Great squad or bad squad

For my pvp squad I have /Boba fett leader lvl 6 gear lvl 59 4 star/ Barriss offee lvl 7 gear status lvl 59 4 star/ "fives" lvl 6 gear lvl 59 4 star/ Darth Sidious lvl 7 gear lvl 59 5 star/ Clone wars chewbacca lvl 6 gear lvl 59 4 star/ could use help on who should be leader/ good squad/ advice

Replies

• You would wreck me. I'm level 54 using an all 54 level 6 geared crew missing all but the last piece of gear to upgrade to epic status. Consisting of chewy, Fives, Luminara, Jedi C, and Talia. All 4 star. Only been playing for 2 months. I also have a 3 complete suicide squads all level 44 and up for GW.
  • If I said that squad is bad... I'm being kind! Its actually horrendous!

The reason is simply you got zero in the way of damage.. Chewbacca, Barriss and Fives do not do much damage offensively even with Boba's critical leadership bonus... Boba fett too doesn't do much damage either is on the low side of moderate damage output... Sidious is your only character in that squad that does any potential significant damage...

You need to balance defense and offense... never going too high on one side or the other... for example droid teams are deadly but they tend to have very low health and thus easy to deal with if you can damage them quickly

The other thing is your squad as zero in the way of synergy with each other... they just don't work that great together...

Take for example Fives.. his ally attack... not a bad ability if the other people in your squad actually do significant damage... Only sidious falls into that category... barriss, chewbacca and Boba do not do much in the way of damage... and thus no one is going to be worried when your fives does his ally attack...

Now if you had people with very high basic damage output like Rey, FOTP, Geo Soldier and then your fives used their ally attack... I would be worried!

The two characters I would be looking to be replacing is Barriss and Chewbacca... Barriss is good in the GW, but pointless in the Arena... Chewbacca, if you need a tank, you need to think about replacing him with either Han or Poe.. heck even the ordinary storm trooper... The reason being is when any of these three tank they actually slow down the opposition, allowing you to attack them more.. Chewbacca doesn't!

There are a lot of themes to good group make up... pick one and go with it...

i.e. do you want a jedi team, a sith team, empire team, droid team etc etc... find one you like and work off that... teams that have a lot of synergy are a lot better than high star, high gear teams that simply do not work together...

Hope that helps

Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Skye wrote: »
    If I said that squad is bad... I'm being kind! Its actually horrendous!

The reason is simply you got zero in the way of damage.. Chewbacca, Barriss and Fives do not do much damage offensively even with Boba's critical leadership bonus... Boba fett too doesn't do much damage either is on the low side of moderate damage output... Sidious is your only character in that squad that does any potential significant damage...

You need to balance defense and offense... never going too high on one side or the other... for example droid teams are deadly but they tend to have very low health and thus easy to deal with if you can damage them quickly

The other thing is your squad as zero in the way of synergy with each other... they just don't work that great together...

Take for example Fives.. his ally attack... not a bad ability if the other people in your squad actually do significant damage... Only sidious falls into that category... barriss, chewbacca and Boba do not do much in the way of damage... and thus no one is going to be worried when your fives does his ally attack...

Now if you had people with very high basic damage output like Rey, FOTP, Geo Soldier and then your fives used their ally attack... I would be worried!

The two characters I would be looking to be replacing is Barriss and Chewbacca... Barriss is good in the GW, but pointless in the Arena... Chewbacca, if you need a tank, you need to think about replacing him with either Han or Poe.. heck even the ordinary storm trooper... The reason being is when any of these three tank they actually slow down the opposition, allowing you to attack them more.. Chewbacca doesn't!

There are a lot of themes to good group make up... pick one and go with it...

i.e. do you want a jedi team, a sith team, empire team, droid team etc etc... find one you like and work off that... teams that have a lot of synergy are a lot better than high star, high gear teams that simply do not work together...

Hope that helps

thanks Skye! Any suggestions of a good squad from the characters I have
    Sidious, fives, boba fett, Ashoka, chewy, luminara, savage, captain phasma, talia, Poe, jawa, leia, first order storm trooper, Jedi consular, ig 86, manga guard, datcha, snow trooper,
    Nightsister initiate, ewok scout. Thanks very much Skye if you could send back a message listing good squads from my list would be great thanks
  • Sidious,
    luminara
    Poe
    leia
    ig 86

If those are my options.