GW - needs a revamp

I know this will be totally ignored by the powers that be. But I have to vent.

GW has to be the worst designed game mode of any game I think I've ever seen. The wildly fluctuating difficulty at odd points just makes no sense.

For the past three days, my node six has been a fully maxed (all zetas, gear 11, seven star level 85) Sith team with a Zaul lead. A near 50,000 point team with no less than five zetas, and it's not even halfway through the table. What the ****, CG? Seriously? So in a game mode that is supposed to get progressively harder, you through in a top-rank arena team HALFWAY THROUGH? For three straight days? And then if you DO get through, and manage by some miracle to get to the end, the last node - which is purple as well, indicating it should be difficult - is a total gimme.

I think it's obvious to many that GW is broken, and has been almost since the beginning, but this is ridiculous.

Replies

• AMEN ... I've been complaining about this forever!
    Here's the **** logic behind GW. You have 2 characters, and ONLY 2 characters, with tier 11 gear, NO ZETA characters at all .... let's toss you up against multiple teams, fully decked out in tier 11 gear and zeta'd. OH, and let's put you up against raid only reward characters, AND let's put you up against tier 11 purchase only characters. The programers need a swift kick in their logic. GW ONLY looks at your power level, and sets you up against teams within a +/- power level range. More factors need to be incorporated into that logic.
  • Versatti
    241 posts Member
    Agree. GW is broken, there's no question of that and it continues to become more borked the more ridiculous new characters that get added.

For us mere mortals who are stuck behind the pay wall, it just doesn't work.

For me it stopped being fun when every node 12 became a triple cleanse, foresight loving, heal over time extravaganza.

Since then it's gone from bad to worse with the addition of one hit killing toons and abilities which allow squads to periodically become invisible, giving them time for their specials to reset.
  • Zolaz
    392 posts Member
    I dont think F2P players are suppose to win very much in GW.
  • Zolaz wrote: »
    I dont think F2P players are suppose to win very much in GW.

I'm FTP and I somehow manage to clear GW every day
  • WEDWAY
    19 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I play two games, one free and the other I pay to play. On the game I pay, I have some high leveled toons and now I cannot get through GW more than half way. On my free game, I clear GW every time. Both games are at level 85. I am enjoying the free game much more even though I don't have high level toons on it and I have fewer toons. Makes me think that I have been wasting my money, the more I spend, the harder it gets, and the less I can play. GW has gotten too difficult on my paid game; 11k Thrawn, 11k R2, 10k Nihlus, 11k Gen Kenobi, and a random toon has been the typical team I get stuck on early on.
  • Rlex
    160 posts Member
    WEDWAY wrote: »
    I play two games, one free and the other I pay to play. On the game I pay, I have some high leveled toons and now I cannot get through GW more than half way. On my free game, I clear GW every time. Both games are at level 85. I am enjoying the free game much more even though I don't have high level toons on it and I have fewer toons. Makes me think that I have been wasting my money, the more I spend, the harder it gets, and the less I can play. GW has gotten too difficult on my paid game; 11k Thrawn, 11k R2, 10k Nihlus, 11k Gen Kenobi, and a random toon has been the typical team I get stuck on early on.

Did you start them at the same time, are they in the same servers? How much are you PTP? If you think $10-20 purchases were going to grant you keys to the kingdom you're mistaken. They don't care. I think you're underneath the radar on the free one. Make it the same as the paid and then see. That'll be a true test.
  • Rlex
    160 posts Member
    So I'm thinking of a way we can all get together and make these issues more known so that either the devs fix it, we hit swgoh in the pockets hard enough that people higher up go "devs you need to fix this now"

This basically makes this issue known on social media outlets etc to where even potentially new people will be warned and not play. That way the devs and staff can't just stuff this in some thread no one will get to.
  • WEDWAY
    19 posts Member
    I started the two accounts one week apart. They are on different servers. In my household there are three other free players, all on different servers, and they experience the same thing on their games that I do on my f2p account. My PTP account, I spend a good amount, monthly. Another issue; I stay around 35 on the arena. I have allies with much lower stats on their toons, using the same toons I use, and they stay in the top 10. There are many confounding variables to consider when comparing accounts like this, but the results from comparing the accounts I am referring to are so dramatically different. I have completed every cantina battle and dark/light side battles with 3 stars. GW is the last place to use the toons for quality playing time, and now my paid game is too difficult to complete GW on most runs. I don't want to breeze through GW, but I don't want the first difficult fight be so impossible. It is either too easy or impossible. The severs need to be rebalanced every so often so that they offer similar experiences.
  • Title says it all
  • Versatti wrote: »
    Agree. GW is broken, there's no question of that and it continues to become more borked the more ridiculous new characters that get added.

For us mere mortals who are stuck behind the pay wall, it just doesn't work.

For me it stopped being fun when every node 12 became a triple cleanse, foresight loving, heal over time extravaganza.

Since then it's gone from bad to worse with the addition of one hit killing toons and abilities which allow squads to periodically become invisible, giving them time for their specials to reset.

Wait until you get powerful enough to break node 12 and every hard node is like this.
  • stavrik
    88 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Like tittle say GW really need rework. I don't have any zeta. My strongest toons are 80-82 g10. I regularly getting zeta teams. Becoming very frustrating.
    Today I got on node 10 Jedi team zeta QGJ lead. On node 11 full geared Droid team.
    Then node 12. Wiggs,Chaze and double zeta R2 with speed 252. Just not possible to beat them my inventory. Tried with stunning, heal blocking but Chirrut and R2 take that away. I gave up.
    Everybody say we get opponents based on our 5 most powerful toons.
    My most powerful team is about 67000. That Wiggs Chaze R2 is almost 81000. That is 14000 more.
    Maybe this the way to force players to stay longer login. Probably also to become more frustrated and then spend more money. I don't know but if this continues I will definitely stop playing game.
    I spend money on this game but I think no more.