Nightsister Team

This will be a long post but it covers every member of the nightsister team. I will list some bugs i have noticed and some of the characters need to be changed to synergize with the rest of the game.

Nightsister Initiate
Cut Down - At level 6 it kills the crit rate. It wasn't in the patch notes but it is a known issue.

Severing Strike - Healing Immunity needs to be added to this skill. Both Ventress and the Acolyte benefit from a killing blow. Only 2 characters have Buff Immunity, Initiate and Anakin. Anakin has it on his primary skill and it includes Healing Immunity. In fact, every character that has healing immunity, has it on their primary skill. Severing Strike only has buff immunity and its on a 4 turn cooldown. Adding healing immunity does not give it an edge over characters already in the game. It would just make this ability more uniform with the other characters and allow the Initiate to synergize with the team.

Talia
Draining Strike - There is a display issue. Currently at level 6 I should be getting 90% of the damage dealt.

Old Daka
Chant of Resurrection - Allies are being revived with de-buffs still attached (DOTs and Healing Imunity). If the DOT function is going to start acting as intended I forsee many posts about this. If those two de-buffs are on a character when revived at 1 hp, they will die as soon as their turn starts. I do not see de-buffs coming back with Serve Again.

Asajj Ventress
Currently listed as a support character. If the reason behind making her so slow was to allow the team to kill a target before her turn and raise her attack, wouldn't she be listed as an attacker?

Strike Fear - I'm not sure why the group heal was taken away instead of just changing the description. Either way, the AI Ventress uses the ability and procs the heal even if buffs are not visible. Also, AI Ventress used the ability and healed my Ventress.

Rampage - Does not proc when Ventress lands the killing blow.
**Does not remove the Defense Up buff from Chewbacca's leader ability. Other characters can not remove this buff either.**

Nightsister Acolyte
Currently listed as a healer.
Sacrificial Magics - Since the group heal was removed from Ventress, it should be added to this ability. Lobot (Support) removes de-buffs and heals the group. Admiral Ackbar (Support) removes de-buffs and heals the group. These characters also do not require a finishing blow to remove the de-buffs. Paired with a healing immunity with the Initiate it will encourage the group to work together.
**Sidious' Healing immunity can not be removed. Healing immunity applied by other characters can be removed. Other characters with the ability to remove de-buffs are able to remove healing immunity applied by any character other than Sidious.**

Thrill of Victory - Instead of changing Sacrificial Magics then this ability could be changed. Healing the group instead of just herself on a critical hit. She is listed as a healer but only heals herself, Ahsoka Tano is listed as an attacker and has a self heal and a group heal.

I am having trouble seeing the group synergy with the nightsister group. Right now the strategy seems to be wait and see what the enemy does and then react to it. Focus your target and try to keep Talia alive. The sith group has a lot of buffs from landing a finishing blow. Giving Sidious Healing immunity makes since. The nightsisters group benefits from killing blows too, but they don't have a healing immunity. The sisters have to save cooldowns and use standard attacks to force a healer to use a heal and then unload. Trying to line up a kill shot with Ventress and Acolyte comes down to luck most times. Making your AI harder meant the AI focuses on Talia, with the Acolyte in healing role this could help keep Talia alive during focus fire. I'm not complaining about the difficulty, but the nightsisters don't seem to work well together. Also, the nightsisters are supose to be Star Wars Ninjas. Should't they have more evade or stealth tactics?

Long post I know, but thank you for reading. (Even if you don't agree)

Replies

• Agree.

I just saw a clip of an arena match on youtube.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-7KtdfkJew

The guy has a team with a combined power of ~18600 and he WRECKS a complete nightsister team with a combined power of ~23900. Thats just absurd. It seems partly like an AI problem. The nightsisters are just plane dumb it seems and pose no threat.
    Too sad, I had plans on a nightsister team. Now I dont.
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I faced a fully maxed nightsister team, led by Ventress. It was laughable how easily I defeated it (my maxed team was Phasma, Ventress, Daka, Dooku, and Lumi).
    That said I am building my own team, not for arena, but for GW. My GW team is currently Ventress, Talia, Daka, Dooku, and Lumi, and I will replace Dooku or Lumi with Initiate. It is a fun team to try. Very sad though that it is not viable in the Arena.

Oh and I'm not certain why Ventress is listed as support, as attack is her primary function. It's possible that buff removal and stun is what makes her support.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • I've been building a nightsister team from the beginning, just because I love the characters. As for using it in the game, no chance, it sucks. I hope at some point they will get their buffs and become the awesome squad they should be.