Should i bother with Kanan?

So, I know almost all of the Phoenix team is trash (minus Ezra and Sabine), but I am finding some good use in Kanan. I've got him at four stars and geared a decent amount, with meh mods. But I am curious-
Should I keep gearing or just leave him?

Replies

• M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    what good use have you found for him? to me he's an ultra slow toon without an auto taunt and only a partial cleanse....

the only good thing is the offense down combined with counter. But i can't place him out of the mediocre camp just for that one bit, right?
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Most tanks are decent for Raids and GW. There are plenty of Tanks better suited for those teams though, many of them Rebels as well. Ezra (targeted assist) and Sabine (armor break) are the only reasonable toons for mix and match with other comps outside of Phoenix.
  • Vaylin
    39 posts Member
    Options
    M_L wrote: »
    what good use have you found for him? to me he's an ultra slow toon without an auto taunt and only a partial cleanse....

the only good thing is the offense down combined with counter. But i can't place him out of the mediocre camp just for that one bit, right?

If they would add a zeta to making him auto taunt, then he would pretty good. Perhaps add second zeta that makes his single restore protection into an aoe restore protection with a higher amount for Kanan and the targeted character. That way Kanan would be pretty good, but maybe not as good compared to Baze, Shore, or GK, in terms of utility, but good for auto taunt and some support by restoring protection for the group.
  • Options
    He was great vs yoda. Taunt plus retribution takes care of foresight nicely. I was able to beat the first 4 tiers of yoda event with 2 level 1 toons and JC, mace, and kanan all around level 50 and gl 6 or less.
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    Options
    Uh so disclaimer I don't try bother for first place on anything my attention is to spread. That being said I'm looking forward to seeing him and Ezra underneath ima gun di in aat raids. Dem counters.
  • Options
    Kanan is fun behind an IGD-L. 100% counter chance with counter damage & taunts. Offense down helps and is fun to use in GW.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    He's just too easy to farm, so why not? especially if required to get thrawn - it would be way easier to get Kanan rather than Sabine to complete the necessary requirements to get thrawn.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Kanan is only good to get Thrawn and the other legendaries. While he may be a pretty decent character for startups, since you geared him to at least get the legendaries, overall there are other toons who are much more valuable for your time.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I used him at 6* gr 10 in my zQGJ arena team. He's a good tank especially against debuffing teams since he gains 25% Health everytime he gets a debuff (so with Vader's basic, it's everytime). I'm on the way to 7* him and I'll try him in hAAT further or later (Jedi bonus + tank + counter + offense down) where he can be good in P3.

I stopped using him in arena and replaced him by Ahsoka and I have now better result. Ezra calling Ahsoka can easily do more than 30k damage.

EDIT: be sure that you want to use him before gearing him since he needs a lot of hard resources from gr 9 to gr 10.
  • Options
    M_L wrote: »

I find use because he is ultra slow
    That means that his effects linger longer
    The protection up and taunts last for a great longer then usual with him, and my team is more DPS centered, meaning I've taken care of any cleansers by the time he taunts.