Ventress Unique not giving speed after enemies die

Let me just quote what her unique actually says to start off.
"Whenever any ally or enemy is defeated, Asajj Ventress gains Offense Up and Critical Chance Up for two actions and gains 50% Turn Meter. Asajj Ventress gains 15 Speed for each enemy with no buffs."

Clearly this move states that Asajj gains 15 speed for each non-buffed enemy, however, this is move always the case. After an enemy is defeated, Asajj doesn't gain the 15 speed she should from them, making her FAR less effective as the match draws on.

It doesn't make any sense that asajj wouldn't still gain speed from a dead enemy for 2 reasons.

1. Her kit is based around "gaining attack power on death" (paraphrased from her in-game description), but this inconsistency clearly reduces her overall strength after an enemy is defeated, contradicting her kit description.

2. Her unique in no way indicates that this is what is intended to occur. Just because an enemy is defeated, doesn't mean that they aren't still there. Defeating someone never means that you removed them from your presence, although that's precisely what this ability is currently doing. The ability also seems to think that a defeated enemy buff, which it clearly is not.

In short, I would really like to see this inconsistency fixed, as it's making an already underperforming toon worse than she should be, something that no toon deserves

Replies

• Yvaelle
    23 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Good points, Asajj should definitely be gaining 15 speed from defeated enemies too.

Just as a side-note, I'd be interested in seeing the 35% chance to stun on her basic attack removed, and replaced with something like either 35% more damage on her basic attack, or something like a 35% chance to attack again (she is a dual wielder after all).

The rare chance of a stun is really inconsistent control - having more damage in her kit would at least be reliable - and more consistent with the rest of her design.
  • scuba
    14041 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    That would be cool and all....
    Her description hasn't changed since her release. When she was released she didn't gain this 15 speed for un buffed opponents.
    The attack power she gains on death is most likely referring to the offense and crit chance up she gains on any character death.

The only change I see them making is the wording of her unique to
    "Asajj Ventress gains 15 Speed for each living enemy with no buffs."

However I doubt even that would happen.
  • scuba wrote: »
    That would be cool and all....
    Her description hasn't changed since her release. When she was released she didn't gain this 15 speed for un buffed opponents.
    The attack power she gains on death is most likely referring to the offense and crit chance up she gains on any character death.

The only change I see them making is the wording of her unique to
    "Asajj Ventress gains 15 Speed for each living enemy with no buffs."

However I doubt even that would happen.

That third paragraph sounds like a very familiar action, now where did it happen? I believe it involved some sort of bird...*phoenix event*