Update problems

I can't seem to download the update for the client. It just sits there in the Google Play store with the bar moving and nothing happens.

Should I Uninstall and re-download? Do I have to worry about losing my characters and progress?

Replies

• Dashboard
    229 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    If you are using and have your game account linked to the "Play Games" / "Google Play", you should not need to worry about loss of profiles.

Always save your Player ID, which is found in the settings panel of the game for future support reference.

I suggest to clear the game cache before reinstalling the game.
  • @Dashboard

I linked my game to my facebook. Would that still suffice? If I could have gotten into the game to save my player ID, I would have. I'm level 69 with A LOT of awesome characters. Would rather not lose them.

Where would I go to clear the game cache???
  • It might/might not suffice. Facebook is linked to your Player ID from my basic understanding of programming. Yet, the Facebook app does not store data of your game account progress. You know you have your account linked to "Google Play" when you get a notification with your name on it upon launching the application.

Clearing cache is your first step, which is a safe bet. If that does not do the trick, post another message with the results. As I live in Sweden, I won't reply till morning (approx. 8 hours from now).
  • On another note, you can use your Facebook account as a reference point when contacting support, which helps them recover player accounts. I am 80% certain of this, as it was mentioned in a old post from a while back.
  • @Dashboard

Thanks for the insight.

So where to clear the cache???
  • I could have sworn somebody else on the forum posted about this same issue...

Would anybody happen to have the link??
  • Outside of the game; head to the settings application. Locate the game in the "Apps" list, go into Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes "Heroes", then proceed to "Clear Cache".

I am using an iPhone as my daily driver and am getting this information from my Android emulator which may be running a different version of Android. If you cannot follow my instructions, consult Google Search to better cater to your device.
  • I'm having the same issue, please let me know if you come across a solution
  • This dashboard guy ^ was not very much help. You shouldn't have to reinstall the game for this update.
  • Lol...I went into my Google play and cancelled (literally) 20 other apps that were trying to update at the same time.

Re-opened the game and it downloaded like a charm.
  • So you're on an android device? I'm on iPhone and I have no other apps updating. I'm already having withdrawals from this game!!