options
    I have.....had 143 speed Poe for past few weeks and it's been great to easily be in top 5 everyday. However I'm glad this happened, so bored of all Poe teams, just wish they would of told us with the release notes
  • Options
    Bahaha. Good good, let the hate flow through you.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    This thread should be renamed "Arena Tank Purge Complete."
  • Options
    Naugrin wrote: »
    This thread should be renamed "Arena Tank Purge Complete."

STHan was just as strong (if not stronger) than Poe. His big setback was he didn't go first like Poe did. Now that Poe doesn't go fist, STHan will probably get more looks and he does far more than Poe as far as turn meter goes.
  • Options
    ea, cg, They squander their trust
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Sigh. I don't have a problem with the change, really I don't. But ever since the patch note preview where they told us that Arena teams would be revealed, I've spent countless energy and arena shipments on Poe...because they *didn't tell us anything about a change to his speed*. I actually leveled him to 70 and geared him to viii from nothing *two* days ago.

Now all that is essentially wasted. I think it was a reasonable choice to make a change to his meta, but doing it days after specifically giving notice saying *we're not changing anything but his tenacity and expose chance* is just ridiculous. Boggles the mind. For shame, CG.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    Nerf expose OR speed OR tenacity... not all 3 at once for god's sake...
  • Options
    Same old story regarding silent unannounced nerfs. poe useless + Phasma nerfed = whole new meta. back to the 200's in arena I guess. Whales are untouchable again.
  • Options
    Something I wrote 4 days ago, during an argument in which I was seen as being in the "nerf brigade":
    Because the current fix doesn't address the issue with him, they are now looking at further adjustments, but this has the potential for making things worse in two ways:
    1. Even more people will put resources into him thinking "okay he was nerfed but he's still basically the same", not realizing another change is coming (or realizing it but feeling they need to do it anyway.)
    2. The initial changes, while not fixing the problem with him, will make him too weak when the second changes are made.
    I'm still hoping this was unintentional. CG knows how controversial Poe is and this is a significant change.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Morgh wrote: »
    Nerf expose OR speed OR tenacity... not all 3 at once for god's sake...

Heheh, yeah. I'm with you there. I farmed him to 6 stars and got him to gear level 8. Now he's not going to get used for anything. I don't think he'll merit a spot in my arena squad, GW squad... anything now. They should really be a bit more forthcoming with changes that impact the game so much.
  • Options
    im curious if they changed his speed by 1 to test the results then never changed it back
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Something I wrote 4 days ago, during an argument in which I was seen as being in the "nerf brigade":
    Because the current fix doesn't address the issue with him, they are now looking at further adjustments, but this has the potential for making things worse in two ways:
    1. Even more people will put resources into him thinking "okay he was nerfed but he's still basically the same", not realizing another change is coming (or realizing it but feeling they need to do it anyway.)
    2. The initial changes, while not fixing the problem with him, will make him too weak when the second changes are made.
    I'm still hoping this was unintentional. CG knows how controversial Poe is and this is a significant change.

I highly doubt it, it is just enough to make the Poe problem go away.
  • Options
    *sigh* I'm slowly beginning to lozenge faith in CG. Had they mentioned this in the notes, I'd have had no issue with it. But since they didn't I used the 7k tokens I'd accumulated to star Poe up. Now seemingly that's gone to waste. Thanks, CG.
  • Options
    Take away the speed but leave his tenacity and expose alone! Un-double-nerf Poe campaign begin!
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

+1 if they reduce his spd like this they should at least undo the previous nerf