Are you satisfied with the Thrawn event?

Kameleonic
241 posts Member
edited June 2017

Are you satisfied with the Thrawn event? 21 votes

Yes, and I unlocked him
28%
jedikilla84KynoTofuMaoLuukeRiffinatorForceDrain 6 votes
Yes, but I didn't unlock him
9%
BooDanHero4 2 votes
No, but I unlocked him
23%
Ouchiehasek007BIGCruzaderBanthafodder1LokTarr 5 votes
No, and I didn't unlock him
38%
KameleonicKaytubCWOJedisixSilentwalkerDarthSirenWhoVille_SheriffDarthGugelEli_Koten 8 votes

Replies

• Options
    Too high requirements with too little time to gather appropriate resources even at the base 5* level.
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, and I unlocked him
    Well, as a F2P that has been around for slmost a year, I loved the event, I had about 4000 of each coin saved up for something like this, so since the day they became farmable i went full on for them buying 20 shards a day, then spent some of my crystal bank on more cantina refreshes, nothing over the top, 200 daily but on Sunday-Monday, there I did 300 each day, got my thrawn at 6* with my Phoenix at gear VII, all uniques omegaed and lead Hera, the other abilities around level 5-6 and put my best mods into them, did it without Sabine, second try as well.
    I understand that some people are a bit sore that they wouldn't unlock him, but took me 4 months to unlock yoda and about 6-7 to get palpa, the separatist event I haven't competed yet.
    I understand some new players could be bitter about it, but well, he'll come back.
  • Options
    Saved coin? F2P it is near impossible to save anything. I am fully spent on everything, everyday: drained. Unless you have the perfect squads capable of sustaining income without investing in anything, or investing little on a daily basis, you simple cannot save anything. My best squad is able to remain between ranks (PvP) 800-1,000 and the squads around mine are way more powerful. I have none of these top squads like Wiggs, or a strong Sith team - none. Everything depends on drops and the luck you receive. I invest in one character, then I read it better to invest in another, no, invest in another, no, another...

This game baffles me. I pay money too, every month get a Chromium Mega Pack, and what do I get? Useless shards, like 10 shards in characters I neither use nor plan to invest in. The best I got was a 3* Chirrut, but now at 4* he can only help keep my team in the 800-1,000 rank area.

This game is heavily based on luck, regardless of what you aim to get. If you get only 2 shards in a character that you spend 200 Catina energy on, well, you are going to take months on end to get ONE character ALONE even up one star alone...

Truly disappointed in this arbritrary system.
  • DarthSiren
    10 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Nope... because it felt even more... that u have to pay... for the wall. I mean, its ok, when u spend "some" money for it. But the prizes are way to expensive...
    For example full games on PC or even console took u about 50-60 Bucks... but here u pay for "SHARDS" which dont give u a single charackter! Which is just a puzzle part... of the one charackter. ;) Dont forget that! And they force u, to get them. Because of getting other heroes! Which get with the upcomming next Charackter, nerfed. (In some cases...)

Or they make it so much overpowered. That u get a feeling of need! Like it feel on thrawn. Which dont only stun. No, he took one, completely out. (The crush ability, where u loose ur whole Speed...)
    And even for Raids... he got 1-2 really evil abilities...

I would say, iam able or willed to pay around 20-30 €/$ a month. But in the moment u need way more. 400-1000 of €/$.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, but I didn't unlock him
    For me, the event itself was fine - no issues.

The requirements however: Phoenix team that only recently became f2p was a huge issue. Unless you have huge stockpiles of needed resources to farm Phoenix, this event was ultimately a p2p event in disguise of f2p.
  • Options
    Kameleonic wrote: »
    Saved coin? F2P it is near impossible to save anything. I am fully spent on everything, everyday: drained. Unless you have the perfect squads capable of sustaining income without investing in anything, or investing little on a daily basis, you simple cannot save anything. My best squad is able to remain between ranks (PvP) 800-1,000 and the squads around mine are way more powerful. I have none of these top squads like Wiggs, or a strong Sith team - none. Everything depends on drops and the luck you receive. I invest in one character, then I read it better to invest in another, no, invest in another, no, another...

This game baffles me. I pay money too, every month get a Chromium Mega Pack, and what do I get? Useless shards, like 10 shards in characters I neither use nor plan to invest in. The best I got was a 3* Chirrut, but now at 4* he can only help keep my team in the 800-1,000 rank area.

This game is heavily based on luck, regardless of what you aim to get. If you get only 2 shards in a character that you spend 200 Catina energy on, well, you are going to take months on end to get ONE character ALONE even up one star alone...

Truly disappointed in this arbritrary system.

That's not how you should play. First of all Wiggs is super easy to unlock. But buying mega packs is almost never going to help you much. Buy cantina energy and farm the character shards you want
  • Options
    "Super easy"... Perhaps you missed the point: this game is consistently based on luck. A simple example: I spent 240 energy of the Tie Fighter Pilot, and was given 2 shards. 2! At that rate, that is, the typical exceedingly slow rate that shards drop, it will take months to a year or more to get one character alone to 7*.

Super easy;)