Speed vs TM gain

Elebrind
168 posts Member
Trying to figure out effective speed of toons when using SA. What is the calculation to figure out effective speed? I have a 251 speed SA and a 190 speed vader, what is the equation to determine the speed vader will be at after he gains 24% turn meter?

Replies

• crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    edited June 2017
    Ok, totally misread/didn't read your question. Retyping response now.
  • Elebrind
    168 posts Member
    This is not for maul lead. I'm using SA under Vader lead.
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    So your Vader is 75.7% of your SA, so that's the tm he will be at when your SA goes. Gaining 24 will put him at 99.7%. So it's probably safe to say his effective starting speed is 250.

Are you using Zaul at all?
  • Elebrind
    168 posts Member
    Thanks! That makes a lot of sense.

No, not using zaul. Working on some thrawn comps.
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    Ok, so again, anyone with more that 76% of SA's speed will have an effective speed of 1 less than SA. So in this case it's 191. Everyone who gets pushed to 100 at the same time will have rng determine who goes first.
  • Elebrind
    168 posts Member
    Thank you. Knew it was simple, brain just wouldn't get there for me.
  • Elebrind
    168 posts Member
    Is there a way to figure out what speed someone slower than 191 will act at? For instance will my 180 speed DN act before certain opponents or not?
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Elebrind wrote: »
    Is there a way to figure out what speed someone slower than 191 will act at? For instance will my 180 speed DN act before certain opponents or not?

If they aren't over 191 speed they're effetively starting the match with 24% TM. So DN would have an effective speed of 180/.76=236.8 So he would go before any enemy with 236 speed or less.
  • Effective Speed = Speed / (1-24%)
  • Elebrind
    168 posts Member
    Awesome, thanks
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    edited June 2017
    The above calculation is essentially correct since they are getting 24% more tm than they would naturally, but since it's contingent on SA going first, it's not as assured as a Zaul lead. So if someone was faster than SA and AB blocked or stunned her or removed her tm or fractured her or whatever, you need to keep that in mind.